Page 48 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    i got it last nite
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

At what point is HRentakki worth getting rid of? I don't have a HTBL and I'm still using HRoR. I'm at 68% crit.

After quite a bit of FR usage during the last two weeks of raiding, I've noticed some behavior that I can only describe as odd.

I'm currently using 2pc T16, and just so we're all on the same page, it has an automatic FR heal equivalent to using 20 rage for it. My concerns started actually during Thok and Garrosh last week, when I knew I was hitting my FR bind, I actually heard the sound FR makes when used, but my health wouldn't move much at all and my rage wasn't getting spent. At first I thought it might just be coinciding shortly after Barkskin expires, since the "free" FR puts FR on cooldown... and here I am doing my weekly clear of the Firelands raid, and post-combat Majordomo I use FR with 81 rage and I get healed for exactly what a 20 rage FR would and I lose no rage (Barkskin is off CD at this time), I used it again and it consumes 60 rage and heals for the appropriate amount.

So the short version is that it appears that Guardian 2pc T16 is randomly(?) causing a manually used Frenzied Regen to be a free 20-rage version like the 2pc is supposed to provide instead of consuming rage and yielding the appropriate size. Since the combat log doesn't track current rage levels, it's a tough case to prove other than catching it on the fly. I'm all for free heals, however when I'm expecting a 60-rage FR boom-heal versus a 20-rage one, it's rather dangerous. Has anyone else with Guardian 2pc T16 noticed this behavior?

*edit* - I think I've been able to reproduce it, and the next FR you manually use after Barkskin expires will consume no rage and yield healing equal to 20 rage spent.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2013-09-20 at 01:17 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Has anyone else with Guardian 2pc T16 noticed this behavior?
    Just went and tried it, and I'm getting the same issue. Persists through shifting, combat, reloading, waiting around, etc. The only thing I found that actually reset it was going through an instance portal (and, you know, using the heal or relogging). That's kind of annoying, no kidding .

Sort of related, I found out the t15 2pc applies to the free heal from 2-T16 without being consumed. That'd be nice if the next heal weren't guaranteed to be 20 rage and consume the stacks anyway .

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Having that exact same issue, killed me once tonight even :/

Since the combat log doesn't track current rage levels
    It actually does.

I think I've been able to reproduce it, and the next FR you manually use after Barkskin expires will consume no rage and yield healing equal to 20 rage spent.
    Good catch. I've reported this. In the future to make my life easier, please tweet stuff like this to me. Otherwise who knows how long it would be before it got fixed.

While we're on the topic of bugs, NV is only giving +10% healing still. +12% damage is working fine.

Rejuv's going from 13736 to 15110. FR's going from 118540 to 130394.

Glad to say it's pretty minor by comparison.

(I don't have a twitter nor care to set one up atm, don't maul me!)

While we're on the topic of bugs, NV is only giving +10% healing still. +12% damage is working fine.
    I'll replicate this at home and report it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    (I don't have a twitter nor care to set one up atm, don't maul me!)
    You're in good company, I think I got most of the social networking hype out of me back in the BBS and early AOL days.

About the rage levels, I thought the combat log only tracked rage gains via spell modifications (like getting extra rage on crit) and not current rage levels (since there's an API function that returns the current power level, in this case rage, at any given time).
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Just went and tried it, and I'm getting the same issue. Persists through shifting, combat, reloading, waiting around, etc. The only thing I found that actually reset it was going through an instance portal (and, you know, using the heal or relogging). That's kind of annoying, no kidding .

Sort of related, I found out the t15 2pc applies to the free heal from 2-T16 without being consumed. That'd be nice if the next heal weren't guaranteed to be 20 rage and consume the stacks anyway .
    Not listed in the hotfix notes, but neither of these are true anymore. 2-T16 is no longer bugged and no longer benefits from 2-T15

Not listed in the hotfix notes, but neither of these are true anymore. 2-T16 is no longer bugged and no longer benefits from 2-T15
    Told you I'd get it fixed

It also shouldn't trigger the CD on FR anymore either.

Don't think NV has been fixed yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    Told you I'd get it fixed

It also shouldn't trigger the CD on FR anymore either.

Don't think NV has been fixed yet though.
    Yup, I checked NV too. Not terribly worried about it, it's more of a resto thing.

And I do find Blizz is good about fixing stuff that actually gets reported. I've had good experiences in the past .

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

And I do find Blizz is good about fixing stuff that actually gets reported.
    Depends on the bug. Serious bugs get fixed in days, minor ones take months (or never get fixed !)

THEY BROKE OUR TWO PIECE AGAIN! Grrrrrrr.

It's casting FR when it ends, using up to 60 rage to heal us. It's not *technically* casting FR since it doesn't go on CD, but it's spending up to 60 of our rage when barkskin ends, and not giving the 20 rage heal as advertised.

The time just after patches is really fun. Yay for not raiding tuesdays .

EDIT:
    So apparently it only does this if you have the 4pc equipped as well? Ok then. Removing any piece of my tier makes the 2pc work perfectly fine, but having all 4 equipped causes the above to happen.
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2013-09-25 at 06:33 AM.

Quick question verifying how (a non-bugged) 2p interacts with the 4p: Since it gives you 3 seconds of SD and a 20 rage FR I assume you get a Ursoc's Vigor heal equal to a consumption of 50 rage. Is that correct?

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Quick question verifying how (a non-bugged) 2p interacts with the 4p: Since it gives you 3 seconds of SD and a 20 rage FR I assume you get a Ursoc's Vigor heal equal to a consumption of 50 rage. Is that correct?
    55 rage, or somewhat more accurately 27.5% of AP.

Dunno why.

Well that's a little odd... will have to add that extra 5 rage to SimC. Thanks for the quick reply!

PS: Minor plug, if you're willing to download and compile the trunk version of SimC (a new release should be out in the next couple days as well) I'm fairly confident that the Guardian part of the Druid module is in a pretty good place right now. If people are interested it would be cool for some people to play around with it and let me know if you run into any issues.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

55 rage, or somewhat more accurately 27.5% of AP.
    It should be 50, not 55.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    It should be 50, not 55.
    Oh, it definitely should.
    It just is healing for 55 rage worth.

E.g. at 50170 AP it heals for 13795 over the duration, and at 54020 it heals for 14906. Both correspond to 27.5%, or 55 rage worth. A 60 rage cast of either is working fine and healing for 30% over its duration.

EDIT:
    Hate to keep spamming, but I keep seeing more issues.
    The 4pc is not activating on refreshes of SD. Only on "activating" SD, if SD is already up the 4pc won't even register the cast. So that's another strike against the 4pc .

On the plus side, it lets me confirm that the 30 rage SD from the 2pc is being counted correctly, and the error there is the 4pc thinks the 2pc casts a 25 rage FR.
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2013-09-25 at 06:23 PM.