Page 61 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    While I don't want to rehash my belief that some classes have way too many CD/utility abilities to the point where replacing them would almost never happen, I'd like to say that Stampeding Roar has definitely been a boon for our 25man raids for SoO (especially H Garrosh). I found it ironic that our druids were generally brought in not because they could use Tranquility as a raid cooldown but rather for another Stampeding Roar... our raid leader likes us moving from point A to point B as fast as possible.

Tank-wise, Guardians are really strong on H Garrosh and most encounters really, especially when complimented with good gear. Guardians only get the bad stigma because everyone hates when a humanoid becomes inferior to a beast, so they try to keep us tamed! Although my co-tank thanks me for the +400-700k T&C absorbs I pump out while he's tanking.
    Yea, if only people stopped the propaganda that bears are weak, i find we are really really strong, garrosh 25h tickles me, i dont even need to use FR! Sadly my guild goes FotM to the max and they decided to recruit a monk rather than take me as their new tank, even though ive been bothering them about it for a year now... go figure.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of which.. If I ever do get to tank, has anyone ever kited adds on Heroic Garrosh25? I'm guessing its doable and we have healthy amounts of typhoons and shadowfuries... Anybody has a strat to kite them? Guessing hunter symbiosis for frost trap helps a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Speaking of which.. If I ever do get to tank, has anyone ever kited adds on Heroic Garrosh25? I'm guessing its doable and we have healthy amounts of typhoons and shadowfuries... Anybody has a strat to kite them? Guessing hunter symbiosis for frost trap helps a bit.
    I am interested in this as well (to whatever mode though), as so far 1 time I tried to kite the adds, they ended up being killed by me (hence I dont' want to try again and die....). Will Trash+Swipe once be enough to keep them on me and them away from healers?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    I am interested in this as well (to whatever mode though), as so far 1 time I tried to kite the adds, they ended up being killed by me (hence I dont' want to try again and die....). Will Trash+Swipe once be enough to keep them on me and them away from healers?
    Should be plenty if people aren't hitting the adds for no reason, the only remotely hard part of threat is grouping them up and getting a hit in on each one, once you have Thrash on each one they'll basically stick to you forever. It's a good idea to have any hunters throw some Multishots out at them through an MD to you if you can as well, that should help with picking them up a bit.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Yea, if only people stopped the propaganda that bears are weak, i find we are really really strong, garrosh 25h tickles me, i dont even need to use FR! Sadly my guild goes FotM to the max and they decided to recruit a monk rather than take me as their new tank, even though ive been bothering them about it for a year now... go figure.

- - - Updated - - -

i play a monk as main and have a druide and warri tank alt. i find druids are pretty strong as a tank in the common sense. the thing is now that tanks should do alot of damage. thats the design by blizzard and since you have tanks that can take the same hits but doing more damage, druids falling behind. thats why i really hope with 6.0 all tanks will so equal dmg and you don't go with the tank who does the most dmg. when i'm on my druid i feel like a wall.
    13/13

Monk

Deleted
    Does the hotfix allow us to get more than 75% DmgReduction from armor ?

"Resolved an issue for the following abilities that resulted in damage being calculated incorrectly when used against targets with a greater than 75% reduction to damage from armor.

Guardian Druids with greater than 75% damage reduction from Armor were getting less than the intended amount of Vengeance. Now they will gain the correct amount."

No, it allows you to continue to gain Vengeance from damage reduced beyond 75%. Which shouldn't affect anyone really.

Quote Originally Posted by McWire View Post

"Resolved an issue for the following abilities that resulted in damage being calculated incorrectly when used against targets with a greater than 75% reduction to damage from armor.

Guardian Druids with greater than 75% damage reduction from Armor were getting less than the intended amount of Vengeance. Now they will gain the correct amount."
    The cap has been 85% for a bit now.

I love being a tank! They call me the meatshield when i raid

Deleted
    I have a question, my guild will start progressing on Thok heroic 10 man and I was wondering is it can be done with druid solo tank or we might need 2 tanks, my co tank is warrior, my armory link is eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/neptulon/Elliong/advanced (sry still can't post links), I also have vial normal and tank cloak of course, I am open for any advice for the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliong View Post
    I have a question, my guild will start progressing on Thok heroic 10 man and I was wondering is it can be done with druid solo tank or we might need 2 tanks, my co tank is warrior, my armory link is eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/neptulon/Elliong/advanced (sry still can't post links), I also have vial normal and tank cloak of course, I am open for any advice for the fight.
    We're single tanking this with a BrM b/c BrM, but I know both Ahanss and Buraan have solo tanked it in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    We're single tanking this with a BrM b/c BrM, but I know both Ahanss and Buraan have solo tanked it in the past.
    Well...
    We did for a little bit. Overall surviving wasn't really an issue, but we ended up 2-tanking it. 2 reasons:

1: I have no good way of picking up bats
    2: Our DK's OS wasn't exactly great, so with some vengeance cheesing/DPS gearing he was hardly doing less DPS as a tank than as frost.

But as long as you have MDs or something for bats, then all you really need to do is figure out your CDs for phase 1 and you should be golden.

Yea, ive solo tanked h thok 10man once, its pretty easy, the only bad part are bats, need an MD for that.

Yea, ive solo tanked h thok 10man once, its pretty easy, the only bad part are bats, need an MD for that.
    Out of morbid curiosity, couldn't one just position the boss so that the bats would fly right by the tank, pop Incarnation and go to town? We don't do that normally in our raids (25man), and the few times I actually tanked bats for that fights the MDs were.... *cough* mistakenly *cough* put on a healer, so I popped NV/Inc and managed to pick them up, figured the same could be possible while actively solo-tanking Thok since they'll take the path towards healers most likely. Maybe too much of a hassle if you already have an MD, but we have positioning down to a science so it doesn't seem too extreme. I'm sure there's some 10mans that don't have MDs that may resort to something similar.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I will be talking about 25 men raids since that's what Im experienced at, I have no clue about 10 men.
    - On 25 men first of all I must say it's pointless to 1 tank it imo, 10 men groups should 1 tank it.
    - The bats part, the way we do it, is having a DK do a mass pull on the bat tank that is standing in the melee group, and that tank can take them very easily from that point on, whoever was the class tanking. As a druid when I did it with no DKs there to help it, I used to do a symbiosis on a pala for the AOE thingy, then go a little forward past all the boss to the other side of him, drop the aoe there with a cleave and go back to the melee group fast.
    - I was tranq talented and used the tranq on the very last kiting phase.
    - I took 3 stacks of panic, 3-4 stacks of poison, 4 of frost, easily with a barkskin at 1, major cooldown (phases alternating between SI and MoU) at 2, barkskin & meta proc at 3 with frenzied regen and by that time my co tank would be taunting it off.
    - I doubt I can successfully 1 tank it on 25 men as a druid.

Deleted
    Hey guys and beuties. http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/arathor/candal he is my friend, and he wanted to ask, how can he become more "optimized".
    With his current gear, he want to know how set up the stat weight's (edit weight's) to get more crit and mastery, cuz he think he could be better, just don't know how to do the gems and reforges , to become better.

Eh, there isn't really stat weights for tanks, just go for the stat priority. hit/exp caps> 79% crit > haste > mastery. Gem stam and reforge mastery if he needs more EH/very undergeared (Not happening)

Deleted
    crit>haste>mastery ? i tought crit>mastery>haste. Yeah, he is in normal team atm, for that, the gear is great, just you know, he want the max from his gear.
    The 79% crit is with or without the 5% raid buff ?

mastery is great, but rage generation is just so much better, on top of providing damage, thus mastery goes to the bottom of the list, on top of effective health not really being a factor for bears, as they have sooo much mitigation and hp. If you follow the priority, you don't need stats weights, you'll get the max from your gear. Reforge mastery to crit if possible, if not from haste/hit/exp.

79% crit is with the 5% that he gets in bearform.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Once you hit 79% Crit you can choose between Mastery or Haste for 25man Heroics, whatever you think works better for you.

Deleted
    Ah, I see now, thanks for the answers , you helped a lot.