LF Beast Headset

Hey guys currently I am using the razer Charchasis. It is a great headset but I think its time for an upgrade for 1 reason and 1 reason only. The microphone on it is just terrible. ALl of my audio recordings give me a white hissing noise when windows 7 drivers are set to studio quality. I have found a solution to this by making sure it is a USB device and it has a "condenser" microphone on it.

Know this, does anyone know of any good gaming headset that are not only feel comfortable and sound great but also have a good microphone that will gie be great quality sound without that hissing noise in all my videos and streams.

My budget is about $180.

Also here is a sample of the hissing noise im talking about.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqjdjPbxEjg

People have given a solution to the hissing noise problem which was to just turn down the microphone boost, but that doesn't get rid of it just makes it really soft and still noticeable and as well as making it so no one can hear my voice over anything else.

Thanks for the help guys
    Last edited by LCDArcade; 2012-08-31 at 05:03 AM.

I personally recommend Logitech G930. However most people find a lot of issues with the software and that the advanced equalizer does not have preset settings. Those are both really easy to fix, and only requires about 10 minutes of work time to get it working perfectly to your standards.

Gaming it's amazing. Skyrim, BF3, and GW2 sound amazing on this headset. Vent has zero issues at least on my end though I used to have (when I first got it) issues regarding the dongle resetting a lot. Which caused some issues but I haven't had any for months now.

Also, sturdy headset, feels firm against ears but not head squishing. They are... really good to me, however I doubted getting it because of reviews I saw. I'm sure there are better out there, but I won't spend another 100+ dollars on a new headset until this one dies.

Aveline's amazing work!

Deleted
    Sennheiser PC 360

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Sennheiser PC 360
    Either that or just get a seperate condenser mic and a pair of sweet headphones later on.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

If you really want a headset, go sennheiser pc 360, or don't even bother.

Otherwise, get a headphone and a separate mic, which will give you much better sound quality.

For close to a 100 you can get a shure srh440 + zalman mic. For close to that 180 you can get a sennheiser hd 558 + zalman mic which is like 8 dollars.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=221097636232

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ser%20hd%20558
    Last edited by Naididae; 2012-08-31 at 02:35 PM.

I think the 5.1 trittons are good. Builtin mic, works on ps3, 360 and pc.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-Tr...item519fd1c653
    Last edited by c0rnel; 2012-08-31 at 06:24 PM.

Id go w/ Astro A40's myself, if I had money to piss away.

I've been using gaming headsets for a long time now and have used Logitech, Creative SoundBlaster, and other less known products. The Corsair 1500 is by far the best so far. The build quality is very good and sturdy, without weighing a ton. The fit, apparent weight on my head, and comfort of these are very good. The mic is easily positioned and all of my online friends and family have confirmed my voice was crystal clear, both on Ventrilo and Skype.

The sound quality is full and dynamic, matching well with gaming sound sources once you actually install the driver and do a little bit of tweaking. I haven't done much critical music listening with these (as that's not what I got them for), but they're very good. I do not hesitate when I recommend this headset, it's very competent and has no flaws for me.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

10+ Year Old Account
    Sennheiser PC 360
    (or even 350)

Worth every penny and they won't break like other brittle s*&^ headsets will eventually, unless ur fat girlfriend rolls over on them of course... plastic is malleable and you can twist them all around.

amazing bass (esp if you rig up a back strap to make them a little tighter). Use for work and play and mic noise cancellation is brilliant.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you are willing to pay the price Behold the Razer Tiamat 7.1, the world’s first circumaural gaming headset with 10 individual drivers built-in to deliver the ultimate 7.1 Surround Sound experience. Dominate deathmatches when you can hear incoming enemy footsteps to prevent backstabs and pinpoint enemy locations through gunfire with absolute precision.

No other surround sound headset has been engineered to produce such lifelike positional audio geared for the ultimate tactical advantage.

I can honestly say this is the best sounding headset I have ever heard. Now at the same point I don't have a 7.1 card my roommate bought this and I was playing wow on his Computer checking it out and I have got to say just wow. This will be my next headset I just hope they put out a 7.1 USB version.

My current headset is a Logitech G35 and I love it because it is 7.1 and also USB but man this Razer will be my next purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?