Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    uh lol so wrong, RMP? obviously didnt play during bc bro (try hunter for hardest glad class in bc)

also omg mages were bad for one raid, call tha police
    uh, RMP was not an easy comp to get glad with at any point. Contrary to popular belief, mages have always been pretty much middle of the pack. One season they were next to last, one season third from the top. Mostly in the middle. Looks like they will be close to the top in MoP tho.

Quote Originally Posted by cpa View Post
    uh, RMP was not an easy comp to get glad with at any point. Contrary to popular belief, mages have always been pretty much middle of the pack. One season they were next to last, one season third from the top. Mostly in the middle. Looks like they will be close to the top in MoP tho.
    I haven't seen mages being 'middle' or 'next to last' ever. They have always been on top with low skill-cap (blue post confirmed they have low skill-cap).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    Okay, so I just returned to wow today, I've messed about a bit on my mage (Link in sig). I have pretty much the best gear available, I crit geared people for a maximum of 55-60k maybe, with procs etc. This Oxina's gear is inferior to mine, so there is but one conclusion: Altered circumstances. He was most likely under the effects of a power up, or you were under the effects of Recklessness. Regardless, fire is ridiculously OP atm, I go through people like a hot knife through butter atm, after having been inactive for almost 3 months. It's just like any other X.0 patch prior to the release of the next expansion, the numbers are so off balance-wise because they ARE tuned for level 90, NOT 85.

Edit. Just transferred today, the character will be updated some time later I guess
    too bad reck doesnt increase dmg taken anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by EDGrenade View Post
    This "balanced for 90" relies on some mythical switch that Blizzard has that they apparently didn't use to "balance at 85" last expansion or "balance at 80" for wotlk.

The mere thought that Blizzard is going to get it right this time is ludicrous.
    We all secretly know that this to be true! Blizzard unfailingly gets it wrong then does the usual buff/nerfs at the time.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewwindeeps View Post
    You. Are. Not. Wearing. PVP. Gear. And. Getting. Hit. For. 60k+. Pyroblasts.
    /thread
    there is one flaw with that logic... anyone and everyone has inherent 40% resil...now if that mage pvp power is a different story

10+ Year Old Account
    if that mage upsets you in 85. try lowbie Bgs and get owned by holy pallies...
    you can't kill em, you can't survive em..
    had the "honor" to get in a WSG which consisted of 6 holy pallies, 2 ret pallies (couldn't understand how the system allowed 6 healer specs in a 10 man BG) and 2 priests.. They've torn us apart without any of them ever dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    not saying the more posts you have the smarter you are, but to make 1.8k posts and not be banned means that saying things like "a huntard made an IQ joke" sounds like the stuff the 10 post alts who get permanently banned post
    If they won't infract you there is no reason to infract him.

---------- Post added 2012-09-06 at 12:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    I haven't seen mages being 'middle' or 'next to last' ever. They have always been on top with low skill-cap (blue post confirmed they have low skill-cap).
    That holds true for pretty much any spec, well maybe not demo locks.(at least before 5.0.4, haven't played them since)
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Fire mages are out of control atm, I agree. The same could be said for a number of other classes, but fire mages seem to do be one of the stronger ones. Some say BM Hunters are on the same boat, but when we compare their overall damage and pressure, it has NOTHING on these mages since they only try to kill every 1min or so.

If the combustion doesn't kill you, the ignite or even following pyro should

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    Fire mages are out of control atm, I agree. The same could be said for a number of other classes, but fire mages seem to do be one of the stronger ones. Some say BM Hunters are on the same boat, but when we compare their overall damage and pressure, it has NOTHING on these mages since they only try to kill every 1min or so.

If the combustion doesn't kill you, the ignite or even following pyro should
    And the biggest problem is 90 makes it worse. They still need next to no crit for 100% shatter crits and can get 30% more spell dmg done at 90. And they get alter time which can be used for even more burst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mages need the C Smash treatment, lower their damage on pvp targets by at least 33%. Holy Paladins too while they are at it, and 50%!

Every BG I have done at 85 with a geared fire mage they did DOUBLE the damage done of the next person. I was running some yesterday me with T2, Frost DK with Heroic Gurth and Fire Mage with T2, and he out damaged both of us combined in one AB, running around with us. That is beyond asinine.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2012-09-06 at 05:14 PM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys like you OP need to stop QQ and reroll mage. Or get to lvl90 first.

w/e

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewwindeeps View Post
    You. Are. Not. Wearing. PVP. Gear. And. Getting. Hit. For. 60k+. Pyroblasts.
    /thread
    I wear pvp gear and get hit for even higher numbers...

Quote Originally Posted by Eyefinity View Post
    qq much, if u had pvp gear he wouldn't be critting, also a part is missing so yeah.
    PvP gear doesn't prevent crits, just saying.

My Fire Mage is full 390(now, was 403 before) PVP geared with Legendary. I see a Warrior/Cast Living Bomb/ Cast Instant Pyro with PoM, it crits and get Heating up/Casting Inferno Blast so I get Hot streak up/Casting another Instant Pyro followed by Combustion/As warrior gets stuned for 3 secs, I go and give him a Dragons Breath/ casting a new Living bomb and a Frostfire bolt if he is still alive. That is some serious burst....All these will not take more than 6-8 seconds and thats all you need to kill almost every class as a Fire Mage if they are badly geared and catch them out of guard!

Deleted
    But without fire mages beeing all pro Dot Cleaves will be run over by Physical Cleaves

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifern View Post
    But without fire mages beeing all pro Dot Cleaves will be run over by Physical Cleaves
    Good, Spicy Chicken Cleave is stupid.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    if that mage upsets you in 85. try lowbie Bgs and get owned by holy pallies...
    you can't kill em, you can't survive em..
    had the "honor" to get in a WSG which consisted of 6 holy pallies, 2 ret pallies (couldn't understand how the system allowed 6 healer specs in a 10 man BG) and 2 priests.. They've torn us apart without any of them ever dying.
    Holy paladins have been nerfed already, you didn't think they would get more than a week of feeling like a mage did you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    Fire isn't OP compared to the other DPS and Hybrids currently out there. We rely mostly on 3 spells for the entire duration until we get a proc or use combustion off CD. So for the better part we are stuck with Scorch and Inferno Blast and Living Bomb. IB is a guaranteed crit, however, scorch doesn't do much damage. Even then we spend a majority of our time in a BG spamming Scorch. Yes we have decent burst damage and can solo most if we line our CDs together, Frostjaw, Stun, and Combustion. However, that very rarely happens.

The current OP classes that do ridiculous amount of damage are Boomkins that regularly do 2 times my damage over the course of a BG, i.e with me pulling around 2-3million total damage., Warlocks; spread their DOTs, and Frost DKs.

Yes we have decent burst, but mages are nothing more than a glass cannon. And most healers these days can simply heal through all of that. It is sooo hard trying to kill a druid.
    This isn't even remotely true, i go around in bgs spamming scorch, pyro, inferno blast as you say but it's not rare at all for me to be able to orchestrate my own burst. Frost Jaw, Deep Freeze, Nova and random scorch crits are all pretty much guarentees on pyroblasts and huge combustions. That is the issue with a spec built around randomness via procs to do damage, that can control them remarkably well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be more worried about rogues/frost dks tbh. Got hit by 54k ambush and 70k eviscerate in one subterfuge yesterday. Also got hit 45k obliterate on my druid with full ruthless/some parts of cataclysmic and gemmed with pvp resil in yellow slots.

Deleted
    Fire mage is only OP on deep freeze, it gives you near guranteed pyros which is what you want to avoid. Sometimes....it's just not possible to avoid a deep freeze now that every mage has it with the crit multiplier.

Imo, crit multiplier should only apply to frost, fire is heavily reliant on crits to do insane burst and having a way to guarantee that every 30 seconds is mind blowing game design. Most classes have burst every 2 mins or so, like Ret palas but fire mage gets it every 30 seconds but completely unavoidable without trinket.

I don't have any problems because feral shits on fire in 1v1.