Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man i really miss the days lego was made out of mostly just blocks, and not just a couple massive plastic pieces you snap together and call it done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    Man i really miss the days lego was made out of mostly just blocks, and not just a couple massive plastic pieces you snap together and call it done.
    So true!

Luckily I grew out of Lego (as a kids toy, the giant models are still high class, but sooo expensive) only shortly before that point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    Since when was Lego about the models and not the buildings?
    Well this is absolutely true ;D

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 05:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post

Not so true anymore.

The newer LEGOs have created all sorts of creatures. It seem they mold an entirely new head that sits on the same body pin or they create a helmet of sorts that fits on a blank head to give the appearance of monsters or creatures. Same with the lower body as well.
    Ahah! Nice trick that :P I really don't know what they made up in the meantime... I got them when the first Robin Hood forest legos were new :P a million internet years ago

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, but I can't feel any love for these. :/ They just look so cheap and nasty and *junky*. I guess my preference for details/quality stems from legit Lego and Warhammer-esque (and any other brand of highly detailed plastic/metal) miniatures.

Deleted
    Im sitting here waiting for the zepplin to release in swedish stores so far only one store actuly sells any of these sets atleast what i have found and its webhallen if anyone wanted to know sadly they only have the small ones no lich king or such however yet only the random alliance and horde characters :/

Atleast they arent getting ignored like the Halo ones where i so wanted a few of those but meh.
    Last edited by mmoc53d469cddd; 2012-08-31 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Volta View Post
    Well this is absolutely true ;D

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 05:03 PM ----------

Ahah! Nice trick that :P I really don't know what they made up in the meantime... I got them when the first Robin Hood forest legos were new :P a million internet years ago
    Some are as simple as this:

OR

but some get more elaborate.
    Last edited by quras; 2012-08-31 at 03:38 PM.

Deleted
    *sinp*
    Wow, that's fking awesome

I can't believe how easily I get impressed with legos after all this time...

Why did Blizz never partner up with Lego??

They would have made a mountain of $$$$$$$$, which - as we all know - is something they are very fond of.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Wow, that's fking awesome

I can't believe how easily I get impressed with legos after all this time...
    My son is in a LEGO robotics builders club at his middle school. There are some really cool LEGOs that you just can't see or get in any other block building sets.

So much more could have been done if it was LEGO and not megablock.

Deleted
    My son is in a LEGO robotics builders club at his middle school. There are some really cool LEGOs that you just can't see or get in any other block building sets.

So much more could have been done if it was LEGO and not megablock.
    Kids these days are such lucky bastards... =P

I have long since decided that when/if I get a kid in a couple of years, I'd get all of those legos ''for the kids'' =P

(they just have that much more than we had /cry, the best we had were the dragons and I was damn proud of my 2 green ones!)

10+ Year Old Account
    I can tell you why Blizzard didn't partner with Lego.... Exclusivity and Licensing....

Take a look at what Lego does with EVERYTHING they license.... They make a full line of toys (ok so far), make a Lego "License Name Here" video game on consoles (NOT OK), Make Lego animated movies of licenses (again, I'm sure NOT OK) .... Lego basically takes over license control of Lego version of that license.

I DO NOT see Blizzard being ok with Lego making a "Lego WoW" on the Wii and Wii U. Do you? or Lego Warcraft on Boomerang channel? without their blessing or input?

you know Lego would INSIST on it!! it would be a cash cow for them! that would be why.

I'm sure Blizzard did go to Lego first and Lego said.. we want THIS... and Blizzard told them to beat sand and Megabloks were willing to play in the mud with them.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bristae View Post
    I can tell you why Blizzard didn't partner with Lego.... Exclusivity and Licensing....

Take a look at what Lego does with EVERYTHING they license.... They make a full line of toys (ok so far), make a Lego "License Name Here" video game on consoles (NOT OK), Make Lego animated movies of licenses (again, I'm sure NOT OK) .... Lego basically takes over license control of Lego version of that license.

I DO NOT see Blizzard being ok with Lego making a "Lego WoW" on the Wii and Wii U. Do you? or Lego Warcraft on Boomerang channel? without their blessing or input?

you know Lego would INSIST on it!! it would be a cash cow for them! that would be why.

I'm sure Blizzard did go to Lego first and Lego said.. we want THIS... and Blizzard told them to beat sand and Megabloks were willing to play in the mud with them.
    If true thats all fine and dandy. Blizzard can't be the only people running a business for a profit.

However, at least you know with LEGO you're getting a superior product vs a mega blocks product.

Even may 11 year old knows the difference between the 2. When we saw them in target he was not interested in them simply cause it was mega block. Not that he didn't think WOW stuff was cool or interesting, he didn't want mega block from past experiences when he received that product.

You could be right about LEGO wanting certain agreements, but again they would still have to pay royalties, contracts are signed in many different ways and are rarely all inclusive like you mention. So I doubt thats how it turned out but we'll never know so we might as well throw any guess in the hat.

But I do know this, blizzard made a mistake by not using LEGO as far as block building toys goes in my book.
    Last edited by quras; 2012-08-31 at 06:17 PM.

Well all those looked like trash to me. Gaudy and gross.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I know lego has all sorts of crazy stuff these days, but afaik they never distanced themselves from their 'human' models. I guess making taurens and trolls wouldn't be doable by just putting a paintjob over a human model. oO
    Look at the Lord of the Rings LEGO sets and minifigures if you want to get an idea of what WoW themed ones might look like.

Over the years they have started printing the bodies and heads with much more detail along with different faces. Sometimes heads have two different facial expressions that you can flip around, with a helmet to cover the unused one.

I'll just link:

Last edited by Cows For Life; 2012-08-31 at 07:58 PM. Reason: added pictures

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't bought the Deathwing set yet, as I mentioned in my original post, but just looking at Deathwing in the screenshot makes me slightly annoyed. He's too silvery.

Quote Originally Posted by Dither9 View Post
    I would have been more interested in them if they were Lego to be honest.
    Exactly what I said!

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    So you would recommend crap?

I'm sorry, but my lego sets from 25 years ago can still be put together no problem and for some pieces you still need a hammer to get them off.
    Cows For Life pretty much answered for me:

Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    But it's MegaBloks with World of Warcraft themed crap!
    Only reason I recommend this crap is because it's WoW-themed and it looks nice on your shelf.

I have to admit, they look pretty cool. But it's not lego, so it's kind of heresy :P
    My viewpoint exactly. HERESY!

Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    Why give the license to a no name brand (comparatively) and not to Lego? Did Lego not want it?

Seriously, never even heard about something like Megabloks before this post.
    Megabloks is actually Lego's competitor. They're the second biggest building block company, Lego being the first.

The reason Megabloks got the license is because THEY approached Blizzard with the idea, and Blizzards like "sure why not?"; first come first serve.

I know lego has all sorts of crazy stuff these days, but afaik they never distanced themselves from their 'human' models. I guess making taurens and trolls wouldn't be doable by just putting a paintjob over a human model. oO
    http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?M=col088

They can just make a head mold. I have this particular minifigure from the little blind bags.

If it's not LEGO, it's not worth buying when it comes to those types of toys but I'm glad they have at least gotten better over the years.

So the review was good in knowing that.
    That was my mindset before buying the sets. But I just HAD to buy them, because it's WoW.

Not so true anymore.

The newer LEGOs have created all sorts of creatures. It seem they mold an entirely new head that sits on the same body pin or they create a helmet of sorts that fits on a blank head to give the appearance of monsters or creatures. Same with the lower body as well.

but some get more elaborate.
    Damn, beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Perderder View Post
    As someone who has collected LEGO my whole life I will have to agree. I purchased two of the MegaBloks Warcraft Sets and was only impressed by the figures. They are very detailed and stay true to the Warcraft characters they represent. However, the brick quality is very poor. The ball joints on Sindragosa's wings are hit and miss. One side is nice and tight and the other side is very loose. The clutch on the bricks is as bad as the ball joints which makes the Frozen Throne very brittle.

LEGO has lowered some of their brick quality lately due to some outsourcing in China. However, this usually only affects the color quality in a very subtle way. Even on their worst day LEGO is 100% better than Mega.
    This I agree with 100%, as I stated above in the review. Even my friend who was with me when buying the first 4 sets in the screenshot said "Megabloks throws all their money they could use to better their plastic into making shinier boxes.."

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanibull View Post
    World of Warcraft section of Lego Land in Florida = Missed opportunity.
    And all the other Lego Lands as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    Well... they do look nicer. Gives more variety and customization.

Quote Originally Posted by Koula View Post
    I'm sorry, but I can't feel any love for these. :/ They just look so cheap and nasty and *junky*. I guess my preference for details/quality stems from legit Lego and Warhammer-esque (and any other brand of highly detailed plastic/metal) miniatures.
    Yeah, I just look past that and say "But it's WoW.. So i have to like it."

Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    Im sitting here waiting for the zepplin to release in swedish stores so far only one store actuly sells any of these sets atleast what i have found and its webhallen if anyone wanted to know sadly they only have the small ones no lich king or such however yet only the random alliance and horde characters :/

Atleast they arent getting ignored like the Halo ones where i so wanted a few of those but meh.
    International is harder to get. Why don't you just order from the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    Why did Blizz never partner up with Lego??

They would have made a mountain of $$$$$$$$, which - as we all know - is something they are very fond of.
    As I said in one of the quotes above, Megabloks approached Blizzard with the idea in 2010, and Blizzard just accepted.
    Last edited by DaHomieG; 2012-08-31 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Added another quote reply.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    International is harder to get. Why don't you just order from the US?
    Becos the price would be doubled if not more and i have horrible memories of ordering from other countries either it gets lost or it comes home to me broken happened several times now so thats why i dont order anything online anymore.
    Also even if i do want to risk it most sites dont even ship here for some reason.

Deleted
    EDIT: The pictures kept coming out huge so I had to remove them and add the direct links to them instead. If a mod could resize them, I would appreciate it a lot.
    I've changed them into clickable thumbnails for you

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if anyone remember this or not but this is what it could of be more like if WoW had used Lego instead....This project done of Booty Bay is freaking awesome......

http://wow.joystiq.com/photos/lego-booty-bay/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    Becos the price would be doubled if not more and i have horrible memories of ordering from other countries either it gets lost or it comes home to me broken happened several times now so thats why i dont order anything online anymore.
    Also even if i do want to risk it most sites dont even ship here for some reason.
    Aw. Yeah I remember ordering to the US from Europe and the thing I ordered was utterly destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I've changed them into clickable thumbnails for you
    Thank you! <3

Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    Not sure if anyone remember this or not but this is what it could of be more like if WoW had used Lego instead....This project done of Booty Bay is freaking awesome......

http://wow.joystiq.com/photos/lego-booty-bay/
    Wow that looks nice. :O
    Last edited by DaHomieG; 2012-09-01 at 04:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Your WoW Mega Blocks!

I assembled my LK and Sindragosa just now - if you have any to post, post them here:

and

I really thought it would take longer to assemble, but no!