Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I really wish a petless Frost was an option.

I personally LOVE the feel and game play of frost, except for one aspect: the accursed Water Elemental. Back when it was a CD I didn't mind it so much, but ever since it became permanent I have despised that thing. Does anyone else feel the same way, or am I alone in my hatred?

10+ Year Old Account
    What about it do you hate, exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    What about it do you hate, exactly?
    That fact that it exists. As a long time Warlock, I have come to despise my pets and their fragility and terrible AIs. Thus, when GoSac became an option for us, I was incredibly happy. I was hoping for something similar (perhaps in the form of a glyph) for Frost, but no such luck.

Deleted
    Terrible AI? What do you have your petbar then for?

Deleted
    never gonna happen, mages have cried blood in vanilla because "BOOH HOOO WIZARDS IN WC3 HAD WATER ELEMENTAL BOO-FKING-OOOH"

Glyphed Water Elemental will stick to you like glue rather than wander off and die, it's about the best you can hope for.

would be nice if there was somehow an option to have a fire/frost arcane elemental for each spec, or none at all.

i would definitely opt for none at all, it gets in the way, the only thing i use the elemental for is it's targetted freeze - which you could easily modify frostnova to do if you didn't want to use an elemental.

i actually managed to not glyph my water elemental last night and did LFR - it died repeatedly. i wasn't amused, i couldn't replace the glyph on the fly either as i had no dust of dissapearance /fail

edit - also noticed that i kept targetting my elemental and hitting it with frostbolts instead of mobs - so annoying. when fighting a bunch of mobs, you used to be able to just continuously cast and once your current target was dead, it'd fail to cast or switch to the next target. now it seems to switch to the elemental instead, so i have to tab target a shit load more than i used to. very annoying change - it's nice to be able to heal my pet with frostbolts, but not when it's at the expense of easy target switching.
    Last edited by smokii; 2012-08-31 at 02:04 PM.
    <insert witty signature here>

Deleted
    I like the pet, but I dislike the sound it makes. I guess I could turn off sound effects, but I like to hear them except for that elemental. Other than that, I definitely prefer it being permanent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfang View Post
    I like the pet, but I dislike the sound it makes. I guess I could turn off sound effects, but I like to hear them except for that elemental. Other than that, I definitely prefer it being permanent.
    I hated that aswell on my 56 mage, but i think i found a way around it.

If you disable sound, shift-s or if it was ctrl-s, and then summon it up, and turn it on you won't hear it.

Don't know if that still works but i think it worked for me.

Me myself i like the element frost more than fire. Frost is a nice playstyle, but i don't like pets and having to control them at all. Main reason why i dont have a hunter, and dont play warlock good :S.

It applies to DotA aswell -> don't like to play heros like Meepo or Chen that has to tab between all ur units n shit.

I have to pee 23% more when I'm in Frost Spec.

With it is Glyphed and I have the camera too close to my toon, all I see is a blue blob on my screen.

I feel like its making fun of me when my dps is low.

I'm a Fire Mage now.

The sound is the only thing I can't stand, and yes you can do the sound on/off trick but once you dismount the effect comes back.
    Top 100.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to mention pets increase your aggro radius when you're trying to skip mobs.

I love the pet when PvPing.

In PvE I can see the value, but I wouldn't dream of taking it away in pvp. Being able to freeze while stunned/sapped/disoriented is priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenks3 View Post
    In PvE I can see the value, but I wouldn't dream of taking it away in pvp. Being able to freeze while stunned/sapped/disoriented is priceless.
    I think that's my biggest issue: Freeze. It just feels so clunky in PvE.

Better than hunters at least; it is literally impossible to play an archer in WoW.

(Rangers and hunters aren't archers.)

Everytime I leave combat with my water ele I get this constant buzzing sound like my water elemental is channeling. The only way to reset it is to turn off headphone enabled sound then back on. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

I'm not a fan of having a pet either, it's one of the things why warlocks never appealed to me. Only pet class I tolerate is hunter.

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Nigawatts View Post
    With it is Glyphed and I have the camera too close to my toon, all I see is a blue blob on my screen.
    I feel like it could be a smaller, maybe a minor glyph or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Glyphed Water Elemental will stick to you like glue rather than wander off and die, it's about the best you can hope for.
    i dont know if its just me or not, but with the glyph my water ele goes off and chases people out of range

10+ Year Old Account
    I just dislike having to freeze to get the extra proc for Ice lance or w/e. It is tedious and makes the spec unplayable for me.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream