Returning to wow - Looking for some advice

I decided to take a break from wow about a year ago and a friend has kindly offered to send me a scroll of resurection so I thought I'd come back and see what's been going on!

Really I was hoping you guys could update me on the state of DK's in the game? When I left DW Frost was the go to spec in pve and pvp so what' changed peeps!

Some of the posts on here are painting a rather grim picture of DK's in pvp - is it really that bad or is this just your normally players complaning type thing?

With the scroll I get to instantly level a character to 80 so would it be worth swapping over to something else? I prefer melee DPS and I have a rogue at 85 too so would it be worth playing a different class?

Any other points you think would help out a returning player would be appreciated ! ! !

10+ Year Old Account
    well the patch for pre mop just came out..so the classes feel different...idk the state of dk's there runes changed again and such and you might wanna try a pally or druid something like that but mop comes out very soon sept 25 and talent and classes changes just happended tuesday so some stuff to do.

Play the class when you like the style and gameplay of the class.
    Don't stop playing the class just because it might currently be bad in some situation. Because that sort of stuff gets changed quickly.
    I play my priest through good and bad times and even in bad times I have fun and manage to be decent because I really like the class.

But DKs were never bad in PvP. Unholy DKs were never a bad choice, and are also looking good for MoP. Quote from a DK Gladiator: "Just about everything looks viable for dk's, it may require tweaking on your talents, but I really cant think of a comp that wont work. Dk Spriest Druid looks fun"
    Last edited by TaurenNinja; 2012-08-31 at 07:55 AM.

I understand your point of playing what I enjoy but to be honest I've never found the classes that much different to play. Like I said, my preference is melee dps because I'm not a fan of standing 40 yards away and pressing buttons, I like to have my character's face right up in that boss's ass!

With the scroll I have a fairly ideal opportuinity to swap over to a different class by insta 80ing one of them so I was hoping to get a nice overview on how they all are. I'm loving the 1 sec GCD on DK's now but as frost I kinda had that anyway

Playing my rogue used to be loads of fun but when it became watching my SND and Rupture bar tick down and just managing rotations I lost all interest. I'll probably end up sticking with my DK but might be fun to try something new

Maybe I should level a druid or pally seeing as they can do everything and anything :P

Quote Originally Posted by Snave View Post
    I decided to take a break from wow about a year ago and a friend has kindly offered to send me a scroll of resurection so I thought I'd come back and see what's been going on!

Really I was hoping you guys could update me on the state of DK's in the game? When I left DW Frost was the go to spec in pve and pvp so what' changed peeps!

Some of the posts on here are painting a rather grim picture of DK's in pvp - is it really that bad or is this just your normally players complaning type thing?

With the scroll I get to instantly level a character to 80 so would it be worth swapping over to something else? I prefer melee DPS and I have a rogue at 85 too so would it be worth playing a different class?

Any other points you think would help out a returning player would be appreciated ! ! !
    Frost is still the easiest face roll spec for dpsing as a DK which is why so many people love it...

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 08:09 AM ----------

I understand your point of playing what I enjoy but to be honest I've never found the classes that much different to play. Like I said, my preference is melee dps because I'm not a fan of standing 40 yards away and pressing buttons, I like to have my character's face right up in that boss's ass!

With the scroll I have a fairly ideal opportuinity to swap over to a different class by insta 80ing one of them so I was hoping to get a nice overview on how they all are. I'm loving the 1 sec GCD on DK's now but as frost I kinda had that anyway

Playing my rogue used to be loads of fun but when it became watching my SND and Rupture bar tick down and just managing rotations I lost all interest. I'll probably end up sticking with my DK but might be fun to try something new

Maybe I should level a druid or pally seeing as they can do everything and anything :P
    I would recommend going druid then. You have all the options you could ever want.. melee dps, ranged dps, tank, or healing... plus you can carry a friend on your back in travel form...
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

2H unholy was always my preferred playstyle, I did grow to like DW frost but I agree it was very faceroll. I was lucky enough to acquire 2 x obsidium cleavers so really the switch to frost had to be made.

Of the DK specs are they pretty balanced now or is there a gap between certain specs? I'd also be interested in hearing peoples opinions on talent choices / glyphs.

Yeah, just don't underestimate that it takes quite a bit of time for hybrid classes to farm gear for the off-specs, if you want your off-specs to be on the same level as your main spec. Also, if you switch too much you probably won't be as skilled as you could be when you focus on one spec only.

Yeah so I got my scroll and reinstalled the game. Did some BG's with a mate and managed to get 2nd / 3rd on damage done only using frost strike and howling blast. I then uninstalled the game. Not a bitter post, i wish you all the best in MoP but this is too faceroll for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah so I got my scroll and reinstalled the game. Did some BG's with a mate and managed to get 2nd / 3rd on damage done only using frost strike and howling blast. I then uninstalled the game. Not a bitter post, i wish you all the best in MoP but this is too faceroll for me
    Was it really different as a frost dk before the patch?
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    Was it really different as a frost dk before the patch?
    Hahaha, you're probably right. Like I said in my original post it's been over a year since I played so perhaps I've just forgotten how faceroll the class was. All I know is it's not for me anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing, then.

Though I will point out that level 80 isn't not level 85 and is not the same.