Deleted

Which race for PVE healer (horde)?

Hello guys,
    as PVE healer, which race would be best? Pandaren (+300 spirit from http://www.wowdb.com/spells/107072-epicurean) or Blood Elf (6% max mana every two minutes from http://www.wowdb.com/spells/28730-arcane-torrent)

Purely from mana regen standpoint, which one is better?

Combat Regen (per 5 sec) = (Total Mana*0.02) + (1.1287*SPI*Meditation%)
    Combat Regen at Level 90 = (300k*0.02) + (1.1287*SPI*0.5) = 6000 + (0.56435*SPI)

Epicurean:
    Passive gain = 0.56435*300 = 169.305 mana per 5 sec
    Rapture gain = 300*1.5 = 450 mana per 12 sec (187.5 mana per 5 sec). Highly improbable to get Rapture exactly ever 12 seconds, so this number is skewed higher.
    Passive + Rapture gains = 169.305+187.5 = 356.805 mana per 5 sec

Arcane Torrent:
    Returns 6% of total mana (18k at level 90) every 2 minutes. If used on CD, that's 9k mana a minute, 750 mana per 5 sec.
    With Hymn of Hope, total mana would reach 345k, yielding a 20.7k mana return with Arcane Torrent (862.5 mana per 5 sec).

If I'm not stupid in terms of my math, then Arcane Torrent is the clear winner from a mana regen standpoint. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Ellumina; 2012-08-31 at 04:40 PM.

Deleted
    Thank you so much, I was unable to check out if somebody answered to my question, seems like Blood Elf is the clear winner in this case then

Panda vs Belf ....... I thought the food buff for Panda was supposed to be very good but I know Arcane Torrent is awesome if you have mana issues.

I recently switched to Goblin for the increased haste. Also makes it easier to hit the haste for holy (about 16.66% for extra Lightspring tick).

Quote Originally Posted by Junnia View Post
    Panda vs Belf ....... I thought the food buff for Panda was supposed to be very good but I know Arcane Torrent is awesome if you have mana issues.

I recently switched to Goblin for the increased haste. Also makes it easier to hit the haste for holy (about 16.66% for extra Lightspring tick).
    Food buff is good. But normally passive buffs are weaker than actives.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Junnia View Post

Didn't they change it so that the values of haste for the lightwell HoT are those of the one who clicked lightwell? (assuming it's the same process with lightspring) I'm not sure, but I think I read it somewhere in the beta forums.

Quote Originally Posted by hellgrimm View Post
    Didn't they change it so that the values of haste for the lightwell HoT are those of the one who clicked lightwell? (assuming it's the same process with lightspring) I'm not sure, but I think I read it somewhere in the beta forums.
    Lightwell and lightspring. Since the latter is not a clickable sort, it wouldn't make much sense. Actually, to be quite honest, the whole thing wouldn't make sense anyway, you wouldn't scale lightwell healing off the recipient's spellpower, why would haste be different?

Ellumina is quite correct. From a mana regen standpoint, Arcane Torrent is frankly overpowered. At least compared to the competition.
    Then again, it is offset by the huge manacosts to cast a spell. The racial really boils down to 2-3 extra casts of flash heal per raid fight, assuming you use it vigilantly.
    And that, while good, is not really gamechanging.

So... play what you like. If you really want to min-max mana though, yes, blood elf is the way to go!
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]