Every achievement is accountwide..?!

Hey,
    so on patchday i logged in with my druid, everything was alright with my achiements.
    i didnt get more, but thats cause i dont collect achievements with twinks.
    so i logged on with my hunter and... man i got every single achievement, i got on my main, with my hunter (and my dk and my pala and so on).
    i mean.. look at this: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...or/achievement

Is that normal??

Pretty much :P You need to log on a char first, before it gets shared to the rest But ye, pretty normal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pFreak View Post
    Is that normal??
    Yup. And adding to what elfox said, you will want to relog some twice in order to get everything on everyone. Like, if you have 1 main and 3 alts, log like this
    Main, 1, 2, 3, 2, 1, Main.
    Then everyone have everything.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. I logged into my main and I had 100 pets.. after returning I had 134. Apparently I've collected a few on alts I didn't have on my main.

... but why there are accountwide-achievements then, if everything is accountwide?

Deleted
    ... but why there are accountwide-achievements then, if everything is accountwide?
    Because there are exceptions. Dig up the blue posts on the subject and find out which and why.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Because there are exceptions. Dig up the blue posts on the subject and find out which and why.
    I read everything about it. Thats why im confused.
    So basicly you got accountwide achivements (which are the blue ones) and not accountwide achievemtens (which are not blue).
    But everything (except of a few exceptions) is accountwide, so why are some marked blue (like here) and some are not?

Deleted
    You only the POINTS once for all achievements now, but all characters can still earn credit for their achievements. For instance on my DK who didnt earn Wrecking Ball I have the achievement but if I hover my mouse over it it tells me he didnt earn it but my priest did. Now if get 20 KBs in a single BG my DK will get the achievement, but I will not get the points again as I already have them. The blue ones are achievements which can only be earned once per account, such as my Raven Lord FoS which can only be learned once because account wide mounts means I can't learn another Raven Lord mount to earn that FoS again.

10+ Year Old Account
    ye most of them are acc wide now , isnt that amzing? i might actually do something worthwile on alts and dont feel like im wasting time gaining achives on them. hell i might even reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    You only the POINTS once for all achievements now, but all characters can still earn credit for their achievements. For instance on my DK who didnt earn Wrecking Ball I have the achievement but if I hover my mouse over it it tells me he didnt earn it but my priest did. Now if get 20 KBs in a single BG my DK will get the achievement, but I will not get the points again as I already have them. The blue ones are achievements which can only be earned once per account, such as my Raven Lord FoS which can only be learned once because account wide mounts means I can't learn another Raven Lord mount to earn that FoS again.
    Ahh, thats awesome. So I can play my twinks and get achievmentpoints for my druid?
    oh man thats great
    But except of the fact, that, when you hover a achievement, it says, another one owned it there is no disadvantage? right?
    So if i do get an achievement with my hunter, i got it on my druid, but it says my hunter originally owned it, right?

I read everything about it. Thats why im confused.
    So basicly you got accountwide achivements (which are the blue ones) and not accountwide achievemtens (which are not blue).
    But everything (except of a few exceptions) is accountwide, so why are some marked blue (like here) and some are not?
    The blue ones are ONLY account wide, and can be progressed on multiple characters. The rest need to be completed on a single character. As an example (not representative of actual live conditions, just an example to explain):

Imagine you have a blue account-wide achievement that requires you to kill 5,000 horde.

You also have a regular achievement that requires you to cook 500 items.

You could kill 3,000 horde on one character and 2,000 on a different one, and you'll get the blue achievement. However, you cannot cook 300 items on one character and 200 on another to get the other achievement; all the progress needs to be on a single character.

However, when achieved, it is then shared across all characters.

Ahh, thats awesome. So I can play my twinks and get achievmentpoints for my druid?
    oh man thats great
    But except of the fact, that, when you hover a achievement, it says, another one owned it there is no disadvantage? right?
    So if i do get an achievement with my hunter, i got it on my druid, but it says my hunter originally owned it, right?
    correct - if you complete it on your hunter, it will say complete on your druid but that it was completed by your hunter

you can then complete it again on your druid if you want - it's useful for when people want an achieve for a raid pug, you link the one completed by your hunter to say "i know tacts, i have the achieve, i've killed these bosses, just not on this toon"

edit: and yes, achievement points are cumulative across all characters - so all the pvp achieves i have on my rogue go towards my account total, all my questing achieves on my paladin go towards my account total and all my raid achieves on my mage go towards my account total.
    Last edited by smokii; 2012-08-31 at 12:00 PM.
    <insert witty signature here>

Deleted
    oh man thats great
    Exactly this. It's also good that some of blue achievements which can only be earned once per account allow all your characters to progress that achievement. For instance, last week the highest single character on my account for Honor Kills was my priest with 75k. Logging in to 5.0.4 all my other character's HKs got rolled into the 100k giving all my characters of the Horde/of the Alliance title ( dependent on which faction the character I am playing is ofc). There is no penalty to this new system and if you don't have Wrecking Ball yet roll a lvl 19 hunter and get all your characters that achievement!

I do wish that the pvp achievements were blue. PVPed alot on my Shaman before I switched to my Pally in BC and it would help getting some of those lasts few AB AV and WSG achievements on my pally.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    oh man thats great
    There er multible reasons why we get account-wide archievements. Lots of blue posts on the subject already.

One reason was that getting "What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been" was very tedious to get on multiple characters and since this was a meta archivement it can now be accomplished by multiple chars. One char might get "Brewmaster" while another one gets "Pilgrim" and "Merrymaker". In the end you finish the meta on "one" account but with multiple chars so you get the archivement.

Same goes for the exploring arhcivements. You can explorer "Hyjal" on one char and "Uldum" on another but they both count as one to get "Explorer Cataclysm". However you CANNOT Explore half of Uldum on one char and another half on another to get the "Uldum" archivement.

If also didn't make sence that you had to by all mounts and pets up to ten times to get them on each and every char so that's made account-wide to. You buy your "Traveler's Tundra Mammoth" and you have if on all accounts so don't need to waste 126000g (with discount) to get it on all then chars.

However some archivements doesn't make sence to be account-wide. Like "Level 80" so getting a char to "Level 60" and another to "Level 20" doesn't give you "Level 80".

The one that I really like are the dungeon and raid archievements. It's really annoying having to relog to a main to be able to link your DS HC archievement to be able to get an invited to a raid... only to relog and having your spot taken by someone else. Now I can just link my archievement from my main to tell that I in fact do know the fights and are able to play this game.

The reputation cheevos aren't.

Out of curiosity, why does the Armory page only display the achievement points of that specific character?
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?