Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    And more to the point, take a look at WoW. The only way to get the best stuff is to raid, period.

So if you don't like raid content (there's plenty of people who don't!), you don't get the best stuff? Arena Net thinks that's unfair.

It's still the case that, for many rewards, they only come from a certain form of content. Want the dungeon set associated with Explorable Ascalonian Catacombs? Ya gotta do it. But since all exotic gear at level 80 is of the same power plateau, you can easily go get some other set and still be just as powerful. (Yes, if you do AC when you're level 80, level 80 gear drops for you)
    The only differences here are cosmetic. And if you don't feel up to doing content for looking a certain way, you don't gotta do it.
    That's where it's at. The problem is some people think that not everyone should be able to get the best gear. Some people want something that they have to earn, something that most people can't do just to prove how good they are at the game. Whether or not this is the right way to play is entirely judgmental, and ArenaNet called everybody out on it by including no 'elite only' gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you still have to earn it.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Well, you still have to earn it.
    Absolutely. The feeling of achievement is still there, and that's what no one understands yet. They think that in order to have that sense of fulfilling you have to do something that very few people can do, but that's the trade-off.

1. Very high-end, elite content designed for less than 10% of the community to show off their skills.
    2. Challenging content that everyone can do, but still requires a large amount of effort and skill.

Right now we have #2, and the people complaining want #1. Honestly I enjoy the high-end stuff as much as anybody else, but ArenaNet's philosophy here is that they don't want to leave anyone out. I agree with them on this game, because doing so would make everyone completely forget the rest of the game and focus entirely on that one aspect, which would do Guild Wars 2 no justice at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, even Blizzard is leaning more and more towards #2.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

It's the changing of MMOs from catering to the elite, to catering to the masses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorias View Post
    It's the changing of MMOs from catering to the elite, to catering to the masses.
    I see it that way too. personaly i see it as a good change. God knows how simple was my life back then in early bc. play, got out at night, party, and study a lile bit at univ. Now i'm a big man can't and don't want to have a schedule for this niche of the gaming experience that is quite elitist. you have the right to prefer the #1 formula but if so *rumble* this game ain't for you *badum tsss*