Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Virtual,

I just wanted to commend you for taking this over and working selflessly to get it operable for others. I know how much effort is involved. I hope you find it just as rewarding as I once did (before leaving the game). Big props!

Cheers!
    Hermes - Share cooldown status with raid/party.
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ls/hermes.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Paperplate View Post
    I just wanted to commend you for taking this over and working selflessly to get it operable for others. I know how much effort is involved. I hope you find it just as rewarding as I once did (before leaving the game). Big props!
    It's much appreciated, man. It's always nice to hear that kind of feedback. I'm just glad you did so much of the leg work. There is a ton of work you had to do in order to get all this up and running. So thanks to you for giving me the opportunity.

To be honest, I'm not really doing much aside from debugging things and fixing code along the way as I walk through all the functions. Your code is all pretty rock solid. Obviously, there are some quirks from the API changes, but a vast majority of your code is still in working order. It can just really be simplified now with the changes to the talent trees and specializations that they made in the 5.0 release. Eventually I'll get around to understanding all that code better in order to get it up to speed.

That being said, I've been meaning to learn another language (Lua). It might not actually be useful in the real world, but its data structures (tables), multi-return values, optional function parameters, and functional style programming has been interesting. Hopefully I can take some of that knowledge in to my day job programming language (C#) or fun programming (Ruby). We'll see.
    Last edited by virtual; 2012-09-18 at 07:50 PM.
    Virtualize <Solution> @ Greymane | virtual#1157 | Web | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook
    Skada: Survivability - Show when a character died during a specific attempt.
    AffDots - Track the potency of your DoTs on a target.

Deleted
    i would also add as new cds:
    Code:
    {"PRIEST",		15286,	nil},				        --Vampiric Embrace(shadow only)
    {"PRIEST",		108968,	nil},				        --Void Shift

{"SHAMAN",		5394,	nil},					--Healing Stream Totem

EDIT:

also resto druids tranq is still at 8min CD.. should be 3 min @ resto druid
    Last edited by mmoc92307a35f7; 2012-09-18 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Remota View Post
    i would also add as new cds:
    Code:
    {"PRIEST",		15286,	nil},				        --Vampiric Embrace(shadow only)
    {"PRIEST",		108968,	nil},				        --Void Shift

{"SHAMAN",		5394,	nil},					--Healing Stream Totem
    Added these in! Thank you! http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/her...-6-2-g2d806c1/

also resto druids tranq is still at 8min CD.. should be 3 min @ resto druid
    I'm not familiar with Resto druids Tranquility in 5.0.4. Could you point me to the talent/glyph that reduces It from 8min to 3min? I've been unable to locate that adjustment?

---------- Post added 2012-09-18 at 06:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by virtual View Post
    I'm not familiar with Resto druids Tranquility in 5.0.4. Could you point me to the talent/glyph that reduces It from 8min to 3min? I've been unable to locate that adjustment?
    Answered my own question. Resto druids have an innate 5 minute reduction on their Tranquility. I've added in code to work with that adjustment and verified that it works correctly. I will be committing these changes shortly. Thank you for bringing that to my attention!

Also, if anyone knows of any more of these Cooldown Adjustments. It would be extremely helpful if you could let me know of them. I'll do my best to ask around in the guild and do the research on my own, but the more eyes they better.
    Last edited by virtual; 2012-09-19 at 01:38 AM.
    Virtualize <Solution> @ Greymane | virtual#1157 | Web | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook

something seems to be a bit whacky with the bars cooldown and duration timers. It seems to be resetting the cooldown of the spells on the bars for some reason. Same with the duration "the green bar while a spell is active" sometimes is going like halfway and then disappearing. Not sure if this is just me but it started happening when I just updated to v2.3.6-5-g0216aa2

Quote Originally Posted by spoodz View Post
    something seems to be a bit whacky with the bars cooldown and duration timers. It seems to be resetting the cooldown of the spells on the bars for some reason. Same with the duration "the green bar while a spell is active" sometimes is going like halfway and then disappearing. Not sure if this is just me but it started happening when I just updated to v2.3.6-5-g0216aa2
    Thanks so much for mentioning that! I started noticing it as well tonight while I was working on a few things and your post made me realize it was off. I believe it should be resolved now. I gave you credit in the commit log as well.

However, I'm not currently using the Bars UI. I'm just on the standard interface. I will do my best to make my way over to the bars, but I would greatly appreciate it if you could download the latest version (link below) and let me know if it has resolved your issue. It appears to be resolved on my end with the standard icon cooldown timers.

Download Link: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/her...-6-7-g089db41/

Thanks again for all the help, everyone.

Deleted
    Hey.. Can you make hermes package curse client friendly.. Now curse client cant update automaticly that. THANKS for maintaining hermes! Must have raid leader addone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylli View Post
    Hey.. Can you make hermes package curse client friendly.. Now curse client cant update automaticly that.
    I've been working with the curseforge team in order to make that happen. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be anything I can do about it. I'm hoping to have it updated in the curse client as soon as possible.

I've been working with the curseforge team in order to make that happen. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be anything I can do about it. I'm hoping to have it updated in the curse client as soon as possible.
    They respond much quicker via IRC. They tend to hang out in those channels.
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ls/hermes.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Paperplate View Post
    They respond much quicker via IRC. They tend to hang out in those channels.
    Yup, that's where I've been hanging out talking with them. It took me a little while to realize that the people that worked at curseforge actually hung out in that channel.

They've been looking in to it for the past few days, but I haven't heard anything back from them yet.

Deleted
    Code:
    Message: Interface\AddOns\Hermes\Hermes.lua:1949: Failed to locate class enum
    Time: 09/19/12 18:42:41
    Count: 1
    Stack: [C]: in function `error'
    Interface\AddOns\Hermes\Hermes.lua:1949: in function `GetClassEnum'
    Interface\AddOns\Hermes\Hermes.lua:5633: in function `TalentUpdate'
    Interface\AddOns\Hermes\Hermes.lua:846: in function <Interface\AddOns\Hermes\Hermes.lua:846>
    Interface\AddOns\Hermes\Talents.lua:53: in function `?'
    ...der\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:147: in function <...der\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:147>
    [string "safecall Dispatcher[4]"]:4: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[4]"]:4>
    [C]: ?
    [string "safecall Dispatcher[4]"]:13: in function `?'
    ...der\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:92: in function `Fire'
    ...\Hermes\libs\LibGroupInspect\LibGroupInSpecT-1.0.lua:479: in function `?'
    ...\Hermes\libs\LibGroupInspect\LibGroupInSpecT-1.0.lua:112: in function <...\Hermes\libs\LibGroupInspect\LibGroupInSpecT-1.0.lua:111>

Locals: (*temporary) = "Failed to locate class enum"
    Code:
    Message: Interface\AddOns\Hermes\Talents.lua:102: attempt to index local 'info' (a nil value)
    Time: 09/19/12 18:52:44
    Count: 2
    Stack: Interface\AddOns\Hermes\Talents.lua:102: in function `GetPrimarySpecializationForGuid'
    Interface\AddOns\Hermes\Hermes.lua:3105: in function `CheckTalentSpec'
    Interface\AddOns\Hermes\Hermes.lua:3162: in function `GetAdjustmentOffset'
    Interface\AddOns\Hermes\Hermes.lua:3177: in function `GetAdjustedDuration'
    Interface\AddOns\Hermes\Hermes.lua:3203: in function `BuildPlayerSpellCache'
    Interface\AddOns\Hermes\Hermes.lua:5620: in function `TalentUpdate'
    Interface\AddOns\Hermes\Hermes.lua:846: in function <Interface\AddOns\Hermes\Hermes.lua:846>
    Interface\AddOns\Hermes\Talents.lua:53: in function `?'
    ...der\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:147: in function <...der\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:147>
    [string "safecall Dispatcher[4]"]:4: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[4]"]:4>
    [C]: ?
    [string "safecall Dispatcher[4]"]:13: in function `?'
    ...der\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:92: in function `Fire'
    ...\Hermes\libs\LibGroupInspect\LibGroupInSpecT-1.0.lua:457: in function `?'
    ...\Hermes\libs\LibGroupInspect\LibGroupInSpecT-1.0.lua:112: in function <...\Hermes\libs\LibGroupInspect\LibGroupInSpecT-1.0.lua:111>

Locals: self = <table> {
     SetDefaultModuleLibraries = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\AtlasLoot_Loader\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:383
     SetOnRemove = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Hermes\Talents.lua:91
     Enable = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\AtlasLoot_Loader\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:315
     UnregisterAllEvents = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\AtlasLoot_Loader\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:202
     EnableModule = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\AtlasLoot_Loader\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:348
     modules = <table> {
     }
     GetModule = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\AtlasLoot_Loader\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:231
     IterateEmbeds = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\AtlasLoot_Loader\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:458
     StoreClassTalents = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Hermes\Talents.lua:67
     defaultModuleLibraries = <table> {
     }
     TimeLeft = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Grid\Libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:363
     ScheduleRepeatingTimer = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Grid\Libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:301
     CancelAllTimers = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Grid\Libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:341
     SetDefaultModulePrototype = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\AtlasLoot_Loader\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:425
     SetOnUpdate = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Hermes\Talents.lua:87
     name = "Hermes_HermesTalents"
     IsEnabled = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\AtlasLoot_Loader\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:467
     orderedModules = <table> {
     }
     ScheduleTimer = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Grid\Libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:276
     DisableModule = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\AtlasLoot_Loader\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:366
     SetProfile = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Hermes\Talents.lua:63
     RegisterMessage = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\AtlasLoot_Loader\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:118
     UnregisterMessage = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\AtlasLoot_Loader\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:181
     baseName = "Hermes"
     IsTalentAvailable = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Hermes\Talents.lua:105
     Disable = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\AtlasLoot_Loader\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:330
     IsModule = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\AtlasLoot_Loader\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:238
     defaultModuleState = true
     SetDefaultModuleState = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\AtlasLoot_Loader\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:403
     GroupInSpecT_Remove = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Hermes\Talents.lua:60
     NewModule = <function> define

Thanks again, Remota! I'll take a look at those tonight.

Do you happen to have any information on what you were doing at the time you got the error? Were you in a raid? Group? LFR? Idling by yourself?

Deleted
    If you set your curse client to fetch alpha versions of Hermes (right-click menu), it should get the ones on curseforge as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    If you set your curse client to fetch alpha versions of Hermes (right-click menu), it should get the ones on curseforge as well.
    I certainly wish that was true for me. Are you seeing that happen? No matter what I do, my Hermes addon is forever showing v2.3.3 in my Curse Client. Even though curse.com and curseforge.com both have more recent files.

If you see differently would you please post a screenshot for me?

Deleted
    Thanks again, Remota! I'll take a look at those tonight.

Do you happen to have any information on what you were doing at the time you got the error? Were you in a raid? Group? LFR? Idling by yourself?
    appeared during our ds 25hc raid tonight..

i also noticed during the raid, that dks amz(spell id: 51052) requirements have to be revamped.. cause it wasn't shown.. you have to spend a talent point to it on the 2nd tier of dk

Deleted
    I certainly wish that was true for me. Are you seeing that happen? No matter what I do, my Hermes addon is forever showing v2.3.3 in my Curse Client. Even though curse.com and curseforge.com both have more recent files.

If you see differently would you please post a screenshot for me?
    No idea in that case. I can only speak for what should in theory happen. It isn't showing new versions in my CC, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Remota View Post
    i also noticed during the raid, that dks amz(spell id: 51052) requirements have to be revamped.. cause it wasn't shown.. you have to spend a talent point to it on the 2nd tier of dk
    I believe the main reason it wasn't showing up was because of the error message you received. It had to do with Death Knights. It has been fixed and uploaded. Thanks again for reporting them!

Download link: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/her...-4-1-gbc7c01f/
    Last edited by virtual; 2012-09-20 at 04:46 AM.

Excuse my ignorance, but after you clear the spell cache, do you then just have to enter a non-lfr raid to get updated data?

Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, but after you clear the spell cache, do you then just have to enter a non-lfr raid to get updated data?
    Yes. The spell cache will be updated automatically as it sees specific classes join your groups/raids.

Deleted
    Thanks for the update!! Yesterday i used it and worked fine. Just found a small problem were enhancement shaman was detected as shaman healer (i guess) because hermes was reporting him to have spirit link totem and Mana Tide Totem.

regards