Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
LastLast
  1. #141
    I just found this addon a few days ago and wanted to say thanks! It's made my life so much easier calling raid CDs. I have 2 things to report if it might help.

    I noticed when doing LFR this addon gave me some bad FPS lag. Disabling it cured the problem. I don't get this issue with normal raids so maybe an issue with cross realm players?

    Also I am having trouble getting priest tranqs to show up. I have it selected and manually set it to 180s CD but it's the only CD that doesn't appear for me. I am very new to this addon so theres probably something I'm missing.

    OOOO and if somehow you could add symbiosis support that would be AMAZING! I know we sometimes get out shadow priests to tranq.

    Cheers broski, respect!

  2. #142
    Herald of the Titans xebtria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bloody ol' Germany
    Posts
    2,878
    I also recently found that addon. so far it seems to be working fine, just not with demoralizing banner. I added this spell manually and it shows mine (tank) but not the other warrior's (dps) banner. any Idea why this is not working?

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonez View Post
    Also I am having trouble getting priest tranqs to show up. I have it selected and manually set it to 180s CD but it's the only CD that doesn't appear for me. I am very new to this addon so theres probably something I'm missing.

    OOOO and if somehow you could add symbiosis support that would be AMAZING! I know we sometimes get out shadow priests to tranq.
    Unfortunately, Priest Tranquility doesn't show up at the moment due to no Symbiosis support. I'm going to be looking in to adding Symbiosis support as soon as I have some spare time. Hopefully this weekend.

    Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    I also recently found that addon. so far it seems to be working fine, just not with demoralizing banner. I added this spell manually and it shows mine (tank) but not the other warrior's (dps) banner. any Idea why this is not working?
    Demoralizing Banner should be working correctly. The only thing I would check is that you haven't put any Requirements on the spell that might cause it not to show up (Only Fury Warriors or a Level Requirement, perhaps?) Also, I fixed a bug yesterday that could quite possibly have shown this sort of behavior. Please make sure you download the latest version.

    Thanks for reporting the issues, guys.
    Virtualize <Solution> @ Greymane | virtual#1157 | Web | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook
    Hermes - Share cooldown status with raid/party.
    Skada: Survivability - Show when a character died during a specific attempt.
    AffDots - Track the potency of your DoTs on a target.

  4. #144
    Hello everyone,

    I decided last night to see if i could find myself an addon that would do the job of keeping track of raid cooldowns just as Hermes is supposed to.
    I found Hermes and wiggled it abit and i can say that if you're not concerned with how your UI looks Hermes is very easy to use and supports lots of things.
    Our maintank and myself then found Blood Legion Cooldowns which is still in beta(alpha?), so therefore has it's weaknesses. It works, it's good looking and it's simple. But it comes with difficulties. The addon cannot handle the new cooldown reset on wipe mechanic, which is understandable from a programming pov. I experienced big lag spikes on release spirit with the addon enabled. I believe it is because it has to update all the different cooldowns. I ended up disabling everything.

    Back to Hermes.
    My main issue with Hermes is that the UI portion of the addon doesn't fall in my taste.
    I want something where i can get some icons for each ability and then bars with names and timers lining up with each icon.
    For that to work i had to create 1 "Icons" container. This gave me the icons i wanted for each spell in a downward list.
    Now i want bars out from each icon that shows the player name and remaining and ofc. with a bar starting full and going empty.
    That i had to do by making a container for each spell and then correcting the X and Y for placement but also size, texture for each container. Ofc. i copied 1 when i had it right.

    This is much work and it still isn't optimal. But i made it thinking 3 of each spell would be what we had. What if we have 4-5 of the same cooldowns? Then the bars overlap the ones below them and since there is no dynamic groups so they can auto-fit into the container it's hard to set up.
    And another small thing - i'd love a bar texture that is rectangular but where the background is larger than the foreground so it looks like the whole bar is outlined when it's on cooldown. Makes it so much easier to see how far it is.
    As i'm at work i cannot post a screenshot of what i have done.

    I know it's UI and it's just an issue of taste, but if this is something that could be done Hermes would be the addon to go with.
    Then ofc. I'm also concerned for the functionality of like updating the spells if they are reset after a wipe.

    This was my 2 cent, i hope it's useful.

  5. #145
    Carefully bump!
    I'd really like some feedback.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by Haargielol View Post
    I found Hermes and wiggled it abit and i can say that if you're not concerned with how your UI looks Hermes is very easy to use and supports lots of things.
    I recently took over the project after the 5.0 release. That being said, my main focus has been on getting all the existing functionality back to working, updating it for all the latest changes (talents, removed spells, symbiosis, etc). UI and making it look pretty are at the bottom of the priorities at the moment.

    That being said, I hear you. I love being able to customize my UI and make it fit in to my entire theme. I will certainly keep this on my list of items to improve upon, but I can't say as it's a high priority at the moment. I'm not really concerned with aesthetics over behavior at this point in time.

    I will certainly take note of your post and do what I can to re-work the user interface to make it more flexible on a per user basis.

    Thanks so much for the feedback and for giving Hermes a shot.
    Virtualize <Solution> @ Greymane | virtual#1157 | Web | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook
    Hermes - Share cooldown status with raid/party.
    Skada: Survivability - Show when a character died during a specific attempt.
    AffDots - Track the potency of your DoTs on a target.

  7. #147
    The Lightbringer shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Spaniard in Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,855
    I read bad "Herpes replacement?"

    And I should feel bad :/

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by Haargielol View Post
    Hello everyone,

    I decided last night to see if i could find myself an addon that would do the job of keeping track of raid cooldowns just as Hermes is supposed to.
    I found Hermes and wiggled it abit and i can say that if you're not concerned with how your UI looks Hermes is very easy to use and supports lots of things.
    Our maintank and myself then found Blood Legion Cooldowns which is still in beta(alpha?), so therefore has it's weaknesses. It works, it's good looking and it's simple. But it comes with difficulties. The addon cannot handle the new cooldown reset on wipe mechanic, which is understandable from a programming pov. I experienced big lag spikes on release spirit with the addon enabled. I believe it is because it has to update all the different cooldowns. I ended up disabling everything.

    Back to Hermes.
    My main issue with Hermes is that the UI portion of the addon doesn't fall in my taste.
    I want something where i can get some icons for each ability and then bars with names and timers lining up with each icon.
    For that to work i had to create 1 "Icons" container. This gave me the icons i wanted for each spell in a downward list.
    Now i want bars out from each icon that shows the player name and remaining and ofc. with a bar starting full and going empty.
    That i had to do by making a container for each spell and then correcting the X and Y for placement but also size, texture for each container. Ofc. i copied 1 when i had it right.

    This is much work and it still isn't optimal. But i made it thinking 3 of each spell would be what we had. What if we have 4-5 of the same cooldowns? Then the bars overlap the ones below them and since there is no dynamic groups so they can auto-fit into the container it's hard to set up.
    And another small thing - i'd love a bar texture that is rectangular but where the background is larger than the foreground so it looks like the whole bar is outlined when it's on cooldown. Makes it so much easier to see how far it is.
    As i'm at work i cannot post a screenshot of what i have done.

    I know it's UI and it's just an issue of taste, but if this is something that could be done Hermes would be the addon to go with.
    Then ofc. I'm also concerned for the functionality of like updating the spells if they are reset after a wipe.

    This was my 2 cent, i hope it's useful.
    ElvUI_RaidCooldown was updated 5 days ago, seems in active development, and is based on BLRaidCooldown. If it contains bugs, you can submit a ticket to the author. I believe it does require ElvUI, so the person running this addon in TGD would have to run with that UI.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  9. #149
    Herald of the Titans xebtria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bloody ol' Germany
    Posts
    2,878
    Quote Originally Posted by virtual View Post
    Demoralizing Banner should be working correctly. The only thing I would check is that you haven't put any Requirements on the spell that might cause it not to show up (Only Fury Warriors or a Level Requirement, perhaps?) Also, I fixed a bug yesterday that could quite possibly have shown this sort of behavior. Please make sure you download the latest version.

    Thanks for reporting the issues, guys.
    I will dl and test the newest version in our next raid. however, I am not sure if I already have used the newest version on our latest sunday raid, but it didn't work then. might have been not the newest verstion though, as said, I will check it.
    I didn't put any requirements on it. I just put the spell ID + the class and clicked "add", that's it.


    another thing - if e.g. a shadowpriest gets tranquillity via symbiosis, this isn't tracked for now, either. does this work, and if yes, how? do I need to add symbiosis for it?
    I also checked when I as a tank get savage defense - I can add the spell ID for this, but it doesn't pop up...

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    ElvUI_RaidCooldown was updated 5 days ago, seems in active development, and is based on BLRaidCooldown. If it contains bugs, you can submit a ticket to the author. I believe it does require ElvUI, so the person running this addon in TGD would have to run with that UI.
    I must say this addon seems promising. The UI is just the way i want it, and it seems to have lessened the LUA errors and faults it had.
    It will be tested during tonights raid.


    Quote Originally Posted by virtual View Post
    I recently took over the project after the 5.0 release. That being said, my main focus has been on getting all the existing functionality back to working, updating it for all the latest changes (talents, removed spells, symbiosis, etc). UI and making it look pretty are at the bottom of the priorities at the moment.

    That being said, I hear you. I love being able to customize my UI and make it fit in to my entire theme. I will certainly keep this on my list of items to improve upon, but I can't say as it's a high priority at the moment. I'm not really concerned with aesthetics over behavior at this point in time

    I will certainly take note of your post and do what I can to re-work the user interface to make it more flexible on a per user basis.

    Thanks so much for the feedback and for giving Hermes a shot.
    This sounds really good. I'm glad someone stepped up.
    And just to let you know - feel free to write me if you need a second opinion on something, UI, code, functionality, new ideas - anything.

  11. #151
    https://github.com/MethyleneBL/BL_Cooldown Got updated and works (minus some errors on saving) but has a few spells missing.

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Haargielol View Post
    As i'm at work i cannot post a screenshot of what i have done.
    Would you be so kind as to post a screenshot or mockup of what you would like to see in an interface?
    Virtualize <Solution> @ Greymane | virtual#1157 | Web | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook
    Hermes - Share cooldown status with raid/party.
    Skada: Survivability - Show when a character died during a specific attempt.
    AffDots - Track the potency of your DoTs on a target.

  13. #153
    Hermes has been updated to support the 5.1 release as well as added a few new things.

    Recent Changes
    1. Priest Tranquility (Symbiosis) has been added
    2. Ancestral Guidance has been added.
    3. Nature's Vigil has been added.
    4. The user interface now clamps to the screen (drove me nuts when I tried to position it on the edge and it would go off screen)
    5. Tooltips now include spell information. I plan on adding a configuration setting to disable this soon as well. And/Or some sort of modifier key that will show the spell information (feedback welcomed)

    Notes: Please be sure to go to your "Maintenance" tab and add any "Default Spells" that are not currently in your Spell Inventory.
    Virtualize <Solution> @ Greymane | virtual#1157 | Web | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook
    Hermes - Share cooldown status with raid/party.
    Skada: Survivability - Show when a character died during a specific attempt.
    AffDots - Track the potency of your DoTs on a target.

  14. #154
    Thanks for the update !!! Gonna try this tonight !

    Still no news on the support of the Clemency Talent (double SaC/BoP) ?

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by virtual View Post
    Hermes has been updated to support the 5.1 release as well as added a few new things.

    Recent Changes
    [LIST=1][*]Priest Tranquility (Symbiosis) has been added
    Its so incredibly weak that it isn't only a waste of mana, a binding heal is more mana efficient and heals for more instantly. I hope you allow your users to disable tracking this.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Its so incredibly weak that it isn't only a waste of mana, a binding heal is more mana efficient and heals for more instantly. I hope you allow your users to disable tracking this.
    Agreed, it is a weak heal, but that doesn't mean there aren't certain scenarios where it can be helpful. And, yes, Hermes allows you to enable / disable monitoring spells as needed.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 08:41 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjouz View Post
    Still no news on the support of the Clemency Talent (double SaC/BoP) ?
    Clemency and Announcing Spells to the raid are next on the list.
    Virtualize <Solution> @ Greymane | virtual#1157 | Web | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook
    Hermes - Share cooldown status with raid/party.
    Skada: Survivability - Show when a character died during a specific attempt.
    AffDots - Track the potency of your DoTs on a target.

  17. #157
    BL_cooldown works only with ElvUI ? :<

  18. #158
    This is a nice add on gonna check out the improvements tonight

  19. #159

  20. #160
    I felt like adding this here:
    http://www.curseforge.com/projects/c...ack-cooldowns/
    If you let a comment there or pm him,he is gonna send it to you

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •