Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Hermes replacement?

Does anyone know of a decent replacement to this amazing addon, one that lets me see what cooldowns I have available to call for as a tank or a possible fix to the current version to work with 5.0.4?
    For those unfamilliar with what it does, it basically lets track raid members cooldowns and displays them in a lovely little window

http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/hermes/

The LUA error if anyone is able to remedy the situation is as follows

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 11:29 AM ----------

Nevermind, fixed. Going to upload the LUA for anyone who wants to keep using this addon

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 11:36 AM ----------

Will need some assistance adding monks to it though : >

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 11:37 AM ----------

Replacement addon suggestions are still welcome <3
    Last edited by mmocae83d35844; 2012-08-31 at 10:21 AM.

Deleted
    Im looking for the same

Deleted
    My fix turned out to be a fux and doesn't do much fixing : @

None of the replacements like RaidBoss and Hagakure Cooldowns have been updated yet.
    The only mod I've seen so far that does show available as well as popped CDs is http://www.wowace.com/addons/vexrosterinfo/
    but it's a raid leader mod also showing raid buffs, attendance and so on. Might be a bit much for someone just wanting to monitor raid cds.
    When I see something updated, (or even new for this), I'll post.

Deleted
    Cheers appreciate it <3

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    open hermes-v2.3.3.lua and find
    "GetNumRaidMembers()"

replace it with
    "GetNumGroupMembers()"

cheer, you now have your addon working

I think I have a sort of working fix for this. It's still based off the Cata spell list, but all of that can be edited pretty easily.
    The addon calls some of the now unsupported functions that were in 4.0. These can be pretty easily emulated with this block of code which would be placed on line 4 of Hermes.lua after "local AddonName, Hermes = ..."

Code:
     GetNumRaidMembers = function()
         if (not UnitInRaid("player")) then
             return 0;
         else
             return GetNumGroupMembers();
         end
     end
     GetNumPartyMembers = function()
         if (UnitInParty("player") or UnitInRaid("player")) then
             return GetNumSubgroupMembers();
         else
             return 0;
         end
     end    

UnitIsPartyLeader = function(unit)
         return UnitIsGroupLeader(unit);
     end
    It's a pretty dirty solution, but it gets the thing basically up and running again. It still throws some Ace3 errors, but it seems despite it all. I suspect it will need updated Ace3 libs. Someone else mind testing this change and see if it works for them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    open hermes-v2.3.3.lua and find
    "GetNumRaidMembers()"

replace it with
    "GetNumGroupMembers()"

cheer, you now have your addon working
    That was the first thing I changed, unfortunately it isn't that simple : >

---------- Post added 2012-09-02 at 05:09 AM ----------

Still no updates :'<
    Last edited by mmocae83d35844; 2012-09-01 at 08:09 AM.

I would love a working version

I second this, a new hermes would be amazing.

Deleted
    I thought this thread was about Futurama. Thank god it's not, I like Hermes.

For the love of all that is holy... someone with the know how please simply fix Hermes!

RaidBoss and Hagakure CD aren't cutting it. Hermes is the best.

Kebren's fix caused some serious fps drop I believe.
    Last edited by DanKMess; 2012-09-06 at 02:05 AM.

Sort of a substitute. I've been tried it and it works very well. Blood Legion's raid cooldown addon can be found here...
    github.com/vqmethyl/BLRaidCooldowns
    Personally use alraidcd.
    github.com/Allez/alRaidCD

That fix should be using IsInRaid() as UnitInRaid() is defunct.
    Last edited by Divineblitz; 2012-09-06 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Divineblitz View Post
    Sort of a substitute. I've been tried it and it works very well. Blood Legion's raid cooldown addon can be found here...
    github.com/vqmethyl/BLRaidCooldowns
    Personally use alraidcd.
    github.com/Allez/alRaidCD
    Do you or anyone else have a screenshot of either of these addons? I tried to use hermes before but something wasn't working right, don't really recall anymore what the issue was.

Sort of relating to this I've been trying to find an addon that would show missing raid buffs the same way default UI shows it when consolidate buffs is on. Just a simple thing that would show which of available raid buffs are missing, and a tooltip or something to show who can buff it.

Deleted
    just did a fix a couple of days ago.. works quite fine besides start sending and receiving when you join a group or raid :x so you have to reload ui when in group and it'll start sending and receiving.. i still don't know why.. looks like hermes doesn't notice when i'm joining or leaving a group.. any suggestions? maybe one of you got this working ?

replaced like this:
    Code:
    if IsInRaid() then
    		Player.raid = true
    	else
    		Player.raid = false
    	end

if not IsInRaid() and GetNumGroupMembers() > 0 then
    		Player.party = true
    	else
    		Player.party = false
    	end
    Last edited by mmoc92307a35f7; 2012-09-06 at 06:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muliercula View Post
    Tried oRA3?

That only shows people who have a CD on an ability as I said in my post if you had actually read it, what Hermes does that people like is showing abilities that are off cooldown and ready to be used

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    That only shows people who have a CD on an ability as I said in my post if you had actually read it, what Hermes does that people like is showing abilities that are off cooldown and ready to be used
    Pardon me, but knowing what CDs that are on CD, is like telling you which arent. Thats what I use it for atleast.

Deleted
    @eddytheone check your pn please ;D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muliercula View Post
    Pardon me, but knowing what CDs that are on CD, is like telling you which arent. Thats what I use it for atleast.
    Yes it does but that isn't what I was looking for as that requires you to check your raid composition, look at what abilities are on cooldown and then reverse it, as a tank on any semi difficult content you don't usually have the time to work all that out while doing everything else including leading the raid