Thread: Crafting - How?

Crafting - How?

How does one gather low level mats (leather) when you go to low level areas and the gear is based on your level? For example, I am level 73 and when I go to a starting zone, it gives me level 70ish armor.

it doesnt always do and afaik you get the small bags appropriate to the level you fighting and they contain lots of diffrent mats
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

You don't always get level-appropriate armour when you're in low-level zones. So just salvage everything that you don't need and loot the bags you get.

You can buy low level armour from vendors to I think?

grind like mad
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Leather and cloth in particular seem difficult to acquire. Im sure there is an easier way to go about it but I havent really found one yet. Mostly I salvage everything that drops and get a fair amount that way and dont forget to salvage again anything you make to get your mats back to make more. You dont get everything I dont think but enough to make it less painful to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyaral View Post
    You can buy low level armour from vendors to I think?
    Armor venders sell your current level items. I went to a level vendor in a level 1-15 zone and they were trying to sell me level 70 armor lol

Deleted
    I solve my problem through being an altoholic. :P

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Armor venders sell your current level items. I went to a level vendor in a level 1-15 zone and they were trying to sell me level 70 armor lol
    Try the heart vendors, they should still be selling low-level items.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

AFAIK the Sacs, Claws, Vials etc. don't change. Like you may get 70 armor but a spider in a 1-15 zone may still drop a tiny venom sac. Still don't know how the armor/weapons work...seems you get between zone level items and yours. Odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    I solve my problem through being an altoholic. :P
    "Hi my name is Tara and I'm an altoholic.. this isn't my first time in altoholics anonymous.."

But yes.. that ^

Taranee - lvl 90 Blood Elf Warlock - EU Dragonblight

You should salvage everything you don't plan on using/selling, and if you still don't have enough, roll and alt and do the same thing.

It's annoying, but doable.

By opening bags and salvaging hides. Focus on killing beasts to get more hides.

Its not very efficient but its the way to do it.

Another way would be to make a lvl 1 char and use it to farm, once it pass that lvl range if you still need more you can delete it and make another one.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2012-08-31 at 02:02 PM.

theres is tons of them on the auction house. Just buy them. If you are 70+ you should have more than enough gold. I think 250 copper ore for example was only like 40-50 silver.

Events where you kill swarms of humanoids are best for getting the sacks full of mats. Just hit an aoe in the group and you can loot everything that dies and boom area appropriate mats .

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it so hard to just create an alt, and farm low level mats till level 50 (just creating a farming alt , you'll get enough for 2/4/all profession till 50 and more lol) mats are shared
    Last edited by Lucas Ashrock; 2012-08-31 at 07:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I've found, gear that drops from mobs may or may not "scale" to your actual level. Craftables like small venom sacs, tiny totems, etc, etc... Do not scale to your level. So any hides that drop should salvage into the right range for leathers. So long as you find the right area, and mobs, to farm you should get them, eventually. Of course the horrible drop rate for craftables is unchanged, unless you are lucky enough to find just the right spot.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    How does one gather low level mats (leather) when you go to low level areas and the gear is based on your level? For example, I am level 73 and when I go to a starting zone, it gives me level 70ish armor.
    Easy, most intelligent races drop a bag in that bag can be any crafting Matt depending on the race some are more likely then others (IE krait have higher chance for scales, hylek venom, Grawl totems etc) in addition to those bags there's also trophies, like leather scraps, centaur hide, fur patches etc, those can be salvaged into the lower lv cloth and leather.

If you're going for leather I'd suggest hitting up grawl and centaur as well as wild animals since they tend to drop more of it where the playable races tend to drop more cloth.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.