Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by V24 View Post
    If this helps Coryln, in 95% of my soloing situations I use DPS gear and the 2 part T12 Prot set, which adds bonus damage to shield of the righteous. You'll kill stuff so much faster, and (pre 5.0 at least, I never really looked at the numbers post 5.0 I'll admit, haven't really done any soloing outside the panther boss) Seal of Insight/Word of Glory end up healing for more.

Edit: If DPS gear isn't an option, as others have said, aim for hit/expertise, as they will help a lot.
    It does help, thank you very much. My gear is reforged for parry/dodge, because I was trying out both gearing strategies and didn't really have much chances to tank. My hit was around 0.81% from Cata, so my Shield uptime was very low and I couldn't get HP to do anything mostly.

Going to swap out a few ret gear and reforge to mastery/hit and see if I can do this again. So exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by Kebren View Post
    I started soloing Onyxia. It was doable before but it took me forever and it just wasn't worth the time. Now though with an extra Holy Power generator and a ranged Holy Power finisher I can get her down in a reasonable amount of time. I imagine this will be stupidly easy at 90 as well.
    I don't know why so many people say Ony takes forever, either pre 5.0.4 or post. It's a joke of a fight to solo. It should at most take 8-10 mins.

It can be done in Ret or Prot spec. Use SoT and always keep a 5stack censure DoT on the the boss. Blow CDs to kill the first wave of whelps fast on p2. At most you should get 2 sets of whelps.

Quote Originally Posted by Equalizer View Post
    I don't know why so many people say Ony takes forever, either pre 5.0.4 or post. It's a joke of a fight to solo. It should at most take 8-10 mins.

It can be done in Ret or Prot spec. Use SoT and always keep a 5stack censure DoT on the the boss. Blow CDs to kill the first wave of whelps fast on p2. At most you should get 2 sets of whelps.
    Don't forget to use the Glyph of Harsh Words for even more pewpew.

Deleted

Bullshit... post a video with a PROT paladin doin Onyxia in less than 10 minz... no way... u deal no dmg at all... not even if u use full ret gears (15% extra crus dmg) + 20% fire dmg from Sotr (u'll do more dmg with harsh word glyph)...

Quote Originally Posted by frengo123 View Post
    Bullshit... post a video with a PROT paladin doin Onyxia in less than 10 minz... no way... u deal no dmg at all... not even if u use full ret gears (15% extra crus dmg) + 20% fire dmg from Sotr (u'll do more dmg with harsh word glyph)...
    Dear sir,

I will c wut I can do n' try n' post da log wit an Ony kill thatz roughly 10minz or so. I usually go ret spec cuz itz faster.

Also, plz realize dat gear lvlz will come into play and dat i've already dun Ony dis week and I cannot do it until next week.

Thank you.

edit-- pre 5.0.4 Ony kills, one is 7ish mins, the other is just over 11mins. I'm sure I can find similar parses if I look more.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ne/?s=26&e=462

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p...e/?s=291&e=975

The whole point is to keep max uptime on Ony in P2 and make her transition fast. You can do this by tanking her at the back wall, and starting to move with her @ 67-66% when she hits 65 she'll run back the the entryway. You can still get alot of DPS in on her and push her more. Keep censure DoT up at all times and always move the whelps under her and just AoE the shit out of them so it hits her as well.

If you're taking alot of damage from dealing with whelps and DPSing Ony, then you start chaining defensive CDs.

With the current patch you can dps her in p2 by glyphed harsh words WoG, AS, judgement, HotR, HW and I'm guessing consecrate hits her too as DnD does for DKs.
    Last edited by Equalizer; 2012-09-07 at 09:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Managed to kill patchy with 20s remaining after going full mastery/hit. Exciting!

Deleted
    Seems like Omnotron is pretty much undoable right now. Hits for too much, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Turvakapsu View Post
    Seems like Omnotron is pretty much undoable right now. Hits for too much, unfortunately.
    What ilvl tanking gear do you have?

Deleted
    pre 5.0.4 Ony kills, one is 7ish mins, the other is just over 11mins
    so
    Just bullshit as said...

Quote Originally Posted by frengo123 View Post
    so

Just bullshit as said...
    You asked him to show proof of anyone doing it under 10 minutes, he showed you one done in 7. He proved his point. 2-3 minutes is good chunk of time when fighting a boss, it makes a significant difference.

Deleted
    What ilvl tanking gear do you have?
    Check my armory on my signature. I will probably try and test out some stuff but I'm highly doubtful of it being soloable.

Check my armory on my signature. I will probably try and test out some stuff but I'm highly doubtful of it being soloable.
    I'll probably give it a try for kicks. You can invis potion past the trash.

I recall that Mione had stacked stamina to deal with all the magic damage. Of course the DKs that did it had dual wield souldrinkers for better self healing.

Deleted
    I'll probably give it a try for kicks. You can invis potion past the trash.

I recall that Mione had stacked stamina to deal with all the magic damage. Of course the DKs that did it had dual wield souldrinkers for better self healing.
    I very much doubt it'll be possible with stamina stacking, because it doesn't directly reduce any damage we take. Mastery is probably the way to go for nearly any soloing due to the fact at how much damage it reduces and how much more you'll be able to heal. I'll go give it another shot though, and spend some more time with it.

I also managed to get a decently fine codec setting thing going on, could probably make & upload a video of the LK kill if somebody wants to see how I dealt with it.

Prot Paladin healing really is not OP at lvl 90 so I see us becoming either the new DK's or equal them; a mechanic that is great for old content (our self healing/blood DK blood shield), but not OP at max level.

Deleted
    You asked him to show proof of anyone doing it under 10 minutes, he showed you one done in 7. He proved his point. 2-3 minutes is good chunk of time when fighting a boss, it makes a significant difference.
    I asked for a less than 10min in pre patch Mop.. I couldn't care less before... and I seriously doubt u can do with same equip Onyxia in a shorter time now rather than before...

I recently tried to solo Kael'thas as ret, 390 ilevel, the usual i saw on a few movies with kiting the adds - they were no problem. However when i got to p3 i just cant do it, i have to kill phoenix and the egg and i cant interupt all his fireballs, moreover he does that shield and pyroblasts which almost one shot me, even if i equip the mace and do a 1 hopo wog it doesnt seem to proc the buff (-50%fire/shadow thing). I dont see them doing that much dmg in 4.3 movies. If anyone has any sugestions pls help, i also use pvp trinket for disorient (Laww, realm jaedenar if u want to see my spec/gear)

Deleted
    I very much doubt it'll be possible with stamina stacking, because it doesn't directly reduce any damage we take. Mastery is probably the way to go for nearly any soloing due to the fact at how much damage it reduces and how much more you'll be able to heal. I'll go give it another shot though, and spend some more time with it.

I also managed to get a decently fine codec setting thing going on, could probably make & upload a video of the LK kill if somebody wants to see how I dealt with it.
    Do you do it right?The tacts for omnotron are:
    You need to backward kite it (backpedalling) to reduce the melee damage you take.This thing was done on Marrowgar/Instructor because of the damage they do.
    Save AS to interrupt Arcane Annihilator.Interrupt it every time when you can to mitigate damage from it.Use High powered bolt gun as extra interrupt.
    Dont hit Toxitron/Electron when their shield is up.You will take tremendous damage from it.Move from green cloud its increasing the damage you take by 50%.
    You can put boss there for extra dps.Move boss IMMEDIATLY from Power generator.Smartly rotate CDs.Kill Poison bombs ASAP or you will take tons of damage.
    This is all you need to know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rambominator View Post
    Do you do it right?The tacts for omnotron are:
    You need to backward kite it (backpedalling) to reduce the melee damage you take.This thing was done on Marrowgar/Instructor because of the damage they do.
    Save AS to interrupt Arcane Annihilator.Interrupt it every time when you can to mitigate damage from it.Use High powered bolt gun as extra interrupt.
    Dont hit Toxitron/Electron when their shield is up.You will take tremendous damage from it.Move from green cloud its increasing the damage you take by 50%.
    You can put boss there for extra dps.Move boss IMMEDIATLY from Power generator.Smartly rotate CDs.Kill Poison bombs ASAP or you will take tons of damage.
    This is all you need to know.
    Can you post a log / video of you doing it? I am very interested. Thanks for the tips, I'll try it.

Deleted
    I got too low ilvl (387) to survive it.If I wasnt on dead server and wasnt stopped raiding I could down it I believe.That is what Mionelol was doing except using High Powered
    Gun.You can check the video to see how she is doing it.Its not the same but still helpful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rambominator View Post
    I got too low ilvl (387) to survive it.If I wasnt on dead server and wasnt stopped raiding I could down it I believe.That is what Mionelol was doing except using High Powered
    Gun.You can check the video to see how she is doing it.Its not the same but still helpful.
    Thanks a lot for the help. If you think you'd be able to do it if you'd have a bit better gear I think I could be able to do it. I don't know yet, really. I'll see tonight/tomorrow. Prolly uploading the LK vid tomorrow or monday for the people interested.

---------- Post added 2012-09-09 at 03:25 PM ----------

Omnotron is probably doable, but required perfect execution 100% of the time. I managed to take it down to 90% and complete a full cycle of bosses without blowing all my cooldowns into thin air, but it is BRUTAL.