Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

My problem with new games like GW2

I really wanted to try GW nxt Month, when i get a new graphicscard, but now i am not that sure about that game anymore.

The problem is not the game itself, its the fanboys posting everywhere shit. There was a thread about hairclippings and everyone just went apeshit flaming the TO to hell.

I mean ... i just dont want to play with that many idiotic scumbags. there is nothing wrong with bugs, but when a horde of apes comes around and bragging about how cool that game is and what an idiot the one is who complains about bugs ... i dont get it! be happy that the hair is the only thing he had to complain about ... that means all the other things are done right! or not?

The other thing is, that all the time a new game comes out, everyone has that special need, to tell all the world how shitty all other games are ... especialy WoW! I love WoW and i think its a huge thing for any other MMO to be compared to it. Now all the time a new MMO comes out everyone is just "Rift is so cool WoW sucks hard" "SWToR is the bestestest Game EVOR! Fuck that shitty WoW" "GW2 is that revolution the MMO Genre needed! MoP is just for little Kung Fu Panda Fans"

Thats just .... tooo much! everytime i read stuff like this, i know that nothing special is about this new game. Just stop it! When the game is good, tell others about it! Tell them, its even better than WoW! BUT STOP TELLING EVERYWHERE "WoW is bullshit, because GW2 is better" ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Don´t go on forums then.
    Seriously, the community in GW 2, at least up till now, is extremely awesome and nice.

Forums these days are simply a herding place for trolls, I actually only still have mmo champ bookmarked becasue the posts of trolls, haters, idiots and fanbois here are always hilarious.
    In the end the winner is still the last man standing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Small majority.

The ones having funs are the ones playing the game, not trolling forums proclaiming it as a salvation to MMO Forums.

I'm lv 22 on my Engineer, and I have never seen any douchebags *well appart from macro/bot users*. There is the typical /2 chat in Maps. But that's nothing too tragic.
    People help each other, and work together for experience and to sell things, etc. A good sense of community, imo.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

I picked up the game tonight and at least inside the game itself, I didn't meet a single nasty person. People stopped routinely and helped me kill things, a question about where something was (not asked by me, but in the general chat of the area I was in) was met with several quick, helpful replies - and not a single "LOL look it up NOOB" or anything like that. It was... refreshing. Truly. And I'm not a fanboy of the game at all - I picked it up tonight out of sheer curiosity, nothing more. So far, I'm not regretting it, even a little bit. I'd say don't let a few overzealous asshats ruin a great game just because they're *too* excited about it. Give it a go yourself and make your decision that way.

There are fanboys with every single game. Don't let them get in your way of enjoying something if you like it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ya I know exactly what you are saying. It is hard to sort through countless B.S. posts by people just looking to start wars over the internet. I have played MMO's for 15+ years back to Ultima Online. I played several others and WoW for around 6-7 years hardcore. I would highly recommend GW2. I don't notice any of the B.S. while playing and I avoid a lot of forums for the most part unless I am looking for a certain answer/topic. Take everything with a grain of salt and make your own conclusion. Watch vids, read the wiki's, and give it a shot. On the bright side, which I know it's said all the time, you don't have to commit to a subscription fee.

Best of luck

I am going to quote a post from the thread you mentioned with the hair clip and leave it to that

People complain about everything. God damn.

Most of the people complaining about bugs are just being impatient, and apparently don't understand what it's like the first week of a MMO launch. Honestly, my experience in the game has been relatively bug-free. There are also people who play other MMO's, trying to start flamewars by bashing GW2. Don't believe everything you read on a forum-take it all with a grain of salt. Yes, some people do go pretty overboard with defending the game (I refuse to say "fanboy", I hate that term), but it's because they are passionate about it. It can be annoying, but it is what it is. You will find people like this with every game, not just GW2. Don't let it stop you from trying it, however. The in-game community is actually way different then what you see on the forums. The people on the forums only represent a small amount of the people in-game.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's alot different in game, everyone in GW2 is very helpful and nice, if someone tries to troll you or anything in game just report them and they will get banned.

Okay man, going to official forums to learn about the game and the community is, ironically, the worst possible way. Find a friend who plays it and ask him. Or, heck, just read several reviews from various sources and decide whether you might like this game.

I gave up on any serious arguments with wow community long time ago - at this point I pretty much come to these forums to participate in some spectacular flame wars.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

10+ Year Old Account
    Every online community I've been a part of (with one big exception) has had it's downsides. I always try to find the reason in the debates that spring up here, but some people here are just over-zealous, both in their praise and their dislikes of Guild Wars 2.
    I think the biggest problems are:
    • The people who think this game is the best thing ever and it's perfect in every way and if you don't like the game you're enjoying it wrong or are trolling or maybe the game isn't for you.
    • The people who thought the game would be the second coming of Christ and would be utter perfection, but are disappointed because the game didn't deliver on their unrealistic (and often unfounded) expectations.
    • The people who are so vocal in their dislike that they can't imagine anyone actually liking the game for what it is.

As for comparing other games to Guild Wars 2, I find it meaningless. You can use other games as examples to show what works and what doesn't, but just plain comparing them seems silly to me. But I guess it can be expected when you're on a sub-forum of a WoW-fansite (which is still better than the actual big GW2 fansite).

Edit: We had a thread with reasonable and fair debate and assessment of the game, but it fell from the first pretty quickly. Reasonable discussion isn't as popular as "I hate this game and it should have never been made because it eats babies" or "This is the best game ever and I wish I could make love to it."
    Last edited by Ynna; 2012-08-31 at 02:25 PM.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

The in game community is a lot nicer than the forum posters, the game is good, it has its flaws as eveyone else, but i can guarantee you that it will be worth its value, even if you stop playing it in 2 months.

I dont plan to play it for years, but the months i will play it will be fun. And you always take some breaks and come after, you wont lose much power relative to content and you wouldnt had lost money.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2012-08-31 at 02:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't let your opinion be formed by others There will always be fanboys of a certain game and there will always be bashing.

I must admit, the ingame bashing on my server is very minimal. If there is a 'WOW SUXORZ, GW2 ROXORZ' discussion it quiets down within minutes and I've only seen it pop up about 3 times. The community ingame is very very nice.

It's a nice game, I'm enjoying myself. That's all I can say. I can't say what the game will do for you.
    Last edited by Taranee; 2012-08-31 at 02:22 PM.

Taranee - lvl 90 Blood Elf Warlock - EU Dragonblight

Quote Originally Posted by totmachor View Post
    I really wanted to try GW nxt Month, when i get a new graphicscard, but now i am not that sure about that game anymore.

The problem is not the game itself, its the fanboys posting everywhere shit. There was a thread about hairclippings and everyone just went apeshit flaming the TO to hell.

I mean ... i just dont want to play with that many idiotic scumbags. there is nothing wrong with bugs, but when a horde of apes comes around and bragging about how cool that game is and what an idiot the one is who complains about bugs ... i dont get it! be happy that the hair is the only thing he had to complain about ... that means all the other things are done right! or not?

The other thing is, that all the time a new game comes out, everyone has that special need, to tell all the world how shitty all other games are ... especialy WoW! I love WoW and i think its a huge thing for any other MMO to be compared to it. Now all the time a new MMO comes out everyone is just "Rift is so cool WoW sucks hard" "SWToR is the bestestest Game EVOR! Fuck that shitty WoW" "GW2 is that revolution the MMO Genre needed! MoP is just for little Kung Fu Panda Fans"

Thats just .... tooo much! everytime i read stuff like this, i know that nothing special is about this new game. Just stop it! When the game is good, tell others about it! Tell them, its even better than WoW! BUT STOP TELLING EVERYWHERE "WoW is bullshit, because GW2 is better" ...
    Yea it really isn't that bad. Only the forums have idiotic scumbags like us :P This is where the two opposite ends of fandom collide. The super-fans and the super-haters are the only ones who go on forums. Everyone in game is as pleasant as can be!

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, really? You don't want to try a game because a couple of people say things you don't like? Are you really that socially insecure that your own decisions are based on what other people say? That's quite sad.

Beside, the community in-game is quite good and swell. My server (Desolation) is awesome. It also works very well in WvW and we're pretty much owning everything in our path. Sometimes, there are ofcourse, people who are fanboys but those are just to be ignored.

95% of people are idiots. It's an axiom. Deal with it.
    Last edited by Moonsera; 2012-08-31 at 02:34 PM.
    Sorry for my bad English, I'm from North Pole.

By your logic you shouldn't buy cars, computers, mobile phones, play any games and all and also don't watch any movies. And completely forget about music.

Decide for yourself what you want, don't let the other people dictate it for you.

BTW, the ingame community of GW2 is extremely nice and helpful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonsera View Post
    95% of people are idiots. It's an axiom. Deal with it.
    Logged in just to say - Awesome word use!

Quote Originally Posted by totmachor View Post

I'm sorry, but are you new to the internet?

Its like that on every game forum.

People who are upset about something go and complain loudly in every possible area: the people who are perfectly content just keep using the product.

There will always be idiots online, nor is this an issue solely focused on GW2: I mean hell, just look at the console wars between PS3 and Xbox 360. Those fanboys be crazy.