Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The online forum community does not represent the ingame community. Majority of players don't use forums.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    just ignore people you dont like. thats the awesome thing in online games :3 you dont like him? ignore him!

if i wouldnt play games where some community members write insulting stuff my only onlinegame ever would have been my very first one (C&C Red Alert 2) because i didnt knew the forums.

i would have never played any blizzard game, moba game, shooter, mmo rpgs or what ever. there are ALWAYS trolls,flamers and other things on the net.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 friends of mine constantly bash GW2. That's fine. I'm enjoying myself and feel bad for them they can't. Hopefully a different game will appeal to them more. That really is all there is..

Taranee - lvl 90 Blood Elf Warlock - EU Dragonblight

People thinking that the GW2 community will somehow stand apart from other online communities, are fooling themselves and others.

In the time I've played I've seen the following on /map chats:

Racist discussions
    Sexism
    Arguing about languages used in chats stretching on for hours
    Game bashing going both ways such as people hating on GW2, or other mmorpgs.
    People going "L2P FFS!!" when a lot of people die by world boss abilities (I can feel annoyed when I have to ress people as they die time and again by the same stuff when the boss has 3 major abilities, but I wouldn't go that far) and there's 4 people standing.
    People going "RESS ME FFS!!" instead of using their brains by going to the nearest waypoint and running back.

GW2 has the exact same community as every other game, the only difference is that Anet have removed the aspect of competing with others for resources and kills. People find a way to argue and be pissy anyways, it's just how they work. Just like in other online games, there's plenty of nice, helpful people too so one simply has to sort them and ignore the pissy ones.

GW2 is a great game by itself, you should play it and just completely ignore other players except for the ones you meet that are nice and fun. Just like it works in every other social environment. You can choose what chats to see and not, I turned off /map chat after some imbeciles had been discussing wether or not female players should be allowed in the game since "It requires pure skill!"...haha.

To miss out on GW2 because of strangers being morons? No...that's just your loss. I currently have to stay away since I need some upgrades to my setup before it will run smoothly, but once I get those I'm right back in enjoying myself.

So far every time I have needed help from a random passerby in GW2, they have stopped and helped. The game itself promotes cooperation as it's beneficial to all parties involved. Someone is low on health with 2 things attacking him...you stop and help and you both get experience, loot and the beginning of a possible friendship. I am having a great time and honestly couldn't care less if someone else is not or if someone else is having fun with a different game.

If you don't want to play a game because fanboys are flaming everything else...you should probably not play any game. Every popular game in the history of video games has had people that were die hard fans and couldn't accept that any other game exists and people that thought it was a piece of crap covered in shiny new plastic. This includes WoW. I'd say not playing a game due to fanboys is a pretty lousy excuse to pass up on something that might actually be more fun than whatever you are currently doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go to Guild wars Forums that is not in this site.
    these forums are filled with /2 trolls

When MMOC posted the new mounts for MoP I wanted to play x_x...I wanna ride a dragon and jewel panther! But I mean otherwise, that's all I miss. The reason GW2 appeals to me is it's gameplay and vanity. I loved collecting in WoW. Pets, mounts, titles, etc. Because of that, I think GW2 is more appealing to me with all the vanity possibilities and the prettiness of stuff. I think GW2 can/will provide enough challenging combat (as well as zerging/whatever) to keep me interested.

Making a post about a post about a game...what is the world coming to?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taranee View Post
    2 friends of mine constantly bash GW2. That's fine. I'm enjoying myself and feel bad for them they can't. Hopefully a different game will appeal to them more. That really is all there is..
    SEE ONLY ONE OUT OF 3 PEOPLE LIKE GUILD WARS 2 I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG [/sarcasm]

I gave my GW2 account (the 80 buck account) away for free the other day and I'm glad I did!

The difference between forums and ingame community is like night and day (most of the time). Idiots will be idiots, but at least you can ignore them ingame. My experience so far ingame is very positive. Lots of chatter going around about the game and the various mechanics, but also alot of fun off-topic (I guess that depends on point of view).

Deleted
    ingame it's a lot better than this forum

yes, I did say THIS forum.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Based on your attitude it seems to me that you're no better than the people you are describing.
    YES! i love to flame sometimes! BUT i dont flame without reason! and i am not such a dumb fanboy, who cant play or like other games.

I love World of Warcraft, but i dont defend Blizzard for every step they make.

For example: MoP was said to be about the Horde and Alliance being at war ... then there is the opening Cinematics and after 1 minute they are working together ... i think thats totally dumb to start the new Expansion with Focus on War with an opening cinematic where they are fighting together.

OR: I have the annual pass, now 5.0.4 has hit the servers and i cant play the game anymore! My Graphicscard just cant do it anymore ... i have an x1400 mobility and all things turned off/low with lowest resolution, i get 5 fps max, when no one is around. o i called Blizz, the Support told me instantly, they can freez my account, until i get new hardware ... so i said "yeah, would be really kind" (in german xD ) one hour later i get a response to my telephone-ticket ... "we have checked your request about freezing your annual pass and came to the decision, that this is not possible" (in german ... without any explanation why) ... i had to phone for about 7 hours to get my account frozen, like it was promised.

i can see the flaws and i can accept them. I dont have to flame things that dont deserve flame.

My problem with new games, is that folks will make statements about it simply based on the opinions of others, without trying it themselves firsthand.

"God, I hate the Dave Matthews Band... their fans are SOOOO annoying".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    My problem with new games, is that folks will make statements about it simply based on the opinions of others, without trying it themselves firsthand.

"God, I hate the Dave Matthews Band... their fans are SOOOO annoying".
    You dont get it? This site we are talking on, is a site about World of Warcraft. Every single person on this site was once such a huge WoW Fan, that they decided to go deeper into the thematics, by joining this Site. Now all that people can say is, that WoW totally sucks and that Blizz totaly sucks and that ANet is doing everything just right and GW2 is the best thing ever seen on earth.

Now take into account, how they talked about rift, star wars or any other new mmo to hit the internet and u get a huge contradiction.

One day they just want to play WoW, a new game hits ... "WoW sucks, that new thing is the best" ... a Month later they are back to WoW "Nahh, the new game was bad from the first day" ... then a new game comes "Wow sucks, that new thing is the best" ... its a big fucking infinite loop!

And now with guild wars 2 hitting the shelves all i see is the same thing like at rift or star wars or whatever game! Every post about how shitty all other games are is basically a post, showing me, that this game cant be that great at all.

We all loved WoW once in our life or we love it even now, stop coming to that strange point, where all you can do is flame the hell out of WoW.

Please, dont get me wrong ... WoW is a really good game, but there are always games that can compete or can do it even better ... i for myself still think Ragnarök Online is the best MMO ever, just because the way you can develop your Character.

Quote Originally Posted by totmachor View Post
    You dont get it? This site we are talking on, is a site about World of Warcraft. Every single person on this site was once such a huge WoW Fan, that they decided to go deeper into the thematics, by joining this Site. Now all that people can say is, that WoW totally sucks and that Blizz totaly sucks and that ANet is doing everything just right and GW2 is the best thing ever seen on earth.

Now take into account, how they talked about rift, star wars or any other new mmo to hit the internet and u get a huge contradiction.
    Not exactly sure what WoW has to do with anything I said. Some folks will simply try a game based on the merits THEY see, and others I guess scour forums for hours looking for someone else to make up their own minds for them.

Calling people "idiotic scumbags" and complaining about the community? LOL. You get what you deserved.

GW2 community so far is the best I have seen in years in a game, comparable tot he old vanilla/TBC wow community. Admitelly, there are sometimes really bad people in the chat, but 99% its from WOW, QQ about WoW, about GW2 and everything else they can think off.
    My wife came to me and asked: "What have you done to the poor cat? She is half dead..."

Deleted
    having played almost every mmo in the last 10 years i have to say the only good communities were rift one and wow till the end of the bc the rest is shit, i'm glad i have my group of friends to play or else i would have quitted this kind of game a lot of time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Small majority.

The ones having funs are the ones playing the game, not trolling forums proclaiming it as a salvation to MMO Forums.

I'm lv 22 on my Engineer, and I have never seen any douchebags *well appart from macro/bot users*. There is the typical /2 chat in Maps. But that's nothing too tragic.
    People help each other, and work together for experience and to sell things, etc. A good sense of community, imo.
    Thats what I see so far, there are a few occasional idiots, but not too many. (My only real annoyance are the people complaining about the Trading Post, and acting like not being able to use it completely kills the game...)

Quote Originally Posted by Torne View Post
    Seriously, the community in GW 2, at least up till now, is extremely awesome and nice.
    I disagree lol. I've been called a retard plenty of times for "doing something wrong" in a few events. Problem is, we still have LOADS of the Elitist WoW community, and their dickheadishness and rude nature is being carried onto GW2, which is something that nobody wants, so to anyone who thinks they're "above" other players, please wise up... (Note - Not talking it out on you, just saying i've had shakey experiences already)

It is not like that, the extreme fans don't pay Anet's or any game's bills. They have just loudly found each other on forums like these and muffle out any meaningful criticism/conversation over the game's flaws. In the actual game it is a standard MMO community, if anything the community so far seems to be less aggressive probably because the game is designed to encourage working together, not so much competing outside of WvW.