Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikijih View Post
    You get exp from WvW. What you are essentially saying is that you are not WvWing. That is why you are not getting exp.

The issue is that we are currently in a ladder ranking phase. They are keeping an eye on the matches in the first week with irregular battle lenghts to get a feel of what each server can do. Eventually, the matches will be better/closer. Of course, if you are on one of the zerg servers that is dominating the map, then you wont get much for standing there or walking around an empty zone.
    Anet needs to accelerate the ladder ranking phase by matching servers manually by population. Letting the Glicko system rank it might take a while. It seems they're already not doing 24-hr matching (JQ has been matched up with Fort Aspen and Madness for at least 2 days now).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    Wait what? Desolation have been fighting the same 2 servers for days now.
    No idea why that's the case. IMO, it shouldn't be, they need to try and mix the servers up to see what happens. All I know is that these battles are being kept intentionally short for the first few weeks, while server populations stabilize.

Might not be the best move in regards to leaving a good first impression on brand new, impatient players, but they're trying to think long-term quality.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-31 at 09:20 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

My server is fighting the same servers since the headstart too.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdpride View Post
    Yeah Crystal Desert has been fighting the same two servers since headstart also.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdpride View Post
    Same.

Jade Quarry has been bullying Fort Aspenwood and Gates of Madness around since last Friday.

As time goes on, the servers gain (or lose) WvWvW rank and move up (or down), so the higher ranks fight each other while those who do poorly will be matched with others who do poorly. Granted, the higher end servers might end up having the more entertaining experience since they will require greater coordination to bring each other down, but even as a mindless zerg fest WvWvW can be a lot of fun. So on that note, even low ranked servers with no coherent organization to speak of will still have fun, in my opinion, by zerging each other's forts back and forth all day. The main point is that you have to give it time, its horribly unbalanced right now because Anet had no way to know ahead of time which servers would do well and thus match them up against each other. That would have been totally impossible.

In a few weeks the servers should be balanced against people who they stand a chance against or wont steamroll, whatever the case may be. For instance, right now Northern Shiverpeaks is destroying EVERYTHING, but this wont last when the server gets matched against one or two others who are also currently destroying everything. THAT is when WvWvW is going to very fun, when the good realms clash. Of course as I've already said, even the realms who for whatever reason don't do as well will still have tons of fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the same server issue:
    World v. World
    We're aware the world v. world matches have not been resetting properly. We're preparing an update to fix this. Once the issue is fixed, we'll start running 24-hour matches to balance servers.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

i have yet to try out wvwvw