[Vuhdo] Tank sorting & Spirit Shell HoT icon customization

Hey,

1.) How can I actually sort tanks. This isn't a huge deal because I'm already used to tanks being always at random positions, but why not improve it a little bit.
    My layout is a simple one like this:

[Group1 Player1] [G1 P2] [G1 P3] [G1 P4] [G1 P5]
    [Group2 Player1] [G2 P2] ...

I'd like the tanks to be displayed at the very left of their respective group. Always. And while we're at it, healers next to that. Is that possible? I didn't find an option yet.

2.) The new "Spirit Shell" spell for Disc Priests. There's an option to set it as a HoT icon in the newest version of Vuhdo, which sort of works but when you enable it, it displays the buff on you instead (or in addition to) just the value of the spirit shell shield after using a heal spell. I'd like this to just show the absorption shield. Not the buff on me when I cast it.

Quote Originally Posted by TaurenNinja View Post
    Hey,

1.) How can I actually sort tanks. This isn't a huge deal because I'm already used to tanks being always at random positions, but why not improve it a little bit.
    My layout is a simple one like this:

[Group1 Player1] [G1 P2] [G1 P3] [G1 P4] [G1 P5]
    [Group2 Player1] [G2 P2] ...

I'd like the tanks to be displayed at the very left of their respective group. Always. And while we're at it, healers next to that. Is that possible? I didn't find an option yet.

2.) The new "Spirit Shell" spell for Disc Priests. There's an option to set it as a HoT icon in the newest version of Vuhdo, which sort of works but when you enable it, it displays the buff on you instead (or in addition to) just the value of the spirit shell shield after using a heal spell. I'd like this to just show the absorption shield. Not the buff on me when I cast it.
    1) There are a few ways to do this but the simplest would be to go under Options-Panels-General (after clicking on your panel of choice), and select Sort By and choose Role. By default I think it arranges as Tanks-Heals-DPS

2) You're tracking the wrong spellID and the issue is does the absorb even have a different spellID? I think the spell itself and the absorb have the same name (read Iza's comment on this here http://www.wowinterface.com/download...age=3#comments). Typing in both should track your shell on others as well as the buff that goes up on you. If you check Own next to when you enter it under Options-Panels-Hots, it should show this flag only on you instead of on all disc priests when they cast it so should make it easier. Also, to track absorbs, Options-Panels-Hots, and check Shield Status. Should show you a circle over the icon when the shield is in place and there's still absorb left to spend.

It you cast it on others and not on you, you won't see this circle on yourself and should be obvious that you have no absorb effects on you.
    If you do cast it on you, you should see the circle meaning you got absorb up for incoming damage.
    If you do cast it on you, but dmg goes out and the absorb effect is spent, you won't be able to differentiate between when you still have the buff but is spent and when you have the buff cause you're casting on others. But in that scenario does it really matter? Absorbs is what you want to track, no?
    Last edited by Sedivy; 2012-08-31 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedivy View Post
    1) There are a few ways to do this but the simplest would be to go under Options-Panels-General (after clicking on your panel of choice), and select Sort By and choose Role. By default I think it arranges as Tanks-Heals-DPS
    Yeah, thanks, found it. There's an option for tank => healer => dps which is exactly what I need.

2) You're tracking the wrong spellID and the issue is does the absorb even have a different spellID? I think the spell itself and the absorb have the same name (read Iza's comment on this here http://www.wowinterface.com/download...age=3#comments). Typing in both should track your shell on others as well as the buff that goes up on you.
    Correct, it does track both.

Also, to track absorbs, Options-Panels-Hots, and check Shield Status. Should show you a circle over the icon when the shield is in place and there's still absorb left to spend.

It you cast it on others and not on you, you won't see this circle on yourself and should be obvious that you have no absorb effects on you.
    If you do cast it on you, you should see the circle meaning you got absorb up for incoming damage.
    If you do cast it on you, but dmg goes out and the absorb effect is spent, you won't be able to differentiate between when you still have the buff but is spent and when you have the buff cause you're casting on others. But in that scenario does it really matter? Absorbs is what you want to track, no?
    Yeah, I guess some sort of combined absorb tracker icon is useful now. Before, I had displayed PW:S+Weakened Soul and Divine Aegis directly below. Now with Spirit Shell, I guess it makes sense to combine at least the absorbs from both DA + SS into one. Or everything into one. Why not actually. But I still need a separate Weakened Soul tracker, I need to know when I can reapply PW:S.
    Last edited by TaurenNinja; 2012-08-31 at 05:19 PM.

Yeah with WS now not necessarily corresponding to the timer of the bubble on people (ie. can be shorter), cramming it into the same hot slot via a bouquet might not be the best option anymore. Choose a separate hot slot to monitor it, or even better, take a hot bar slot Options-Panels-Hot Bars or side bar slot (Options-General-Indicators-Side Bar) for it so it doesn't clutter you hot slots too much. You can even use Options-General-Indicators-Inner or Outer Border for it.

Keep in mind I do not know if Iza already combined absorb stacking from SS into the rest. Should have from the feedback from beta but I'm not 100%. If you want to ask, post here:
    http://www.plusheal.com/forum/m/1833...ewforum/472512

Also if these absorbs are stackable individually (like the way you could pump up DA), mention that as well. It seems like SS is pumpable and I'm not sure if checking Pump Aegis also works on SS. One thing to ask him I guess. The more info you give on how these stack (and if they stack with other player's absorbs like from another disc priest), the better.

But I'm tracking the discussion here:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6471037078
    and as far as I can tell people are still unclear on what stacks and how.

---------- Post added 2012-09-01 at 09:45 AM ----------

Update on Spirit Shell tracking. Try enter 114908 into the hot box instead of Spirit Shell. 114908 should be spellID for the absorb specifically.
    Last edited by Sedivy; 2012-08-31 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedivy View Post
    Yeah with WS now not necessarily corresponding to the timer of the bubble on people (ie. can be shorter), cramming it into the same hot slot via a bouquet might not be the best option anymore. Choose a separate hot slot to monitor it, or even better, take a hot bar slot Options-Panels-Hot Bars or side bar slot (Options-General-Indicators-Side Bar) for it so it doesn't clutter you hot slots too much. You can even use Options-General-Indicators-Inner or Outer Border for it.
    I'm not a fan of inner/outer border, side indicators and all that fancy stuff, I prefer using ONLY HoT icons inside the frame because it's less distracting, and I have it display only the following of my buffs:
    - PW:S/WS
    - SS + DA combined (it seems to work but more testing is needed)
    - Grace
    - Prayer of Mending
    - Renew in a darker color because it's unimportant

Update on Spirit Shell tracking. Try enter 114908 into the hot box instead of Spirit Shell. 114908 should be spellID for the absorb specifically.
    Doesn't seem to work for me. I use a custom bouquet combining Spirit Shell and Divine Aegis and it uses the "Shield Status" option, this seems to work reliably (haven't tested enough yet though), but in the bouquet when I enter the spell ID it doesn't show up at all. So I'm back to typing out "Spirit Shell".
    Last edited by TaurenNinja; 2012-09-02 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaurenNinja View Post
    Doesn't seem to work for me. I use a custom bouquet combining Spirit Shell and Divine Aegis and it uses the "Shield Status" option, this seems to work reliably (haven't tested enough yet though), but in the bouquet when I enter the spell ID it doesn't show up at all. So I'm back to typing out "Spirit Shell".
    Drat. I was really hoping that might have solved it.
    If you enter 114908 into a separate hot slot though does it show up correctly with spirit shell? Though it may not calculate the absorb values correctly and show the circle?
    The question is does it show the hot icon correctly ie. on other targets but not on you (gotta put it separately to be able to tell).

Also when you type out Spirit Shell instead does it combine spirit shell and divine aegis absorb values (and do they stack at all) in the circle or just show the circle for whatever is on top in priority within the bouquet? (not sure how you'd be able to tell except to have them combined and then separate all side by side and see if the circle goes down at the same point in time).

I might finally get to setting up my disc spec to test this out. It's a lot of questions.
    Last edited by Sedivy; 2012-09-02 at 06:53 PM.

With my current setup in my custom bouquet combining DA + SS (with SS having higher priority):
    - DA by itself is shown correctly (shield status)
    - SS by itself is shown correctly (shield status)
    - when both SS and DA are active on a target, the shield status at least shows the (usually bigger) SS shield correctly. Not sure if DA is also included in that value or if it gets ignored or overridden by the SS value. But since the SS shield is usually more important, it's fine I think.

So I'm quite happy with it currently, it's certainly playable.

And yeah it takes quite a while to set this all up correctly, and even more if you want to test out every edge case and make sure it works 100% in every sitaution.
    Sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't be far easier to just swap to my 85 Resto Druid for MoP, but then again, I play priest because there's tons of stuff to know, improve upon, and tweak. The UI is no exception there.
    Last edited by TaurenNinja; 2012-09-03 at 03:04 PM.