Thread: Hacked/Stolen

Angry Hacked/Stolen

Anyone had their account stolen?

I tried to log on today and it said my email wasn't coupled to an account. Turns out some1 has gotten into my guild wars account and stolen my account. So I have totally lost it all. Anyone got any way i can get this back? I have cd key and details of my purchase on my email so I am hoping support sort this soon.

Wow that was quick, Is there an authenticator service avaible for GW2?
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

nope but ive lost mine completely. email has been changed

Deleted
    That was... quick. Try contacting customer support? Seems like the best course of action.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Wow that was quick, Is there an authenticator service avaible for GW2?
    Yes, there is. I think they just opened an e-mail one.

Have submitted a ticket but who knows how long that will take. Kinda feel like a threw awat £50 atm.

If they have a 1800 # I suggest you call and talk to someone in person as it will definitely help your chances at recovering your account.

Hopefully you don't get banned for not keeping your account secure! lmao! j/k,..j/k

1. Have you registered your account on the GW2 site properly?

2. Have you verified your email address?

3. Contact customer support and be ready to prove your ownership of said account. They will help you if you get them all information they need.
    My wife came to me and asked: "What have you done to the poor cat? She is half dead..."

cant find the number in UK and only have a mobile lol

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 08:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Schroedinger View Post
    1. Have you registered your account on the GW2 site properly?

2. Have you verified your email address?

3. Contact customer support and be ready to prove your ownership of said account. They will help you if you get them all information they need.
    I registered properly before BWE's been in all of them. only logged in from 1 place. tried several times to verify email but kept getting errors. got CD key for customer support plus any other info except the card i bought it with due to it being changed.

Quote Originally Posted by niblic3rd View Post
    Anyone had their account stolen?

I tried to log on today and it said my email wasn't coupled to an account. Turns out some1 has gotten into my guild wars account and stolen my account. So I have totally lost it all. Anyone got any way i can get this back? I have cd key and details of my purchase on my email so I am hoping support sort this soon.
    Stop using the same email/password for fansites and games. USE DIFFERENT PASSWORDS.

Quote Originally Posted by niblic3rd View Post
    cant find the number in UK and only have a mobile lol

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 08:21 PM ----------

I registered properly before BWE's been in all of them. only logged in from 1 place. tried several times to verify email but kept getting errors. got CD key for customer support plus any other info except the card i bought it with due to it being changed.
    This may sound silly but, since it sounds like you got a physical copy, did you update your CD key with the one that came with the box from the one you had for early access?

Bought the game direct from the GW2 website and have the cd key they sent me.

Email addy password is different from everything else i use.

Doing that atm, wish there was an authenticator like WoW.

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 08:47 PM ----------

Seems there is quite a few posts on their twitter page. People are getting hacked all over. Security seems to be a big issue here.

Glad it seems I'm not the only one. I go to my computer to log on this morning to find out my account had been banned permantely for "item selling." Last few days I've been getting spam email from Arenanet saying there have been log-in attempts from China. Changed my password 3 times and now I wake up to find that my account was banned.

Worst part is there is no direct hot-line I can call into for support, I have sit here and wait for them to reach me by email, which is such an inefficient and delaying way. I don't even know how long it's going to take with all the recent bans because of their Karma weapon mistake.

This is actually happening to quite a few people, the only thing you can do is contact support, however, i've heard that if you have an NCsoft master account you can get it back yourself somehow ( i couldn't try this so im not 100% how it works ). Also they can get the details without you falling for a phishing email, so if you haven't already make sure your email and password are unique to guild wars 2, ie not used for multiple game/forum accounts, hope this helped some people. Btw i contacted support roughly 36 hours ago and they still haven't replied so expect a bit of a wait.
    Last edited by Alkin; 2012-08-31 at 10:57 PM.