[Retribution] Soloing Kael'Thas Sunstrider in 5.0.4

This is just a fair warning to any paladins going back after Kael this patch.

Word of Glory does not count as a spell for triggering the Cosmic Infuser's Fire/Shadow Damage Reduction effect. If you want the effect, you have to cast Flash of Light. Also, with Divine Storm not healing like it used to (and costing Holy Power), you will be using your Holy Power for WoG alot more.

I am gonna report this issue to Blizzard, cause this sounds like a bug, as it would make WoG from a Holy Paladin also not work for the fight.

Deleted
    WoG doesn't proc the Spine Spirit trinket either (both ret and/or holy spec)

Yeah this caught me a bit off guard.

That said...

Not as much as the nether vapor NOT de-spawning. That is horrible. It makes it pretty hard for a melee to kill him, unless you keep pulling him out of it.

As a paladin though, its pretty easy, just use Harsh words glyph and become a caster >.<

Deleted
    It's still as easy as before, if not easier, the only thing that surprised me was seeing his health increase ( now has over 3 millions ).

You don't even need the cosmic infuser with the healing you can do now.

In fact just go kill him like a man, straight up damage to the face, not even 1 word of glory.

I'm gonna do that.
    Last edited by Veliane; 2012-09-01 at 03:51 PM.

I intend to continue my attempts before Tuesday nonetheless, but the nether vapor aura is a real problem. No melee during Fireballs means can't interrupt, can't get melee damage, phase five is a lot longer, more gravity lapses, and if you don't move Kael after each lapse, you'll spend the start of lapse in the vapor. Bubble should clear the debuff (you'll still have to heal up), and you can just judge, exorcise, and use AW to get some hammers out.

My only issue, I think, is going to be running out of floorspace that is vapor-free. Since lapse almost always bugs for me and doesn't suspend me, I take fall damage, it's killed me from 75% before. It can't kill me so easily if I fight in entryways where the roof is lower, but there's a limited number of those.

A fun little bug, showing that the vapor IS definitely a bug: it didn't go away even when I died, released, and ran back in. There's vapor just hanging out with its homies for no good reason in Kael's doorway now. I'll try resetting the instance, but I've also reported both this huge vapor bug and the WoG infuser thing (maybe not a bug but it seems like an oversight somehow, since it can heal others).
    Last edited by johannhowitzer; 2012-09-03 at 12:39 AM.

Deleted
    With current HA burst it should be piece of cake till 50%, I have mixed feelings about ADDs phase.

should be pretty easy at 90 :P

A bit rough, but I did manage to solo Kael before the reset, even with Nether Vapor glitch. Fought him in doorways for the most part, and before Fireballs started, moved him to a new doorway with LOS. Usually got some good damage on Fireball parts, and starting at Kael's door, I only had to backtrack to the entrance of the Hall of the Phoenix before he was in reach of a burst kill. No Ashes, but at least the week didn't go to waste!

This fight has to be the most frustrating one I've ever tried soloing. So much rng and so much time doing nothing but LoSing it's not even half funny.

Deleted
    As ret (407ilvl) it's more than easy, done it yesterday... one shoted

Whiskra, be prepared to learn the fight for a while, it took me 3 months to get it down as a ret paladin around ilvl 380. Now I'm 397 and the patch has hit, so it's easier to survive. My advice would be to learn one phase at a time. There's actually not a lot of LOS or RNG, the only RNG I'm aware of is Remote Toy, and if you play your cards right, that only shows up when you're not in danger. Which class are you soloing with?