Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Makoblade View Post
    GW2 is significantly overhyped. Nearly ever big production MMO is.

Does that make it bad? No. But it's quite insulting for people to go praising it so highly when it's got plenty of it's own shortcomings too.
    There is a difference between hype and and WTF HYPE. GW2 entered WTF HYPE close to a year ago. Every single damn hater thread on Rift was done by a GW2 fan. Over time I have developed an intense hatred for GW2 fanbois and watching their tears as ArenaNET does not live up to the hype is sweet on a level you may never understand.

To say that this game deserves the hate it is getting is a under statement. When you have every GW2 dev acting like hot shit for the past years DOGGING out every other dev in the market to watch them get their ass's humbled is just beautiful to watch.

I have not been commenting at all or hating on GW2 because watching the fanbois turn to haters is just pure enjoyment for me right now. I am just soaking it in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by This Guy View Post
    They just perma-banned over 5k people for buying items in a shop were prices was set too low. Why would anyone play a game where they treat you like that?
    If you are gonna bash the game, at least read up on the case you are using as an example, prices was set to low yes but it was not the reason for the bans.
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2012-08-31 at 09:24 PM.

Competition sparks Innovation. If multiple games are doing well in the same market, it will prompt competitors to improve their game to be the best, so on and so forth. Fuck it, I hope GuildWars2 is a success. FF14 2.0 is gearing up to be amazing which will, hopefully, raise the bar even higher. The players have everything to gain.
    ----------------------------------
    Aorus Xtreme
    5950x
    k|ngp|n 3090
    128g Ballistix
    33 fans

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BukkaKid View Post
    Competition sparks Innovation. If multiple games are doing well in the same market, it will prompt competitors to improve their game to be the best, so on and so forth. Fuck it, I hope GuildWars2 is a success. FF14 2.0 is gearing up to be amazing which will, hopefully, raise the bar even higher. The players have everything to gain.
    I think I love you a little bit. FFXIV: Realm Reborn looks amazing, and I think it's a damn shame that it isn't getting more attention. I suppose it really is hard to recover from such a bad launch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Many would argue that TERA is better graphically as well as artistically. My vote actually goes to FFXIV, but the point is that it's very easy to argue against GW2 being the most "aesthetically beautiful" fantasy MMO.
    .......I HAVE GW2 and enjoy it......... but am i the only that finds wow "aesthetically beautiful" ? .......I HAVE GW2 i enjoy it..........

Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    To be fair, there are GW2 fans who are purposely going around and hating on WoW's success as well, they hate that it still exists. The cycle will never end. :P
    Fair is fair but to be more accurate many of those are not really GW2 fans, they are WoW anti-fans. I've seen a few that I've recognized from previous game launches that have done this before for the last big game that launched. They just make it a habbit to run around yelling WoW is dieing and game X is much better and WoW should just close down and make way for Game X. It aint just GW2, its just that GW2 is the most recent bandwagon they've jumped on.

Who is John Galt?

at the rate they are banning people all they did was scare me OUT of playing their game.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclekreepy View Post
    at the rate they are banning people all they did was scare me OUT of playing their game.
    I know the game hasnt even been out a week yet and 5k players have been banned? lol.

At this rate i think Anet need the loosen their grips before they ban everyone before their first month comes to pass.

The only reason I haven't given GW2 much thought is it doesn't have an endgame that appeals to me. Get some raiding going on and I'd certainly consider it.

As it is I only log into WoW on raid night.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

Deleted
    What's 'success,' again? I forgot.

Does success equal quality?

Also, you always get the rabid fanboys on either side but damn this is the worst launch I've seen in ages for fanboys. Fanboys of other MMOs wanting the game to fail so badly spouting bullshit about how terrible the game is etc. etc., fanboys of GW2 jumping on ANYONE who uses a term that might be from another MMO (calling world bosses 'raid bosses' and GW2 fanboys get riled up because they don't want anything from WoW on their precious GW2), completely blowing their brains out in anger when anyone makes a slight criticism of the game. 'Dynamic events are getting a little repetitive in this area.' or 'I think they need to tune down explorable modes a little' are greeted with 'WTF U R DOING IT WRONG' or 'GO BACK TO WOW U NOOB'

Honestly? I don't care about the success of other MMOs. I played WoW for ages, when RIFT came out I didn't bat an eyelid, when SWTOR came out I didn't bat an eyelid, when Tera came out I didn't care, quit before GW2, now I play GW2 as my main MMORPG because I've been waiting for this transition for quite a while. I don't get why people are so rabidly defensive of their game of choice. I don't like WoW anymore, getting a bit stale for my liking, as an MMO generally does when you play it for many years, but I don't hate it or want it to die.

Why do other people want that? And what quantifies success? Commercial success? Success in relation to the game's goal? Because GW2 is already successful, it has created what it aimed to create. The player numbers will drop, yes, that's because this isn't a game with vices. While there are daily rewards, they are not required like in WoW (Thankfully WoW solved that to some extent by adding in the 7 rewards a week thing to the dungeon finder so I didn't have to find time every day to log on, but dailies still remain the same) so you don't feel the need to log on if you don't want to play for a while. That's cool, I don't mind, I don't think anyone does, it has no sub fee so it's fine.

To fear another game's success is stupid, because a game won't kill your game. The kind of people who leave one game to try the next and then slag off the game they were playing are the kind of people you don't want playing your game anyway. When the entire 'WoW is such a terrible game omfg I'm going to RIFT it will kill WoW' crowd went to play RIFT, I was glad. Some of my friends among them. Half of them then came crawling back saying it sucked. This is going to happen all the time.

Ignore the players. Generally speaking, they're an uneducated mass of opinionated wankers who attack anything that isn't theirs. They're the kind of people who, when put on a desert island, would throw rocks at anyone who came near their tent, simply because it's their tent and their tent is better than everyone else's tent because it's their tent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still a big WoW fan (nearly 8years now, and longer for Warcraft in general) here and I want GW2 to succeed because it deserves to! Bought two copies and will be playing it off and on for a very long time. Game is great (reminds me of Diablo/Phantasy Star Online/WoWpvp all rolled into one)!

Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    Where have you been?

Was like this for Warhammer.
    Was like this for Aion.
    Was like this for Rift.
    Was like this for SWTOR.
    Was like this for TERA.
    The cycle repeats for GW2.
    And it will repeat itself again, for Elder Scrolls Online, and whatever else comes...
    Don't worry, WoW will join in that list very very soon

GW2 is very very different than WoW. Makes leveling, more fun and not repetitive (well sometimes you get feel like it).

I still cannot believe how can WoW nerds still enjoy such an old, mediocre game in 2012. It is like you have 2 choice of PC, Choice 1: a 7 year old PC that is out of date. Choice 2: High end PC of 2012. I choose the newer/recent ones.

In with the new, out with the old.

Don't get me wrong, I did enjoyed wow, and am not regretting on playing it. But that game is way waay too old for me. Pandas? Really? I think MoP is targeting children now, as with the pokemon battles installed in wow and such. WoW lost its golden touch.
    Last edited by Moon-Man; 2012-09-01 at 03:32 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamorak View Post
    Hmm MMO gamers afraid of an MMO's success, yea that makes a whole lotta sense, i asume this is aimed at WoW players in general?.

Speaking as someone who doesnt like F2P games in general, i just really dont think GW2 will be as successful as GW2 fans make it out to be, but i wish them all the best.

And scaring people into playing their game? really? who the hell would do that lol, ALL games have people who hate them and theres nothing you or I can do the change that, so learn to live with it like most mature players do.
    Had to bring some attention to that. You like spending $15 a month?

What's to be afraid of?

I still cannot believe how can WoW nerds still enjoy such an old, mediocre game in 2012. It is like you have 2 choice of PC, Choice 1: a 7 year old PC that is out of date. Choice 2: High end PC of 2012. I choose the newer/recent ones.
    Cause people still like the old. It's familiar and reliable. Many people still find it good fun, and that's great.
    Last edited by Vorticough; 2012-09-01 at 03:37 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorianas View Post
    Had to bring some attention to that. You like spending $15 a month?
    Yes I like spending ONLY 15 a month on many hours of enjoyment.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know anyone that's afraid of Guild Wars 2, but thats probably only because I only associate with reasonable people. The game isn't going to take over WoW tho, it doesn't have what it takes. It's not casual friendly (meaning I see people all day "this game is too hard wtf"...followed by some random elitist troll (thats probably bad himself) reply with "lol noob get good gg blizz"). The game is fine, but not having a true set of roles and questing system just turns a lot of people off. I honestly feel like they changed too much, only for the sake of changing it, instead of actually making sure it was what everyone wanted. This isnt necessarily a bad thing tho, it will take time, but people will adjust.

I've seen way more people that call out "witch!!!!!!!!" anytime anyone has a concern or problem with any aspect of the game, and its just ridiculous. this game isnt perfect.

---------- Post added 2012-09-01 at 03:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lolman View Post

WoW nerds
    is that a child anime character sucking on a pacifier as your avatar?

you have no room to call anyone a nerd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    The game is fine, but not having a true set of roles and questing system just turns a lot of people off.
    Really? Huh, that's what drew me to it in the first place.

Ah well, each to his own, I like the not having to frantically yell 'INVITE ME' when someone is killing a quest mob so you dont have to camp the spawn.

Reminds me of yesterday when we were fighting the Shatterer and someone runs up and yells 'INVITE.' It was amusing because if you've reached level 50 without realising how the dynamic events work then I regret to inform you that you're blind.

10+ Year Old Account
    =\

This thread is still here? The title alone means it will just end in a terrible place.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    Really? Huh, that's what drew me to it in the first place.

Ah well, each to his own, I like the not having to frantically yell 'INVITE ME' when someone is killing a quest mob so you dont have to camp the spawn.

Reminds me of yesterday when we were fighting the Shatterer and someone runs up and yells 'INVITE.' It was amusing because if you've reached level 50 without realising how the dynamic events work then I regret to inform you that you're blind.
    Thats what I mean, being something different is going to attaract some people and turn away others, and like I said, some of the people that initially didnt like it, will learn to adjust and learn to like it like you have.

That part is awesome, not having to fight over every single mob, node, quest item. they hit it out of the park with that.

Hahaha thats funny xD

Quote Originally Posted by Lolman View Post
    Don't worry, WoW will join in that list very very soon

GW2 is very very different than WoW. Makes leveling, more fun and not repetitive (well sometimes you get feel like it).

In with the new, out with the old.

Don't get me wrong, I did enjoyed wow, and am not regretting on playing it. But that game is way waay too old for me. Pandas? Really? I think MoP is targeting children now, as with the pokemon battles installed in wow and such. WoW lost its golden touch.
    This is the reason why you get all the hate GW2 fans.