Rift 1.11 confirmed

Straight off the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    There is an area coming some time in 1.11 as a prelude to Storm Legion. It is not a raid. It is not death themed

~Daglar
    Uhh I don't know what to think of this. Now they are saying there is a new "area" coming in 1.11. So if 1.10 comes out mid September, we would have to give trion at least 1.5-2 months for 1.11. So we are now at November at the VERY earliest. I wouldn't expect it to mid november/early december. Then SL in december to meet the fall deadline? I don't know how they are going to push 1.10, 1.11, then SL back to back. I really don't know if SL is going to get pushed back into Q1 of 2013 or if they will be able to do 1.11 and storm legion within a few weeks of each other.

What do you guys think?
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

Well 1.10 is clearly that fall event thing Slip posted pictures of that is lasting maybe a month if that. Then straight into 1.11 which is the Storm Legion event we tested just yesterday. This does guarantee a December release though if they want to make a 2012 deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Well 1.10 is clearly that fall event thing Slip posted pictures of that is lasting maybe a month if that. Then straight into 1.11 which is the Storm Legion event we tested just yesterday. This does guarantee a December release though if they want to make a 2012 deadline.
    I took what Daglar said as a new Zone. Although he could be referring to the boat and the event that is on pts testing right now, but I really don't think so.
    R80

Deleted
    wonder which zone is it....hope storm legion wont come after december

Quote Originally Posted by Rajadog20 View Post
    I took what Daglar said as a new Zone. Although he could be referring to the boat and the event that is on pts testing right now, but I really don't think so.
    Planetouched wilds has literally been staring at us since the game released. It is sort of obvious what he is referring too. This is my best guess right now honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Planetouched wilds has literally been staring at us since the game released. It is sort of obvious what he is referring too. This is my best guess right now honestly.
    They confirmed that they have no plans for PTW and they are not currently working on it. This was a few months ago, so things might have changed. I'll try to dig it up.
    R80

Deleted
    maybe port scion then.....?

Found it

"And to answer the question on Plane Touched Wilds – we’re not actively working on the zone, nor is it a planned part of the expansion at this time. I’m not saying it will never happen (I don’t know the future), but I just wanted to put that matter to rest as I have seen it come up a few times."

http://www.riftjunkies.com/2012/07/1...touched-wilds/

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 08:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thumpy View Post
    Hmm, I don't know. That would be damn awesome though..
    R80

I can only image that this patch will be smaller than usual. But regardless...damn. Do they ever give their team a break?

Also, it looks like there might be a cash shop coming.. I and I would assume some kind of FTP model along with it?

Or it could have something to do with Dimensions.

Also waslingham posted this....

Last edited by Rajadog20; 2012-08-31 at 09:02 PM.
    R80

So lets follow the story line here. Maybeeeeeee that screenshot I dug up of Dream Hive which I bet is in reference to Crucia Temple? To be honest I am confused wtf Daglar is referring too honestly.

If they piss me off enough which they are sufficiently by being all mysterious doing I will take some time to crack into their pts files and just data mine the updates, since we are getting basically nothing useful from Trion. I know it pissed them off before when we data mined all the Infernal Dawn information because they changed the file coding.

Deleted
    f2p model while they have a deal of a year sub? not a good move if its gonna be a f2p model,hope its just a shop that trial players can upgrade their account via in game or to upgrade to collectors edition,ashes of history.
    dont want cash shop to buy every mount or pet i like, its better to get them though the game

f2p model while they have a deal of a year sub? not a good move if its gonna be a f2p model,hope its just a shop that trial players can upgrade their account via in game or to upgrade to collectors edition,ashes of history.
    dont want cash shop to buy every mount or pet i like, its better to get them though the game
    Rift is never going F2P unless their subs just absolutely drop off the map, but even then i think TRION would rather shut the game down entirely, but all of this is useless speculation seeing as Storm Legion should bring in loads of new subs, so this whole F2P vs P2P debate is void.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajadog20 View Post
    Also, it looks like there might be a cash shop coming
    Already blown out of the water by Scott Hartsman himself in the PAX live stream chat room when he was on Dahanese's iPad

It will be to sell the Expansion from in-game

As for 1.11 ? not sure, i could swear at the E3 presentation Russ saying something like 1.10 was the last Update before SL, unless the World Event Tempest Rising is associated with a new Update 1.11 ?
    Last edited by Slipmat; 2012-08-31 at 09:25 PM.

1.10 looks to be that Harvest event I bet o dick around with for a month, so RP'rs have a Hallowean event. My guess is this

Mid September - Mid October = Harvest event
    November 1st - Mid December = Patch 1.11

Close to Christmas = Storm Legion release

January to March = Storm legion bug fixes and shit PR because of no open beta testing of the expansion causing massive qq from returning players about bugged content and broken instances.

Deleted
    here is what daglar said about the new zone before the SL and the changes at 1.11
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post3941732

SL will come at early december that is what i believe.
    Last edited by mmoc1931fa0253; 2012-08-31 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Already blown out of the water by Scott Hartsman himself in the PAX live stream chat room when he was on Dahanese's iPad

It will be to sell the Expansion from in-game

As for 1.11 ? not sure, i could swear at the E3 presentation Russ saying something like 1.10 was the last Update before SL, unless the World Event Tempest Rising is associated with a new Update 1.11 ?
    I don't know about that. Why would they put a shopping cart icon in Storm Legion, just to buy Storm Legion when its already out? My bet is that it will start off only selling SL and maybe the other collectors editions, but will eventually evolve into something more. Hartsman has said that they are looking at expanding Rift Lite, and It sounded like they want to do something like ToR is doing and making the game sub-free up to level 50.

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 09:38 PM ----------

Daglar just said this
    http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...en-up-pvp.html

"Additionally -- I actually wanted to post this first but got distracted! You are not seeing a lot of class changes right now. The reason for this is that every class is being expanded, tweaked, and slapped around for Storm Legion. 1.11 is going to be a crazy time. ~Daglar"

So I guess 1.11 is a Storm Legion Pre Patch? Like WoWs 5.0.4 it might seem. Possibly putting the class/system changes a few weeks before SL launches.
    Last edited by Rajadog20; 2012-08-31 at 09:39 PM.
    R80

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They did say in the stream we would be getting one of Storm Legion's dungeons PRIOR to the launch of the expansion... so.....
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    They did say in the stream we would be getting one of Storm Legion's dungeons PRIOR to the launch of the expansion... so.....
    Wow really? What else did I miss in the first 2 hours? :P Thats awesome.
    R80

10+ Year Old Account
    port scion none warfront or the area north of droughtlands would be nice :S sick of having two large grey patches on my map :S