Thread: Salvaging tips?

Deleted

Salvaging tips?

Does anyone know what the best way to use salvage items is? Maybe use the very cheapest ones for gear with no upgrade slots and the masters salvage kit for gear with upgrades on?

Use cheapest ones and salvage only items for your crafting prof, like salvaging medium armor if you are leatherworker. Its vary hard to make cash atm so salvaging all items you will suffer. Mayby it changes after Arenanet fixes trading post.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    Use cheapest ones and salvage only items for your crafting prof, like salvaging medium armor if you are leatherworker. Its vary hard to make cash atm so salvaging all items you will suffer. Mayby it changes after Arenanet fixes trading post.
    Why exactly would you want to use the cheapest one?

Because making cash is VERY hard at 80 lvl ? Aka: 9s repairs, 3s travel etc...

Quote Originally Posted by dezzick View Post
    Why exactly would you want to use the cheapest one?
    Well it really depends on what you want. If you use the cheapest, you only get the crafting item of that level (ore/leather/cloth/etc), but if you use the master salvage kit, you are have a chance to get mats above the items level. But it's is (I think?) a 20% chance of getting rarer materials. Definitely always use master on any green+you salvage, because you most likely get the enhancement and a chance to get special crafting materials.

During the short period that the AH was up mats barely sold above what the vendor offered you for them. Also now for example I can salvage a weapon that sells for 40-50 copper down to something that sells for 4 copper. Why even bother? Wouldnt selling the gear get you more money? Obviously once you hit 80 and are farming high level mats then I would assume those will be worth a lot but I just dont see a reason to salvage low level gear at all.