Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Moderator Sonnillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Saku, Estonia
    Posts
    2,768

    [5.0.4 feral druid q] Feral Cat PvP help?

    I would like to give PvP as feral a go (since this will be my OS), I'm not intersted, for now in playing Boomkin or Resto.

    I would like to know:
    1) should I get pvp gems
    • with pure pvp power/resilianse in other than red sockets or
    • mix-stat pvp power/resiliance gems into other than red sockets
    • should I get plain matery/crit/hast gems?

    2) the enchanting should be close to cat (pve)?

    3) how much pvp power/resiliance is good?

    Here is my druid - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...keket/advanced (I will not enchant, socket items with lower ilvl than 390).

    3) is "maim" as a talent any good or should I just stay with "Rip" and "FB"? as combopoint use skills?

    4) crits or mastery or hase? which should I concentrate on, or just try to get some of each?

    I know this all will change in month or so, but I just would like to play the druid to fullest of it skills
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2012-08-30 at 08:24 AM.
    Mari officer/RL/OT of Punished <- RECRUITING
    Moderator of R & D | Open Raid
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    The curse of the Bear, the only tank whose active mitigation not only has RNG included, but only consists of RNG.


  2. #2
    The Lightbringer Ermahgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    I would like to give PvP as feral a go (since this will be my OS), I'm not intersted, for now in playing Boomkin or Resto.

    I would like to know:
    1) should I get pvp gems
    • with pure pvp power/resilianse in other than red sockets or
    • mix-stat pvp power/resiliance gems into other than red sockets
    • should I get plain matery/crit/hast gems?

    2) the enchanting should be close to cat (pve)?

    3) how much pvp power/resiliance is good?

    Here is my druid - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...keket/advanced (I will not enchant, socket items with lower ilvl than 390).

    3) is "maim" as a talent any good or should I just stay with "Rip" and "FB"? as combopoint use skills?

    4) crits or mastery or hase? which should I concentrate on, or just try to get some of each?

    I know this all will change in month or so, but I just would like to play the druid to fullest of it skills
    1) Idk, I'm still using the same gems as previous patch (pure agility) and since my spell pen gems changed into pvp power gems I'm okay with that.

    2) I guess so, if you're going movement speed spec I recommend getting the boots enchant with 8% movement speed xD

    3) As long as you have full PvP gear it should be okay.

    4) Maim you should use when your interrupt is on CD or if you need to stun your target (this changes if you chose Mighty Bash as talent) but generally the combo point usage priority is this: Savage Roar > Rip > Ferocious Bite > Maim, damage-wise ofc
    Last edited by Ermahgerd; 2012-08-30 at 08:28 AM.

  3. #3
    Moderator Sonnillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Saku, Estonia
    Posts
    2,768
    Can you please link your druid if possible in PvP gear?
    I didn't put much effort into getting any gear for cata PvP nor try it that much. That's why the questions.

    But thanks for the input.
    Mari officer/RL/OT of Punished <- RECRUITING
    Moderator of R & D | Open Raid
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    The curse of the Bear, the only tank whose active mitigation not only has RNG included, but only consists of RNG.


  4. #4
    I am Murloc! Balduvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,467
    1. Pure Agi still beats anything, which will very probably remain that way in MoP. For now, don't go for socket bonusses unless they give you at least 10 Agility.

    2. Enchant for Agility as much as possible, Stats on Chest, pure Agi or agi/movement speed on boots, if there's no Agi enchant available, go for Mastery.

    3. Just run with Full PvP gear and you're fine, or depending on your available trinkets/weapons you can run with 1-2 PvE items. This, without gemming or enchanting for PvP Power/Resillience should be sufficient.

    4. Still depends on the situation. Like Tera said, it can be used as interrupt when Skullbash isn't available. Although, since 5.0.4, we also have Bash useable in any form, which should be used practically ANY time (when available) over Maim to save combo points.

    5. Mastery still beats Crit or Haste right now, although if Healing stays this way, Crit might actually get more valuable.

    Since you're still looking for some Feral PvP time during Cataclysm, take a look at my Feral PvP guide in my signature. It's still up to date on most parts!

  5. #5
    Tbh just do what you were already doing. We didn't change much other than losing Bear survivability. I find myself wrecking people and my gear isn't as good as yours. Our speed talents/enchants are stacking too. I'm at 165% speed in cat. 185% in Stag. With Dash I can catch mounted people easy...even pallys and dks lol.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheatz View Post
    Our speed talents/enchants are stacking too. I'm at 165% speed in cat. 185% in Stag. With Dash I can catch mounted people easy...even pallys and dks lol.
    This has been hotfixed. Without feline swiftness all speeds are now pretty much the same as they were in 4.3.

    As for the new stuff I like disorienting roar a lot. It's a short CD, it can be used as an extra interrupt when the rest is on CD, and it can be useful to help you escape from a sticky situation (while also spamming some of those big instant lol heals). An advantage of it over bash is that it doesn't share DR with maim.

    Incarnation is also pretty good. It's nice to have that option when you really want to go to town on someone, you pop it (preferably along with berserk and preferably when you know people won't be able to CC the hell out of you) and then you spam ravage and you can use pounce as yet one more interrupt.

    Incarnation is also pretty good to get out of sticky situations with prowl, which can also used as a ghetto interrupt when people are casting things on you.
    Last edited by furniture; 2012-08-30 at 09:54 AM.

  7. #7
    Moderator Sonnillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Saku, Estonia
    Posts
    2,768
    TY Bald.

    What about stamina....? I have 135k atm and that is with stam/resi gems. I feel that the amount is too small, but then again anything ranged can rip me to be pieces probably none of the less (or anything with legendary). Should I get more or will it just come with gear?

    @Cheatz -"Tbh just do what you were already doing." <- I can't, since I haven't done PvP as feral at all :P.
    Mari officer/RL/OT of Punished <- RECRUITING
    Moderator of R & D | Open Raid
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    The curse of the Bear, the only tank whose active mitigation not only has RNG included, but only consists of RNG.


  8. #8
    I am Murloc! Balduvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    TY Bald.

    What about stamina....? I have 135k atm and that is with stam/resi gems. I feel that the amount is too small, but then again anything ranged can rip me to be pieces probably none of the less (or anything with legendary). Should I get more or will it just come with gear?
    It will definitely come with the gear. Also, I find anyone to be pretty much easy in 1v1 right now with our insane healing and shapeshifting out of roots. Maybe you're using your instant procs not often enough?
    Last edited by Balduvian; 2012-08-30 at 03:07 PM.

  9. #9
    The Lightbringer Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,177
    I tried some Feral PvP yesterday after the patch hit and just quit after 3duels, i felt like my damage was highly lackluster and bear is no where near as tough as it used to be, It probably didn't help the 3 people i dueled were a BM Hunter / Ret Pala and a Fire mage, before the patch i could take down most things, but now it doesn't seem so, But you just gotta remember like every expac, this last month is going to be highly unbalanced, But Feral can be fun, so i hope it picks up again in MoP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by furniture View Post
    This has been hotfixed. Without feline swiftness all speeds are now pretty much the same as they were in 4.3.

    As for the new stuff I like disorienting roar a lot. It's a short CD, it can be used as an extra interrupt when the rest is on CD, and it can be useful to help you escape from a sticky situation (while also spamming some of those big instant lol heals). An advantage of it over bash is that it doesn't share DR with maim.

    Incarnation is also pretty good. It's nice to have that option when you really want to go to town on someone, you pop it (preferably along with berserk and preferably when you know people won't be able to CC the hell out of you) and then you spam ravage and you can use pounce as yet one more interrupt.

    Incarnation is also pretty good to get out of sticky situations with prowl, which can also used as a ghetto interrupt when people are casting things on you.
    This was just last night so unless a hotfix has come along since then it's still working.

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-30 at 02:07 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    I tried some Feral PvP yesterday after the patch hit and just quit after 3duels, i felt like my damage was highly lackluster and bear is no where near as tough as it used to be, It probably didn't help the 3 people i dueled were a BM Hunter / Ret Pala and a Fire mage, before the patch i could take down most things, but now it doesn't seem so, But you just gotta remember like every expac, this last month is going to be highly unbalanced, But Feral can be fun, so i hope it picks up again in MoP
    Well to be fair those are 3 of the most OP specs/classes right now. Mages are just straight up ridiculous as usual. At least you can reset the fight much easier now with being able to shape change roots and such and our healing is better as well. I also find my damage to be higher.

  11. #11
    I am Murloc! Balduvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    I tried some Feral PvP yesterday after the patch hit and just quit after 3duels, i felt like my damage was highly lackluster and bear is no where near as tough as it used to be, It probably didn't help the 3 people i dueled were a BM Hunter / Ret Pala and a Fire mage, before the patch i could take down most things, but now it doesn't seem so, But you just gotta remember like every expac, this last month is going to be highly unbalanced, But Feral can be fun, so i hope it picks up again in MoP
    Feral damage right now is even better than it was pre-patch and it is probably one of the highest damage dealing specs of them ALL. Furthermore, Feral Healing is far beyond insane as you're able to throw an instant heal, while staying in Cat Form for 40k if you have bad luck (they range anywhere between 40-110k). An instant heal, together with NS (or NS alone, if it crits for 140k as it does quite often) is practically a LoH and I've resetted myself dozens of times from 1% HP to 100% in 2 globals.

    Right now, it's safe to say Feral is one of the best PvP classes in game. Naturally this will only last untill the beginning of MoP, where things will be tuned/scaled/nerfed down to an acceptable point.

    Fire Mages are still insane as well, but these insane heals, our incredible damage and the fact that we can shapeshift out of roots again kinda makes Feral the winning class in 1v1 situations. I'd actually go as far as to say we counter Mages again right now (like pre 4.0). This is kinda the same for Hunters. As for Ret Pala's, even they deal less damage then Ferals do, heal less, and have less utility.

    Honestly, I'd go as far as to say a good Feral Druid cannot be beaten by anything in 1v1 currently.
    Last edited by Balduvian; 2012-08-30 at 07:33 PM.

  12. #12
    Moderator Sonnillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Saku, Estonia
    Posts
    2,768
    I need to try PvP again, but before I can get any dmg off, I'm dead (speaking of random BGs), highly fun just dieing, dieing and dieing.... Maybe I'm doing everything wrong, no clue, never did feral PvP before.
    Mari officer/RL/OT of Punished <- RECRUITING
    Moderator of R & D | Open Raid
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    The curse of the Bear, the only tank whose active mitigation not only has RNG included, but only consists of RNG.


  13. #13
    High Overlord Knephertiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    United States, unfortunetly
    Posts
    142
    I havn't pvped since the patch (though I plan to get back to it this weekend), but I have to ask, regarding your last post...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    I need to try PvP again, but before I can get any dmg off, I'm dead (speaking of random BGs), highly fun just dieing, dieing and dieing.... Maybe I'm doing everything wrong, no clue, never did feral PvP before.
    How is it your dieing? Are the other classes just turning around and destroying you? Or is it due to packs of the enemy hitting you?

    It will probably be difficult until you get start getting more gear, because if they out gear you, they are likely doing more damage and taking less with the new pvp stats. But something I find many ferals forget (not saying you are) is a lot of the mobility and control we can have, as well as our now increased ability to heal. Another big thing is just how powerful our bleeds are, especially if you pay attention to maximizing them.

    Now, if your dieing to packs, and that's understandable, you either have to learn to deal with it, how to maximize your run speed and when to gtfo, or stick with some friendlies in your own pack.
    Last edited by Knephertiti; 2012-08-30 at 08:57 PM.
    My RP Characters:
    The Wandering Smith - Stephen Gallister

  14. #14
    Moderator Sonnillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Saku, Estonia
    Posts
    2,768
    I end up dieing against few guys together.... I go after a paladin, run into others from the opposite team and before I manage to do anything I am stunlocked and then it just matter of second before I die...
    Mari officer/RL/OT of Punished <- RECRUITING
    Moderator of R & D | Open Raid
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    The curse of the Bear, the only tank whose active mitigation not only has RNG included, but only consists of RNG.


  15. #15
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Anywhere but here...
    Posts
    7
    As being a cat I don't recommend running into groups of the opposite faction. Pick your battles. You have stealth, use it to put yourself in a spot where you can attack someone one-on-one (think of someone wondering off from the group, standing just a bit to far from the group or someone running back to the group after he/she died). Or if you are working as a group, make sure you stick with the group, so the group can react when you're targeted.

  16. #16

    Feral is a dead spec at the moment

    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    I tried some Feral PvP yesterday after the patch hit and just quit after 3duels, i felt like my damage was highly lackluster and bear is no where near as tough as it used to be, It probably didn't help the 3 people i dueled were a BM Hunter / Ret Pala and a Fire mage, before the patch i could take down most things, but now it doesn't seem so, But you just gotta remember like every expac, this last month is going to be highly unbalanced, But Feral can be fun, so i hope it picks up again in MoP
    I have been a feral since late vanilla but 5.04 destroyed the spec. It is useless maybe will return at lvl 90 but right now it is unplayable blizz took the best spec in the game and destroyed it completely. PvP as a feral now is noting but gy runs.

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 06:37 PM ----------

    You are obviously playing a different game than most ferals. Most have rerolled resto as feral is a joke at the moment

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheatz View Post
    Tbh just do what you were already doing. We didn't change much other than losing Bear survivability. I find myself wrecking people and my gear isn't as good as yours. Our speed talents/enchants are stacking too. I'm at 165% speed in cat. 185% in Stag. With Dash I can catch mounted people easy...even pallys and dks lol.
    We would love to see your 2's rating. My guess is its below 1,000.

    Ha Ha. LOL.

    Pallys and DK's are not killable by any feral DPS now, I don't care how good you are. Also couldn't kill mages or hunters. My most killable target was other druids.

    Feral kitty is no longer viable for PvP. I ran some BG's today and even was TOP DPS!!!

    But I could not kill a sole. My damage was high because of the ticks, and I only survived because I had heals. But the damage is so slow that its easy to mitigate. DoT over time, but so very little DoT that nobody dies.

    And I know so many people that are happy feral druids got nerfed, like it made their day.

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 10:58 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    Feral damage right now is even better than it was pre-patch and it is probably one of the highest damage dealing specs of them ALL. Furthermore, Feral Healing is far beyond insane as you're able to throw an instant heal, while staying in Cat Form for 40k if you have bad luck (they range anywhere between 40-110k). An instant heal, together with NS (or NS alone, if it crits for 140k as it does quite often) is practically a LoH and I've resetted myself dozens of times from 1% HP to 100% in 2 globals.

    Right now, it's safe to say Feral is one of the best PvP classes in game. Naturally this will only last untill the beginning of MoP, where things will be tuned/scaled/nerfed down to an acceptable point.

    Fire Mages are still insane as well, but these insane heals, our incredible damage and the fact that we can shapeshift out of roots again kinda makes Feral the winning class in 1v1 situations. I'd actually go as far as to say we counter Mages again right now (like pre 4.0). This is kinda the same for Hunters. As for Ret Pala's, even they deal less damage then Ferals do, heal less, and have less utility.

    Honestly, I'd go as far as to say a good Feral Druid cannot be beaten by anything in 1v1 currently.
    Oh, wow!!!! Your 2's rating is 864. You are a feral dps machine.


    NOT.

  18. #18
    Mechagnome nachoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Colorado!
    Posts
    558
    i feel pretty over whelmed right now with all these new moves
    "BC was a hot chick that took alot of work but was rewarding in the end, Cata is the drunk chick that supplied similar results with less effort." -couldnt have said it better.

    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Give up trying to understand her, women tend to handle problems with emotion rather than logic.

  19. #19
    I am Murloc! Balduvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,467
    Quote Originally Posted by acid357 View Post
    We would love to see your 2's rating. My guess is its below 1,000.

    Ha Ha. LOL.

    Pallys and DK's are not killable by any feral DPS now, I don't care how good you are. Also couldn't kill mages or hunters. My most killable target was other druids.

    Feral kitty is no longer viable for PvP. I ran some BG's today and even was TOP DPS!!!

    But I could not kill a sole. My damage was high because of the ticks, and I only survived because I had heals. But the damage is so slow that its easy to mitigate. DoT over time, but so very little DoT that nobody dies.

    And I know so many people that are happy feral druids got nerfed, like it made their day.
    This post wasn't aimed at me, but I feel like I should step up and tell you that all you were succesful at with this post is being an asshole.

    First off, 2's rating? Really? I mean, 2's? Even if you would've said 3's or 5's you would've made yourself look completely unbelievable for rating bashing.
    Furthermore, due to Ferals insane healing as Feral right now, nothing can really kill you, and Feral damage is more than sufficient to kill practically everything except healers in 1 on 1 situations.

    Although there's no current season running so PvP shouldn't be taken to serious, Feral is doing absolutely amazing in BG's. Also, if you think all damage/pressure Ferals do is coming from bleeds, I can safely say you have a long way to go into learning how to play a Feral better. Maybe it's a Shredding problem, or you're not interrupting/stunning/CC'ing enough at the right moments? Everything regarding Feral has been improved, except that we kind of lost Bear Form (which is by the way, beyond retarded). We lost SOME survivability, but honestly, not even that much due to our new abilities and heals. Then again, we gained a LOT offensively.

    Quote Originally Posted by acid357 View Post
    Oh, wow!!!! Your 2's rating is 864. You are a feral dps machine.


    NOT.
    First off, my last signature update was probably more than a year ago, and the time at which I made the update I played like 5 games total in my new 2's team. Not to mention, if you bothered to check me up, you know what ratings I've really gotten.
    Secondly, lol 2's. Thirdly, nice first post/impression you just left on this forum.

  20. #20
    I am Murloc! Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    5,452
    druim and acid357 probably clones, IMO.

    OT, ferals now are better than they were before 5.0.4. Instant heals are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •