Thread: most op champ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nunu. I have to go with nunu. A good nunu support makes the lane absolute hell to be in.

AD : Ezreal
    AP : Solo Q : Gragas/Ahri
    Jungle : Skarner, Alistar. Nautilus/Mundo/LeeSin/JarvanIV/Udyr/etc also are good but those two are way stronger.
    Top : Irelia, Jax
    Support : Nunu, Sona

Depends on the state of the game.

Endgamewise:
    Shen, Mordekaiser, Tryndamere, Skarner, Gangplank

Early:
    Alistar, Blitzcrank, Vayne

Combo (1vs1 fights, using all skills in combination to defeat someone):
    Malzahar, Kassadin, Cassiopeia

Feed is feed but the greatest pain feel those who feed Akali. She is like kill->1sec->kill->1sec->kill->1sec->kill.
    Diana was OP, not anymore after nerfs.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2012-09-03 at 11:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    AD sion.
    If you don't kite or chain cc that son of a, he'll end up beating your whole team on his own once you're in lategame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Depends on the state of the game.

Endgamewise:
    Shen, Mordekaiser, Tryndamere, Skarner, Gangplank

Early:
    Alistar, Blitzcrank, Vayne

Combo (1vs1 fights, using all skills in combination to defeat someone):
    Malzahar, Kassadin, Cassiopeia

Feed is feed but the greatest pain feel those who feed Akali. She is like kill->1sec->kill->1sec->kill->1sec->kill.
    Diana was OP, not anymore after nerfs.
    Umm Vayne has arguably the strongest lategame of all carrys and without a doubt the weakest early of them all. Think you might have put her in the wrong list.

A well played Riven <3
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Deleted
    Shen isn't OP per definition. His ULTIMATE is OP alright. But the rest of his kit is only "decent".

Malphite. His skillset makes him a huge fucking pain, and he lacks a proper counter in top.

10+ Year Old Account
    Morgana, Diana. for sure.
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

Quote Originally Posted by YlfTheCasual View Post
    Morgana, Diana. for sure.
    I have yet to figure out why people think either of these are OP. Strong, sure, but far from overpowered.

Outside of her ult, Morgana doesn't deal a ton of damage unless you stand in her soil, which obviously you shouldn't.

I can't speak as to which champ is purely op. However, I personally cringe when I'm playing AP mid and I see a assassin mid against me. Kassadin, Kat... these guys are hell for me at my current skill level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geist19 View Post
    I have yet to figure out why people think either of these are OP. Strong, sure, but far from overpowered.

Outside of her ult, Morgana doesn't deal a ton of damage unless you stand in her soil, which obviously you shouldn't.
    Diana was OP. She is better now. Morgana is like Shen, annoying to deal with in lane and has a gamebreaking ultimate. I would say Morg has the best initiation in the game because it requires the enemy team to split up or get stunned.

Deleted
    Completely broken:
    Can't really think of anyone right now.

Overpowered:
    Corki
    Karthus
    Malphite
    Zyra (haven't checked since her nerfs)

Champions I consider bad design which makes them hard to balance, but aren't exactly "overpowered" due to how their numbers are tuned:
    Darius (no explanation needed)
    Graves (tanky AD caster, combines too many roles)
    Morgana (more of a personal hatred, she's extremely safe and shuts down most offensive play)
    Nautilus (cannot be nerfed without being ruined due to the innate power of his kit)
    Riven (spammable manaless abilities, ult makes it almost impossible to truly fall behind)
    Shen (too much power in his ult)
    Soraka (dedicated healer, exists only to make every game a farmfest)
    Yorick (laning phase is completely broken, compensated by his lack of lategame potential. I don't like this)

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the only truly OP champion is Karthus.

At NA Regionals tournament, Karthus had a 100% win rate, and was banned in every other game.

Being able to pick up kills just by pressing R, adding a half a person to fights in other lanes, and his team fight zoning and presence is just insane. There isn't a single other champion out there that comes close to his power.

Anything else can be seen as OP given certain situations or against specific team comps...Karthus is always OP.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    I think the only truly OP champion is Karthus.

At NA Regionals tournament, Karthus had a 100% win rate, and was banned in every other game.

Being able to pick up kills just by pressing R, adding a half a person to fights in other lanes, and his team fight zoning and presence is just insane. There isn't a single other champion out there that comes close to his power.

Anything else can be seen as OP given certain situations or against specific team comps...Karthus is always OP.
    Pretty much this. Karthus has a kit that will either be strong or useless if they nerf it. Morg and gragas are both very strong simply because of how impactful their ultimates are in team fights forcing the enemies to scatter while still doing a lot of damage.

Though not OP, Orianna is extremely strong after her buffs reducing the global cd of her abilities.

Darius forevermore. I still can't comprehend why he hasn't been nerfed further.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Darius forevermore. I still can't comprehend why he hasn't been nerfed further.
    Cause he's not OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Cause he's not OP.
    A pull so you can't escape, a passive bleed effect, and a ulti which even further makes you unable to escape. The ulti is also very efficient at kill stealing his team mates. Add to it that its cooldown is refreshed upon killing someone with it, and you have the hugest pain in the ass, unless your jungler is Lee Sin, the only jungler I've been with who have been able to counter him. They could atleast nerf his early and mid game, because it's simply too ridiculous, he doesn't even need a proper minion farm or champion kills to get back on track.

10+ Year Old Account
    A pull so you can't escape, a passive bleed effect, and a ulti which even further makes you unable to escape. The ulti is also very efficient at kill stealing his team mates. Add to it that its cooldown is refreshed upon killing someone with it, and you have the hugest pain in the ass, unless your jungler is Lee Sin, the only jungler I've been with who have been able to counter him. They could atleast nerf his early and mid game, because it's simply too ridiculous, he doesn't even need a proper minion farm or champion kills to get back on track.
    Nunu counters him hard as a top lane. Just consume to victory and farm your way to the top.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone with a heal can bait his ult. Manaless champs out sustain him. Ranged champs and anyone with an escape can get away from his pull. The ult is great, but it needs to get the kill and reset to be the most effective. The only part of his whole kit that doesn't fall off come late game is his ult. While his ult keeps him from being completely useless if you shut him out, he becomes little more than a cleanup guy since he won't deal any significant damage, has very little CC, and he can't tank for shit.

And there is no Kill Stealing in LoL. It's Kill Secure.

Deleted
    Kill stealing teamamtes so OP, especially when all the gold goes to a tank that´s easy as shit to kill and kite. I´ve lost so many games with Darius players using their ult on every already 100% secured kill, they all end up getting destroyed in teamfights end the game with 17/13/1 and saying "bg 5x my team please so low lol".