Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    So you still have an entire PvE community who are reliant on mods to tell them when and where to move. Then a good handful of them oming to a game where tunnel visioned retardation is punished more than a redheaded stepchild. Bad players will be punished.

Your misguided condescension makes you amusing though, so please keep posting.
    I wouldnt say that at all. Your acting like a boss, raising his hammer for 3 seconds, flashing like a strobe light is a better way to communicate something is about to happen. In GW2, your enemy telegraphs when you need to move, in WoW, text telegraphs when you need to move. In both games, your looking right at the enemy your fighting, the only difference is the method of telegraphing. I dont see why thats so hard for you to grasp. Deadly Boss Mods has been dead for a long time..... If you actually played WoW, you would know that.

Sorry random Blizzard hater #3487592346, your just plain wrong. Both games telegraph when an action is required. Period. Its only a matter of time before people start learning the animations, just like they did with the text warnings in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by cavalca View Post
    Yeap, the leveling it's great, but the PvE dungeons are really ridiculous, a real mess.

Looks like a open world boss, every man for himself. I miss something more cooperative. And don't tell me that resurrect your dead friend it's teamwork.

I understand now why there are no subscriptions, it's because of lack End Gaming.

That's it, sorry for the terrible english...
    No wonder you're failing.

I have another suggestion. The bosses besides making the graphical telegraphs of their big moves, they could also make a noise, because sometimes between the efefcts and the fact that you move a lot in GW2 its not hard to miss the graphical telegraph.

Also those that have vision difficulties could use the sound to know when the hit is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    We're talking about a DE with random strangers here not an organized raid of pros.
    I can't buff these things as Ele (At least none that I know of, I'm new so is everyone else, cut us some slack).

Fact is: Insta gib mechanics are the lamest incarnation of difficulty a developer can come up with. It was the same in T11 HC and Blizzard got flamed for it.
    A lot of bosses in WoW has instant gib mechanics (even against tanks if you don't pop a CD in time); so....yea

Also, most DPS in this game still has the WoW mentality of stacking pure offensive stats; that is completely wrong in this game: there are two stats (and two whole traits out of 5) that are for pure survivability, as well as a whole list of utility skills, so balance/use/stack them.

Edit* ALSO, one more thing, being DOWN does not EQUAL to dying. Just imagine being down as losing a lot of HP in WoW, which means you'll need a heal: the only difference is, unlike WoW where people can directly cast a heal on you, they can run over and channel a "heal" on you to help you up.
    Last edited by Seolla; 2012-09-05 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seolla View Post
    A lot of bosses in WoW has instant gib mechanics (even against tanks if you don't pop a CD in time); so....yea

Also, most DPS in this game still has the WoW mentality of stacking pure offensive stats; that is completely wrong in this game: there are two stats (and two whole traits out of 5) that are for pure survivability, as well as a whole list of utility skills, so balance/use/stack them.
    But how will I do damage unless I pump my top 2 traits for maximizing damage?! Aren't my traits/talents the defining characteristic?! Ahhhhhh! -__-...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Thank you for posting that chart to help further prove my point. DBM is no longer needed in WoW. Fact. The numbers you posted prove that 100%.

And there are lots of ANet employees running around the game since head start. . . . Your telling me you havnt seen any? Bullshit. We played with 2 ANet employees for over 3 hours solid in AC @ level 35. I constantly hear stories of other people doing the same. You can see they work for ANet because there is an icon by their name.
    I must just be unlucky. But I have been online pretty much every single hour since the game went live (over 200 hours /age) on one isngle character, and I haven't seen a single one.

Imo dungeons are fine, APART from AC trash. On both story mode and explorable mode they are just stupidly overtuned. I have cleared every dungeon in the game with the exception of CM explorable TA explorable, and the 76 instance (cant remember the name). And in none of them did I wipe as many time as I did on AC trash.
    Last edited by mmoc61be24ebd6; 2012-09-05 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meladath View Post
    I must just be unlucky. But I have been online pretty much every single hour since the game went live (over 200 hours /age) on one isngle character, and I haven't seen a single one.
    /w Snowcrash Hey, wanna do a dungeon with me and my friends? Here's the vent info: cadmium.typefrag.coolio port 1337

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meladath View Post

Imo dungeons are fine, APART from AC trash. On both story mode and explorable mode they are just stupidly overtuned. I have cleared every dungeon in the game with the exception of CM explorable TA explorable, and the 76 instance (cant remember the name). And in none of them did I wipe as many time as I did on AC trash.
    My issue with the dungeons is that a lot of your abilities will randomly travel through a wall and pull multiple groups. You cannot dodge and kite your way out of that, no matter what the fan boys say. Sometimes, telegraphing animations do not work and an enemy uses a strong ability and brings you down to 20% life without warning. Some times, mobs will stick to you with swiftness, forcing you to blow your 2 dodges, and your survival ability.

Its things like that, that are making the dungeons difficult and turning people off. It devolves into chaos, and thats just not fun. My suggestion to ANet would be clean up the code for animations, and clean up the code on your invisible walls. If my projectile hits a wall, It needs to stop there, and not travel through and pull the next group on the other side/around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    But how will I do damage unless I pump my top 2 traits for maximizing damage?! Aren't my traits/talents the defining characteristic?! Ahhhhhh! -__-...
    You have 70 trait points in total, no one is telling you that you have to go 30/30 into toughness and vitality traits, you can just go 20 in one 10 in another or 15 each or something like that. The problem I was talking about is people with WoW DPS mentality that they should dump all 60-70 points into the other 3 DPS traits, have all 3+1 of their utility+elite skills for dps, and stack all dps stats; and then complain they get one shotted too often...

People have to realize, there is no threat in this game, that means monsters CAN and most likely WILL go after you; so treat this like WoW Arena and stack some survivability; no one is saying you have to gem/enchant full resil and go full tank spec in arena, but if you're doing arena in full PvE gear with 0 survivability talents, then yea don't complain when you get one shotted.

I honestly think this is just a learning curve. We ran two guildies who have not done AC before and facerolled it, then we hit explorer mode and it went super fast so we decided to burn CM to the ground. All in all I think everything took about a hour and some change. No wipes and everyone was in a high dps spec just as advertised. After today I'm convinced that once people "get it" the story mode dungeons are going to be faceroll and the explorer mode isn't hard but challenging enough to be fun. I'm certain the skill will grow and most people will figure it out and dungeons will become something fun to do rather than painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggoman View Post
    I honestly think this is just a learning curve. We ran two guildies who have not done AC before and facerolled it, then we hit explorer mode and it went super fast so we decided to burn CM to the ground. All in all I think everything took about a hour and some change. No wipes and everyone was in a high dps spec just as advertised. After today I'm convinced that once people "get it" the story mode dungeons are going to be faceroll and the explorer mode isn't hard but challenging enough to be fun. I'm certain the skill will grow and most people will figure it out and dungeons will become something fun to do rather than painful.

You are very optimistic. I have the bad feeling that as people keeps wiping in dungeons they will start to leave the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    You are very optimistic. I have the bad feeling that as people keeps wiping in dungeons they will start to leave the game.
    Well sux to be them I guess then eh? Enough of the nerf it all to the ground till the mouth breathers can do it while eating chips and watching TV. If the walls arent stopping shots like they should, fix it, same with boss telegraphs. In the early stages of dungeons there are always issues to work out. I remember pets that pulled floors of trash in WoW and abilities that pulled mobs in rooms above and below you causing wipes, SWTOR had plenty of initial dungeon issues as well.

The point is people now expect the game to be lowered to their lvl rather than upping there game and actually learning how to actually play the damn game. If some people bounce because some dungeons where to hard for em? well not a loss in my book there is a very popular game out there right now that not only will produce face roll content but hell it will even give you a 30% auto nerf over time to make sure that TV snack time wont be disturbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggoman View Post
    I don't even know where CM is yet, from the looks of it, you went in 40 + lvls? You have to keep in mind that some people hit AC on lvl 30 with lvl 20-27 gear/ different set up of proffessions/ different gear/ traits optimization/ different skills on their bars (and even get lucky sometimes as the npcs take most of the hits, as I've seen happen). There is just so much room for variation/ failure that all the "so easy, you are all scrubs who don't know how to dodge" comments are pretty unhelpfull (you didn't do that, but many people in this forum like to say pretty much that, I just wrote this because what you said may trick people into thinking the story mode dungeon is faceroll no matter what you do).
    Last edited by parcus; 2012-09-06 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    Well sux to be them I guess then eh? Enough of the nerf it all to the ground till the mouth breathers can do it while eating chips and watching TV. If the walls arent stopping shots like they should, fix it, same with boss telegraphs. In the early stages of dungeons there are always issues to work out. I remember pets that pulled floors of trash in WoW and abilities that pulled mobs in rooms above and below you causing wipes, SWTOR had plenty of initial dungeon issues as well.

The point is people now expect the game to be lowered to their lvl rather than upping there game and actually learning how to actually play the damn game. If some people bounce because some dungeons where to hard for em? well not a loss in my book there is a very popular game out there right now that not only will produce face roll content but hell it will even give you a 30% auto nerf over time to make sure that TV snack time wont be disturbed.
    This is a perfectly valid stance, and i think its the one GW2 developers intends to follow. I dont know if my bad feeling is what will happen either, people might just leave or not, i certainly dont know.

If some people goes away, then we have another question, how many of them, and how many of them are GW2 developers ok with them leaving before they start changing their minds.

I dont like these dungeons, i dont ask them to nerf them either, i am being entertained with the game with just running the dungeons a couple of times and leaving them to go again in some future to see if i can grasp interest in them again, meanwhile i'm doing other stuff in game.

But, the bad feeling is still there.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    I sat there and watched as mechanics, game play, art etc... were drastically changed to fit NCSoft's vision. So to imply that NCSoft was only attached to this in terms of providing funds is inaccurate.
    And we are supposed to believe that you are what, some disgruntled employee here to save us from our misconceptions of the game and the evils of the company behind it?

Pardon me as I Ignore your supposed insider knowledge. So far Anet has shown themselves to be a very stand up company. Its one of the major reasons I picked up the game. After seeing how they implemented hot fixes live with only a simple restart required and there general attitude, attention to detail and obvious passion for the game it was a no brainer. IF that changes ill reevaluate. Until then color me impressed and my faith restored (a bit) in game developers.

I like the idea of every class having support/control/damage.

However, based on my experience with AC at 30, the dungeons are fairly difficult, esp for a beginner dungeon. Like i'm ok with later dungeons being hard, but no one will even attempt AC explorer mode.