Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by VolchanR34 View Post
    Not true. Astrylian is a long time theorycrafter. There were several items in ICC dedicated to theorycrafters. Landsoul, Toskk and a few other longtime theorycrafters had items named in their honor due to their contribution to the game over the years.
    /sarcasm. Look at my armory and you'll know why

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's no fun if it's not lore related but it's not the first time they've added player's characters as npcs (or in this case a corpse) which I always thought was a cool thing for them to do.
    Last edited by leaks; 2012-09-03 at 12:15 AM.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    the Deified you say? In what way was he defiled?
    And why am I thinking deliverance?
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liteside View Post
    /sarcasm. Look at my armory and you'll know why
    /embarrassed
    Last edited by VolchanR34; 2012-09-03 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake.

As others have said already, it's the member of Midnight Sanctuary guild.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Deified/simple
    ^ His armory link Looks exactly like that NPC so it is definitely him.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    the Deified you say? In what way was he defiled?
    May we all strive to fall in the hole as elegantly as he did.

Also, never trust a mage with portals.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2012-09-03 at 06:14 AM.

Not true. Astrylian is a long time theorycrafter. There were several items in ICC dedicated to theorycrafters. Landsoul, Toskk and a few other longtime theorycrafters had items named in their honor due to their contribution to the game over the years.
    Indalamar like the first fury warrior theorycrafter = Ramaladni as in http://www.wowhead.com/item=50798/ra...lling#comments. I actually just figured out about this guy...very cool.
    Last edited by Landin55; 2012-09-03 at 05:10 AM.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Maybe it's something with MoP

10+ Year Old Account
    Those two are raiders in Midnight Sanctuary(YOU CAN'T HIDE BEHIND THAT NAME ILLWRATH), everyone gives Astryl a lot of shit for the belt, don't take it so seriously. q:

For those of you who truly need to know:

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader Jorny the Deified
    Dear friends,
    I feel my time is short and I wish for you to remember me and what I stood for . . . what we stood for.

20 years ago I, Jorn, joined the Order of the Silver Hand. I faced many trials during my stay with the Order and eventually completed my training. Although my mastery of protection spells was haphazard at best, and my abilities in melee combat were so tragically flawed that I earned the nickname of Jorny, my healing powers were undeniably great. Upon the completion of my training, I remained as a scholar and instructor in the ways of the Light, offering my pupils every opportunity to prove themselves. In this respect my students gave me the affectionate title of Jorn the Redeemer. Those however who knew me best were never able to let go of my nickname and only know do I accept the name as my own.

Years passed with nothing but small squabbles and mundane politics. Of the many foes ever present in the world even then, the Blackrock clan was both the most dangerous and a threat. It is regrettable that this was the beginning of my end, but with the rise of young Arthas, my life gained a purpose it should never have. As Arthas grew more corrupt, I aided the Order in maintaining peace, until the young prince slaughtered his own father. For weeks the whole of Eastern Kingdoms wept; Arthas returned to reclaim his father's ashes and in his wake he shattered our Holy Order.

We recovered from the havoc bore down by the treacherous prince and I guided the remnants of our shattered Order. A new Order had to be established.

I was wise enough then to know that I could not lead this Body without tyranny. I therefore assisted in the formation of the Argent Crusade and remained a valuable asset to it's new leader. I found myself in my old role as tutor and trained many of the Argent Crusade's new members. We fled to the stronghold now called Lights Hope where it rested at the base of a mountain range. When the invasion came it seemed that all hope was lost, and it was just when our need was most dire, that the demons stopped falling from the sky. A great victory was achieved that day, but not by us or anyone in the Eastern Kingdoms. Still, Hope seemed to dwell once more in the only surviving building of our stronghold, the chapel.

Tired though we were, there was still work to be done; it seemed like the whole of Azeroth required cleansing. Yet again, there was a period of strange calm. A season or two passed and we heard rumors of elves and orcs and humans working together towards a common goal. More rumors poured in of strange fish-like creatures roaming the land. I found it hard to believe in any of it, and for a time I did not. However, catastrophe seems to open ones eyes.

The ground itself trembled and groaned as though it were threatening to rend the land asunder. I never truly learned just how long the quaking lasted, but in that moment it felt like a lifetime. We all lived in fear of a coming doom, we feared that something was happening in the world and that we could not partake in it's outcome. But no doom ever came.

We were finally reclaiming land and making contact with friends from around the continent. We learned the truth of our allies from none other than Jaina Proudmoore and an orcish liaison. As a neutral force against a greater evil, the Argent Crusade accepted the news with reverence. During the same visit however, Jaina enlightened us about events that had taken place on Northrend; she informed us of the Lich King.

Unfortunately, my part in this tale ends here. I remained in the Eastern Kingdoms when the remainder of our forces joined Bolvar at the Frozen Gate. I do know one thing for certain. The time of the Lich King has ended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Anduin Wrynn
    Members of the Alliance,
    It is with great regret that I must append these words to the letter of our fallen hero, Jorn.

The Alliance has met a great loss today, with the death of the public hero known as Jorn the Redeemer.

The council of Kings and Queens has bestowed Jorn with the highest of honors; may he forever be know as Jorn the Deified.

Though we do not know exactly when or how he died, the suspicious circumstances warrant investigation. If you have any information regarding the death of Jorn the Deified, please send word to the Stormwind City Council.

May Jorn the Deified life forever in our hearts,
    - Prince Anduin Wrynn
    Quote Originally Posted by An Anonymous Mage
    Prince Wrynn,

I was, sadly, the last person to see Crusader Jorn alive. He was not murdered; simply killed by a prank gone wrong.

You see, I have recently come into possession of out of date teleport spells. This one in particular happens to be the location of where Dalaran once stood. When the kind paladin asked me for a portal to his home town, I decided to play a prank. I intended to throw the portal, then cast a spell to slow his fall before he entered. I wasn't ready for someone of his age to hop in the hole so quickly. I followed, hoping that the paladin would have the wits to call upon the Light to save him, but alas, he was dead at the bottom. I attempted to resuscitate him by overcharging the battery on my army knife but, as expected of such a last ditch effort, failed.

To date, I have never told anyone of that dark day openly. But during a visit to the prophet, Velen, I was told that "the burden you carry has found balance." I believe that whatever has happened to that man of the Light, his spirit is calm.

--An Anonymous Mage

So, yeah. I just used Ancient Teleport: Dalaran. I was smart enough to use slowfall before hand.

This guy wasn't.

He's right where you would die if you just portaled without slowfalling first, meaning this is a guy from the new Scarlet Halls that used the teleport.

And fell to his deaht.