Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    That's where you're wrong my friend, drop bears we call them:P nah just stirring, they're cute, cuddly and lazy.

OT: Beer, Cricket and Shrimps on the barbie :P
    Lamb on the barbie, get it right

Moved here when I was 5 and been loving it ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    That's where you're wrong my friend, drop bears we call them:P nah just stirring, they're cute, cuddly and lazy.

OT: Beer, Cricket and Shrimps on the barbie :P
    lol, the thing is i have never heard anyone actually say shrimps, only prawns

10+ Year Old Account
    Big snakes, spiders, and sharks.
    Also lots of dingos, kangaroos, and outback steakhouses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

A big ol' island nation... Love it, keep being awesome!

I think it's incredibly expensive. $20AUD for a 24 case of Pepsi. Oh, and too many deadly animals to even attempt to count.

Deleted
    I have never been to australia, but the first things popping up in my mind when I hear the word Australia is:

Surfing
    Beaches
    Desert
    Sand
    Deadly animals
    Large knives
    and.. CRIKEY (R.I.P Steve Irwin)
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2012-09-01 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by teh piemore View Post
    I think it's incredibly expensive. $20AUD for a 24 case of Pepsi. Oh, and too many deadly animals to even attempt to count.
    Your right, we are incredible expensive. Most things are 50-100% more than the US apart from food(don't get me started on cars and bikes)

And you guys have that big problem with dingos eating babies
    Last edited by Skizo; 2012-09-01 at 05:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    Your right, we are incredible expensive. Most things are 50-100% more than the US apart from food(don't get me started on cars and bikes)
    The difference is in pay as well though man...a delivery driver at dominos which is what i used to do gets 18 dollars an hour plus 2 per delivery if you use your own car...but over there its what like ... 5 dollar minimum wage? i think over here minimum wage is now 10 or 12 dollars...used to be 8 but gone up

footy is awesome!
    " In a Society like this table, a state of equilibrium, once one makes the first move, everyone must follow! In every era, this World has been operating by this napkin principle. And the one who ‘takes the napkin first’ must be someone who is respected by all. It’s not that anyone can fulfill this role… Those that are despotic or unworthy will be scorned. And those are the ‘losers"

The media has blown the "dangerous creatures of australia" way out of proportion.

Yes we have tons of dangerous creatures...but unlike you guys in US...all the dangerous creatures are hundreds/thousand of klms away from general population. You guys have bears and crocodiles going into peoples homes in the US....that is unheard of here.

TDLR - Australia is dangerous, if you're 1000klms+ away from a city.

I'd like to go there because I'm an animal nut, and I'd love to see the wildlife. Especially the dangerous wildlife
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon View Post
    I'd like to go there because I'm an animal nut, and I'd love to see the wildlife. Especially the dangerous wildlife
    Bro. Australia is literally identical to the US if you're within 1000klms of a city.

Source: Lived in cities... AUS (Melbourne) and in the US (New York). Same shit, NY is just bigger with more people...other than that...same shit.
    Last edited by Sussex; 2012-09-01 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sussex View Post
    The media has blown the "dangerous creatures of australia" way out of proportion.

Yes we have tons of dangerous creatures...but unlike you guys in US...all the dangerous creatures are hundreds/thousand of klms away from general population. You guys have bears and crocodiles going into peoples homes in the US....that is unheard of here.

This is mostly true apart from snakes and funnel webs

10+ Year Old Account
    Chanses to die of a snake or spider bite here is million times less likely then it is to die in a car crash.
    Dont listen to any of that deadly animals etc crap, its all exaggerated too much.

People here are great, Friendly, always saying thank you and please and most of the time treating each other equal no matter what job or how much money you have... excluding junkies, i hate them all, living in a country like this and wasting their life on drugs.

PS: Goldcoast is AWESOME!
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

Too obese, too religious, and too patriotic -- but not quite as much as America.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.
    To make room for the cupcake!

Quote Originally Posted by Sussex View Post

Snakes + funnelwebs + redbacks say hi.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    I've never been there but the images of it that show up in google look nice. Your prime minister bragged about the Australian economy at the G20 summit in Mexico wich annoyed the other leaders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShinyOne View Post
    Too obese, too religious, and too patriotic -- but not quite as much as America.
    Obligatory "americans are dumb, fat, and ignorant" quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.