Female character jumping issues

My friend is finding 100% IMPOSSIBLE to clear the cliff jump in Kessex Hills without splattering all over the rocks. We make a running jump at the start time and my male character just gains a whole lot more distance than hers on the way down.

After hearing how the larger races have trouble with the platforming on jump puzzles I wouldn't be surprised if they fucked something up with genders too...
    Last edited by Magzilla; 2012-09-01 at 06:57 AM.

Human Female. Zero problems with jumping puzzles
    Last edited by OmniSkribe; 2012-09-01 at 06:59 AM.

there is absolutely no difference between the genders or races.

other races just find puzzles more difficult because their character covers more of their screen and for someone like the charr who get down on all fours to run it can be difficult to time your jump correctly at the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Human Female. Zero problems with jumping puzzles
    I can second this.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

It could be a problem with the model size depending on race, and/or height

SWTOR had a somewhat similar problem, where the larger body types had certain areas they could not access
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure model-size can affect certain areas....but I play almost entirely female toons(in a game with Korean-inspired armor, who wouldnt?) and I've never had jumping-puzzle issues.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sure model-size can affect certain areas....but I play almost entirely female toons(in a game with Korean-inspired armor, who wouldnt?) and I've never had jumping-puzzle issues.
    Actually, had a friend playing one of the smallest Asura next to a friend of mine with Charr almost as big as they go. They clip and jump into things exactly the same, based off of their identical hitbox. This isn't a Gnome vs. Tauren thing at all.

Model size has nothing to do with a user's ability to handle jumping puzzles.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I was trying to jump something to get to a vista and kept falling, it wasn't until 10 min later I realized that it wasn't even the way you were supposed to go. Right path took me 30 seconds :P

It may be the fact that it's super early in the morning, but for whatever reason the title of this thread makes me giggle.

>.>

Anyway, someone mentioned that it has something to do with the size of the models. While I can't deny this, I do believe it works off of their hitboxes and not their actual models. Anyway, as a female human I currently haven't noticed any of this.

Renamed the thread to a more appropriate, less volatile name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tip: Any sort of leap attack or teleport that moves you forward without an enemy makes everything possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    The models are actually identical when it comes to movement. All problems are in your head. I have asura and a norn, cleared the same vistas on both on them. You just have to account for the norn clipping things. A lot of time my asura was actually to small for whatever I had to jump on and appeared to be floating.

maybe his computer is lagging a bit?? outdated computer?? maybe

but yea there (should) be no difference in jumping/running whatever race you are
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    A lot of time my asura was actually to small for whatever I had to jump on and appeared to be floating.
    Had this as well . My friend playing a male norn has got stuck a few times but only in the sense that he couldn't see where to go due to his visual model blocking his camera.. naturally I just laughed and left him behind to continue on with my physically superior jump puzzle stature.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

All models have the exact same hitbox, from the tallest, bulkiest Norn/Charr to the smallest/skinniest Asura. All of them jump in the same way. Even the Charr when they run on all fours have the jumping point on their hind legs so once you get used to that, it's easy on them too.