Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Professions: Living in Perfect Harmony

Professions: Living in Perfect Harmony
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    As with any new expansion, we often find that we have an opportunity to take a closer look at a variety of game systems within World of Warcraft and explore new ideas or improvements to the game. One system in particular is held near and dear to the hearts of the community: professions. With Mists of Pandaria, the designers were able to seize upon an opportunity to look at the role of materials and refine their purpose and their usefulness. In the end, they came up with Spirit of Harmony as the new resource du jour.

Harmonious Prospects
    In Mists of Pandaria, we’re introducing a new material known as the Spirit of Harmony. It slices— it dices— well, ok, it doesn’t, but crafters of any stripe will find it has many uses. By now, any experienced crafter is used to filling bags with a variety of materials such as Primal Life, Primal Fire, Primal Earth, etc. but in Mists of Pandaria, it’s all about Spirit of Harmony (in combination with the usual materials, like ore, leather, and gems). Spirit of Harmony is the result of the designers simplifying an already complex system while still keeping a wide variety of possibilities open to players. Much like with other Primals, Mote of Harmony can be combined (10 to 1) to create one Spirit of Harmony.

Harmony is Personal
    Let’s get right to it. Spirit of Harmony is a Bind on Pickup (or “BoP” to veterans) crafting material that can be found on every lootable creature in every zone in Pandaria -- from dungeons to the outdoor world. Intially, we want crafters to be out in the world adventuring instead of camping out in front of an auctioneer, hoping to score some cheap mats.

We understand that this may be of concern to those who play a variety of profession alts, and may consider other options for the future, including the possibility of allowing Spirits of Harmony to be Bind to Account in a future patch.

In addition to serving as a core crafting ingredient, Spirit of Harmony can also be used to purchase a variety of additional bonuses or materials that your character may need. While not every profession will get equal value out of them, most everyone will need to collect them for one reason or another.
    Here are some examples of the many ways that Spirit of Harmony can be used:

Alchemy: Purchase an extra Transmute.
    Archaeology: Purchase a restored artifact.
    Cooking: Exchange for an Ironpaw Token.
    Enchanting: Buy reagents.
    Engineering: New mounts and personal goggles.
    Herbalism: Purchase herbs.
    Jewelcrafting: Use to purchase extra daily discoveries.
    Tailoring, Blacksmithing, Leatherworking: Used to create epic items.

Purchasing materials may not ultimately be the most efficient way to gain resources, but it can be an added convenience to purchase something with Spirit of Harmony rather than going back into the world to get it. The Spirit of Harmony vendor can be found in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
    Last edited by chaud; 2012-08-15 at 04:28 PM.

They really want to get people out into the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    They really want to get people out into the world.
    I'm fine with that. I just don't want to have to do it on every alt that has a crafting profession.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    This will hit botters very hard, imho.

So Jewelcrafters now have to "discover" their cuts? I hadn't heard that before. Normally the other JCer in my guild collects half the recipes and I collect the other half to have a nice variety available to our raiders faster. I guess that's not gonna be happening any more...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SenSayNyu View Post
    I feel this is the main reason of doing this.

Goodie, everything can drop em, that's nice. Well, time to go out and farm people! Mwuhahah!

15+ Year Old Account
    Shouldn't be bop, that just sucks.

I hope they at least go BoA sooner rather than later.

I don't get why they don't make it BoA from the get go...
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

This is total bullshit, it's BoP chaos orb fiasco 2.0.

Dumbest change ever.

So they are making more and more stuff account-wide but one of the core materials is going to be BoP? It should be BoA.

I think they are trying to get us out in the world a bit more, rather than buying all of our crafting materials on the AH. I think this overly punishes crafting alts though, a better solution would be to make them BoA - then, you won't be able to sell them on the AH, but you can still send motes and spirits to the alt that will benefit the most (not the one you do dailies on the most often).

so many words to describe new chaos orb? meh..

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    I don't get why they don't make it BoA from the get go...
    thats because they want you to level all your characters first. and sometime around 5.3 this thing becomes BoE as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by SenSayNyu View Post
    I hadn't thought of this, but there are many other things that they can still exploit. This being one less is a good thing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffon23 View Post
    So Jewelcrafters now have to "discover" their cuts? I hadn't heard that before. Normally the other JCer in my guild collects half the recipes and I collect the other half to have a nice variety available to our raiders faster. I guess that's not gonna be happening any more...
    Imho discoveries are a lot more fun than having to grind dailies for a profession. It depends on how they are implemented of course.

BoA or I will cry many tears ;_;

that you "HAVE" to farm on all your alts, and poor poor alt healers

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget those can be "harvested" from the tillers' farm at Revered as well.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh i dont mind, im an auction house player but i used to feel punished for doing dailies etc because i knew id be losing money as opposed to sitting on the AH. Atleast now when im out and about i know i have a chance of getting a material necessary to craft epic items.

Deleted
    i like it

10chr

Really really don't like the "BoP" thing... should be "BoA". Period ^^