Deleted

Frost Mages Glyph of Icy Veins - DAFUQ Damage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFP2w...ature=youtu.be

What do you guys think of this glyph? Understandably it's balanced for level 90, but still.

IMagine mls with this glyph and and nether tempest ;o

Quote Originally Posted by BritR View Post
    IMagine mls with this glyph and and nether tempest ;o
    You don't need those for mls to be op. Dispel on 8 sec cd is pretty much what will make mls very very good.

well it's a straight up 20% dmg increase with IV up

i think it's not needed since frost shatters already do enough damage, it's their sustained damage that needs working on.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    well it's a straight up 20% dmg increase with IV up

i think it's not needed since frost shatters already do enough damage, it's their sustained damage that needs working on.
    The new bombs got that problem pretty much fixed.

I guess this glyph is too much then, btw didnt they say that glyphs are supposed to be utility choices and nothing to increase damage directly?

Deleted
    the last fight in the video, where the mage destroyed the blood elf chick. Frost bomb did half the damage on that fight.

At level 90, there's even more fun to be had, by the way. You can use alter time to save PoM, so you can cast 2 instant frostfire bolts in a row and, if you had frost bomb on the target, follow it up with yet another frostfire bolt. Guaranteed to kill anyone who doesn't get out of the deep freeze or pop defensives. Tested it against tank spec'd people (in pvp gear) and even they died in 5 seconds.

I guess this glyph is too much then, btw didnt they say that glyphs are supposed to be utility choices and nothing to increase damage directly?
    It can result in more damage in some cases, but to say everyone will always prefer the increased damage over increased casting speed is erroneous.

OT: I think it's quite balanced for a 3 minute cooldown considering Frost Mage damage outside of it is nigh subpar.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    You lose the haste when you take the glyph - i think they concluded that using the glyph is a tiny dps loss untill you are close to haste cap.

Quote Originally Posted by verdamte View Post
    You lose the haste when you take the glyph - i think they concluded that using the glyph is a tiny dps loss untill you are close to haste cap.
    that makes sense

but yeah it seems OP but there looks like there's a lot of setup and standing still to do it so i guess it won't be viable in arena.

Deleted
    Alter time is gonna allow for some truly broken mechanic abuse. I suspect it to be nerfed pretty fast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Burden-Outland-EU View Post
    Alter time is gonna allow for some truly broken mechanic abuse. I suspect it to be nerfed pretty fast.
    If they keep it how it is now, Alter Time will be incredibly fun to play around with.

This'll be brilliant with a decent amount of haste, dragonwrath for extra bolts and alter time! Machine-gun inc!

double healer mage time !
    yeah all the feedback lately is stressing around getting mages toned down in PVP.

was watching a beta 90 test stream (nuvoz/biotox) yday and they couldnt stress enough at how facing a mage gives them a horrible and frustrating experience regardless of winning or losing. other than that they seemed to agree that 90 arena will offer plenty of fun. much better compared to cata with the exception of facing mage/x/x teams.

Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    double healer mage time !
    yeah all the feedback lately is stressing around getting mages toned down in PVP.

was watching a beta 90 test stream (nuvoz/biotox) yday and they couldnt stress enough at how facing a mage gives them a horrible and frustrating experience regardless of winning or losing. other than that they seemed to agree that 90 arena will offer plenty of fun. much better compared to cata with the exception of facing mage/x/x teams.
    Why? On beta I am not able to kill people as easy as on live with the latest patch.(not even close actually) I don't get this.
    Last edited by Rorschachs; 2012-09-03 at 01:14 PM.

Live now! This glyph is awesome and is a must have for the frost one hit macro.