Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Affliction Stat Priority Confusion

I've got icy-veins telling me it's Mastery > Haste > Crit.

Noxxic telling me it's Mastery ≥ Haste > Crit.

And with WoWReforge (supposedly) updated, they've got me with Haste > Crit > Mastery.

You see where the confusion comes in, right?

Yea no one has any clue on how we're supposed to reforge, we know we need haste and mastery, personally i went for around 2700 haste and 1500 mastery

You should run a SimC of your own character and import the stat weights into WoWReforge.

Also take note of this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...ZC1KekE#gid=12
    Last edited by Reolac; 2012-09-01 at 11:04 AM.

Deleted
    I'm running mastery over all atm, Seems to be doing more than Haste (for me anyway)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    No one can tell you the stat priorities. You need to get the stat ratings for your gear from simcraft. For my gear, Mastery>Haste>Crit with HWoU and HICM was yielding the highest DPS for BOTH Affliction and Mastery.

I have best in slot, i need reforges for that, if i run simc it tells me "Int > Haste > Mastery = SP > Hit > Crit" to go under the hit cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Reolac View Post
    Its worth using the dark soul glyph for 3% more haste all the time, get more ticks on dots but lose the burst since u cant use it anymore and if so how long the fight has to be ?
    The only cap reachable without DS glyph is 2776 for corruption and if we aim for that, the dps gained from the extra tick comes ahead the dps lost from mastery ?
    I'm not a math guy, all i want is some reforges for BiS, i looked over armories from good players and everyone runs with a dif reforge.
    Last edited by n0n3; 2012-09-01 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    I have best in slot, i need reforges for that, if i run simc it tells me "Int > Haste > Mastery = SP > Hit > Crit" to go under the hit cap.
    The current hit cap that affliction is looking at is 15% (or 5100 hit) so that may be why it's telling you to go lower (in case you didn't know).

Its worth using the dark soul glyph for 3% more haste all the time, get more ticks on dots but lose the burst since u cant use it anymore and if so how long the fight has to be ?
    The only cap reachable without DS glyph is 2776 for corruption and if we aim for that, the dps gained from the extra tick comes ahead the dps lost from mastery ?
    I'm not a math guy, all i want is some reforges for BiS, i looked over armories from good players and everyone runs with a dif reforge.
    My understanding is that is overall a dps loss although not a huge one. The issue it suffers from is that it the passive benefit requires DS to be on/off cd making it good for some fights but bad on others with specific burn phases. But over all the functionality of the glyph makes it a "weaker" choice compared to other glyphs in my mind.
    Last edited by skitzin; 2012-09-01 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    The current hit cap that affliction is looking at is 15% (or 5100 hit) so that may be why it's telling you to go lower (in case you didn't know).
    That might be true for lvl 90 but for lvl 85 u need 1537 hit rating, i used the numbers from simc into wowreforge and that website is broken and their forums are down, check the pic

Last edited by n0n3; 2012-09-01 at 12:17 PM.

Mastery seems stronger according to SimCraft but some stuff there seems messed up atm so I don't trust it. Atm I'm just going for the buffed 21.39% haste cap to get the 9th tick of UA and 15th tick of Agony, then all out mastery.

That might be true for lvl 90 but for lvl 85 u need 1537 hit rating, i used the numbers from simc into wowreforge and that website is broken and their forums are down, check the pic
    Well given what you have listed there I would read that as Int > Hit (to 15% cap)> Haste > Mastery = SP > Crit and set my reforge calculator to that configuration.

And just to clarify on the glyphs part ...

We currently only get a direct dps increase from the Glyph of Soul Shard and we can generally get better usage out of these glyphs than Glyph of DS depending on the situation:

[Glyph of Life Tap] - Can help healers out on certain fights;
    [Glyph of Soul Swap] - Useful on fights with multiple targets not so much on single target fights as we should using SB: Soul Swap <20% of boss hp (drain soul giving us the shards needed for this);
    [Glyph of Siphon Life] - 20% of your damage dealt with corruption is converted into health which can be helpful again for healers and yourself depending on the fight;
    [Glyph of Soulstone] - Brez some one with a 100% I suspect more raids will like us to have this one and sadly it means we no longer have an excuse to avoid resurrecting first unless we say we couldn’t find space for this glyph!
    Last edited by skitzin; 2012-09-01 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    Well given what you have listed there I would read that as Int > Hit (to 15% cap)> Haste > Mastery = SP > Crit and set my reforge calculator to that configuration.
    This means that for BiS we should go for as much haste as possible ? If i reforge like that i'll have over 3k haste and 1k mastery
    Last edited by n0n3; 2012-09-01 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Mastery seems stronger according to SimCraft but some stuff there seems messed up atm so I don't trust it. Atm I'm just going for the buffed 21.39% haste cap to get the 9th tick of UA and 15th tick of Agony, then all out mastery.
    What stuff "seems messed up", exactly?

This means that for BiS we should go for as much haste as possible ? If i reforge like that i'll have over 3k haste and 1k mastery
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/fva96aevwrov6ac/pic2.png

Using your values from the screenshot you posted this is what I am getting for you.

As for BiS I suspect at level 90 that Mastery will pull slightly ahead since it directly increase the damage for UA, corruption and CoA. This is currently the case as well for the t14 heroic bis list* simulations. But the difference is quite small, like 0.2 difference iirc.

EDIT: sorry image isn't displaying so I've put up a link instead. Basically it puts you haste at 2885 and mastery at 1260.

-To explain a bit further in our BiS we have 9 pieces with haste on them so we will naturally be high haste which will reduce the benefit we gain from it so when we run the simulation it will place mastery higher on this list over haste. So in terms of haste we will have more of it even after reforging than mastery which is why it seems to change its mind come end game.
    Last edited by skitzin; 2012-09-01 at 01:03 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    @Vexeer

With your current gear from armory (Heroic Will and Cunning) youre looking at Haste = Int > Mastery = SP > Hit > Crit for 57,370 DPS

Where:

Hit = 3.68
    Crit = 2.53
    Haste = 5.60
    Mastery 4.24

If you changed your trinkets to Heroic Will and Heroic Insignia, you would get Int > Haste = Mastery = SP = Hit > Crit for 58,858 DPS (+1,488 DPS)

Where:

Hit = 3.86
    Crit = 2.81
    Haste = 4.41
    Mastery = 4.30

Plug those stat weights into wowreforge.com with "Hit at least" set to 1537 and you're ready to go.

P.S. Don't use Dark Soul glyph.
    Last edited by Xploit; 2012-09-01 at 01:06 PM.

Cant make wowreforge work for me, i get that error wich tells me to go to their forums to find a solution, but their forums arent working.
    L.E. Replaced trinket and that website worked with another browser, after reforging i get 2969 haste and 1177 mastery.
    Last edited by n0n3; 2012-09-01 at 01:23 PM.

Cant make wowreforge work for me, i get that error wich tells me to go to their forums to find a solution, but their forums arent working.
    L.E. Replaced trinket and that website worked with another browser, after reforging i get 2969 haste and 1177 mastery.
    Yeah this is what I get you as well, personally I would follow it despite it feeling a bit counter intuitive. The reason why mastery becomes the higher stat for our T14 heroic bis list is explained in my previous post.

PS: Did some digging around and yes glyph of DS is considered a dps loss for affliction at present.

Ok, now, after reforging, generate fresh scale factors with simc. Surprise, it'll tell you mastery is better now, and if you follow its advice and reforge once more you'll end up back at 2-3k mastery and 1k+ haste. Rinse and repeat for endless reforging fun.
    Last edited by Gobuchul; 2012-09-01 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobuchul View Post
    Ok, now, after reforging, generate fresh scale factors with simc. Surprise, it'll tell you mastery is better now, and if you follow its advice and reforge once more you'll end up back at 2-3k mastery and 1k+ haste.
    Ok so whats the correct way to reforge then, i'm tired of this, i think i spent 2k gold on reforging today...
    Yep he's right, ran the sim again after reforging and this time i got Int > Mastery > SP > Haste > Hit > Crit
    Last edited by n0n3; 2012-09-01 at 01:40 PM.

Ok so whats the correct way to reforge then, i'm tired of this, i think i spent 2k gold on reforging today...
    Yep he's right, ran the sim again after reforging and this time i got Int > Mastery > SP > Haste > Hit > Crit
    Basically I would stick with the use of Heroic Will and Heroic Insignia and setting your reforges to 2969 haste and 1177 mastery and leaving it there. Otherwise yes you will be here for ever dancing between the two places and given we are this stage of the end of xp I wouldn't get to caught up on it for now, wait til your at 90

If you actually want to optimize your reforge instead of maximizing either haste or mastery, you'll want to use simc to create a reforge plot for mastery and haste.