Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I personally hate it, it's no where near what it used to be, i loose agro alot etc, i'm doing my rotation perfectly fine, and was just wondering if anyone is having similar problems?
    What rotation are you using?

I am having no trouble what so ever in the AOE department. Especially with consecration being on a 9-second cooldown. With avenger's shield, hammer of the righteous and consecration. I hold threat just fine. I even forget to use holy wrath sometimes. (Though I will admit I was slightly intoxicated while tanking last night.) The only person who pulled off me was my warrior friend who was popping all of his cooldowns on the first five second of the trash pull (No idea) and a simple taunt and shield of the righteous and the mob was back on me

-Bane

Blizz stated a while back something to the effect of, if your loosing aggro while aoe tanking because your dps are attacking random mobs in the pack and not what the tank is focusing on then it's dps issue not a tank problem. Yes tanks will have to pay a bit more attention in 5 mans and on pulls but thats about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    AoE tanking isn't too difficult this patch, it just isn't fire and forget anymore.

Use Consecration every cooldown in AoE situations, same for Holy Wrath and HotR. Tab around to spread your threat (and censure) to more mobs. If someone takes aggro, focus them and taunt (more often than not, its a dps who gained threat on his target.)

It takes a bit more work now, but it's still doable.

Oh and glyphed Consecration is helpful in many situations.
    Putin khuliyo

In DS (both Normal and Heroic) my aggro is not as good as it used to be, but the only person I'm ever losing aggro to is the off tank, and only on trash when he isn't controlling aggro.

Make sure that 99% of the time your hitting something on every GCD. There are some rare occasions when you may not have anything to hit (although you could always refresh a buff). Consecration and/or Holy Wrath are usually available when HoTR/CS aren't and those are good threat builders, and of course Judgement and SoTR.

If for some reason DPS are stealing aggro, mark targets and make sure DPS are following the correct kill order. Shouldn't be a problem then, you should gain enough aggro on each of the mobs without any of the DPS stealing it.
    Last edited by Maester; 2012-09-03 at 07:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotterize View Post
    tanking has been WAAAAAAAy too easy the last couple expansions. its about time they made people work for it.
    They had no choice, because of idiot dps'ers who just couldn't be bothered to wait before a tank cemented threat. METERS METERS MUST TOP METERS OH SH** PULLED AGGRO LOL SRY TANK ANYWAY METERS MUST TOP METERS. You know, the people who boast about being top dps on a wipe attempt.

It is because of such people that we now have the easymode aggro with more emphasis on surviving and watching for the mechanics of the fights.

On topic, warrior AOE tanking is heavenly right now. DK AOE tanking as well. Probably going to be nerfed I imagine.