5.0.4 Resto Haste caps and Mastery - Question

Sorry if I've missed this somewhere, but I've gone through several guides and haven't seen it specifically mentioned...

I understand the stat priority for resto to be:

Int > Spirit > Haste 1st cap (12.5%) > Mastery > Haste 2nd cap (21.4%) > Crit

Can anyone tell me what mastery should be at before trying to achieve the 2nd haste cap? I know mastery was buffed, but I'm not sure what I should be aiming for before I start reforging it back into haste.

Thanks
    Last edited by Thaela; 2012-09-01 at 02:43 PM.

I, myself, don't really follow any listed stat priority mainly because my situation will be different from others and their priorities don't always fit what I'm trying to do. I believe that as healers, we are more flexible in our stat choices. The only thing I check are the haste break points and pick from there what I want to hit then forge my other stats to what I want to do at that time.

Right now I go with INT > Spirit > Haste (26.7% Raid buffed) > Crit > Mastery

The first haste cap you list at 12.5% is next to impossible NOT to get with the new ratings and I'm not sure what 21.4% gets you at the new ratings since it looks to be between HST and RT extra ticks. Vixin has a table for the new haste ratings at 85 (http://lifeingroup5.com/?p=2923 bottom of the post).

I shoot for the extra ticks oh HST because it does a lot of healing for me. I go crit over mastery because of the passive mastery buff we have (893 @ 85) and with the nerfs health isn't overly low for my raid. Crit is nice, it's given me a lot of resurgance procs for that extra mana. With this set up on heroic madness 25man, while all our other healers were ooming throughout the fight, I was fine and ended it at 80% mana while having the most HPS. I suppose this means I could drop some regen for other stats, but right now, I like the buffer while getting used to the changes.

And just remember, our mastery is very dependent on how the raid's health is, so if your raid's health tends to be lower, more mastery. If it's higher, less mastery - IMO. Tailor your stat weights to your play style.

Thanks for the reply

I just wasn't sure if there was an overall mastery value that most people shoot for before not worrying as much about it. Currently I'm at the 2nd haste break point, so I wasn't sure if I should reforge out of some of that for a bit more mastery... I do like haste so I can cast lightning bolts faster for more regen though