1. #1

    MoP - Retri Paladin DPS guide patch 5.0.4 - Legit?

    Would you say this is true or agree on any of this?

    I'm trying to get as much feedback as possible before MoP hits. We are a few paladins in our guild, and we all agree to this in some way.

    But what do you guys say?

    Sorry for the bad english.



    Cheers.

  2. #2
    The only thing that was completely wrong was "In raids we get more haste" Attack Speed buffs and Spell Haste buffs don't affect Sanctity of Battle. I can't really tell if anything else is wrong hehe. Thanks for taking the time to make the video however.

  3. #3
    The Lightbringer Requital's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    But-hurt much? Appears so!
    Posts
    3,880
    Is this PvP or PvE?

    I'd be more likely to suggest Light of Speed for PvE then PoJ I can't think of the amount of time on burst speed was better then the static movement that we get with an enchant. Also BoG does nothing for PvE so I would take Repent or Fist before I took BoG. Last but not least it can be said that Hand of Purity is more useful from a raid stand point because the amount of time that can be reduced from US is pretty mediocre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

  4. #4
    Warchief Velshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    One with the Light
    Posts
    2,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Is this PvP or PvE?

    I'd be more likely to suggest Light of Speed for PvE then PoJ I can't think of the amount of time on burst speed was better then the static movement that we get with an enchant. Also BoG does nothing for PvE so I would take Repent or Fist before I took BoG. Last but not least it can be said that Hand of Purity is more useful from a raid stand point because the amount of time that can be reduced from US is pretty mediocre.
    I agree with you but there are some fights where you need a kiter or you need to slow some kind of adds like the madness of deathwing hc fight where you need to slow the adds and kill them fast or nefarian adds if you want the retri to kite so I will say BoG is not bad in pve but yeah it's situational.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    I agree with you but there are some fights where you need a kiter or you need to slow some kind of adds like the madness of deathwing hc fight where you need to slow the adds and kill them fast or nefarian adds if you want the retri to kite so I will say BoG is not bad in pve but yeah it's situational.
    BoG is only 12 sec duration and procs only from Judgment.No way you are going to put a ret into slowing DW adds.Its not effective when you have rogues and hunter traps.Same for nefarian.Who is seriously going to put a ret on kiting them?
    BoG as it is is not needed at all and judging from the t14 fights it wont be needed there also.

  6. #6
    Warchief Velshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    One with the Light
    Posts
    2,057
    Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    BoG is only 12 sec duration and procs only from Judgment.No way you are going to put a ret into slowing DW adds.Its not effective when you have rogues and hunter traps.Same for nefarian.Who is seriously going to put a ret on kiting them?
    BoG as it is is not needed at all and judging from the t14 fights it wont be needed there also.

    I did kite nefarian adds because we didn't have any hunters or mage to kite them I did ok but at that time I was telling myself damn it would be nice if I have some kind of slow. :P

    Well yeah I never played beta so I don't know anything about MoP dungeons and raids t14 content.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    I did kite nefarian adds because we didn't have any hunters or mage to kite them I did ok but at that time I was telling myself damn it would be nice if I have some kind of slow. :P

    Well yeah I never played beta so I don't know anything about MoP dungeons and raids t14 content.
    Seal of Justice + Hammer of the Righteous = 8 second AOE slow.
    Last edited by Reith; 2012-09-01 at 05:28 PM.

  8. #8
    Yeah this is for PvE, but only the lvl 75 and 90 talents really affect our DPS in PVE so those I would say is the most important, and then also the speed.

    its different from each fight what talent u want to take, speed of light vs long arm of the law vs pursuit of justice.

    For example, i wud say on morchok speed of light is best, cuz u need to run out of the aoe once every min or someth.
    And on hagara, long arm of the law would be best, for ice phase where u judg the ice thingies and get a movement speed each 5sec, pretty awesome at that point.

    And yeah same deal with the other specs, also Holy Avenger is BiS for Spine, on the burning tendons, but IMO not that great on other bosses.

    I bursted 110k dps on Ultraxion HC 10man, with Divine Purpose. It was insane. O.o!

  9. #9
    seems dp is a good choice , At least going back as a RNg class is better

  10. #10
    Hehe yeah, i really like RNG.
    And 25% proc chance is pretty darn good!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •