Thread: Bear Hug.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    we get access to multiple choices for stuns and interrupts including Skull Bash, Typhoon, Mighty Bash, Disorienting Roar, Glyph of Fae Silence, or Bear Hug. Not all of these are baseline some of them are talents, some are glyphs; all of them have advantages and disadvantages. Bear Hug is just one of them.

you have to look at the tools available to you and accept their benfits and limitations. If the root of bear hug unacceptable to you, then choose Mighty Bash, but as it's a base line ability for Guardians, there is no reason to avoid using it when you don't have to move. and there are many tank situations where you don't have to move.

Deleted
    If it actually worked as it says in the tooltip then it certainly would be useful in a few places, but alas it does not so right now its not worth a space on an actionbar.

I like the idea of it but it does need some tweaking. I was thinking it would be cooler if it stunned 2-3 mobs instead of one. I feel like that wouldn't really make it OP since you're stunned yourself as well (which is a unique mechanic to me).
    Torque, Guardian of Cenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Torque21 View Post
    I like the idea of it but it does need some tweaking. I was thinking it would be cooler if it stunned 2-3 mobs instead of one. I feel like that wouldn't really make it OP since you're stunned yourself as well (which is a unique mechanic to me).
    You aren't stunned, just immobilized. You can't move, but you can still attack/perform actions. (least that's what i gather from previous posters and the description)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    You aren't stunned, just immobilized. You can't move, but you can still attack/perform actions. (least that's what i gather from previous posters and the description)
    correct. you are not stunned yourself, just rooted. you can still attack and you can rotate as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    I didn't realize that (haven't bothered to even use it yet). Well, to be honest, if it DID stun you, in addition to 3 (or more) enemies, I could see it being useful in a PvE situation where an extra group got pulled, so you "sacrifice" yourself to CC everyone and hopefully also aggro them all to you instead of the healer or whoever else (...or something!).
    Torque, Guardian of Cenarius