Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

5.0.4 Feral Heals PvP

IS it just me... or am I sensing a nerf inc? I mean... with natures swiftness and the 20% increased healing in Cat Form glyph I could crit 112k on healing touch.

Anyone think this is OP or just balancing out with everything else?

As soon as ret pallies are nerfed, I'll take that hit.. seeing as they can burst harder than we can.. and heal more than we can.. and turn invincible.. and have range.. I think you see where I'm going with this.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ret pallies are just... unspeakable :P
    Last edited by Krusza; 2012-09-01 at 01:25 PM.

Honestly with the loss of our bear-raid boss mode, without those heals, we'd be SOL, I've done a fair bit of dueling, bgs, world pvp, ect, and thus far I've found something from every class that's able to keep me at bay, thus negating my combo points, no healing, and I go kaboom. That or they just outdo said healing.

In 1v1 it's pretty op, but in team games we have to sacrifice cc to cast it. And like the poster above me said, we'd be dead without it now that bear form sucks. We don't wear plate and really only have one good cd that we have to pop before we go low unlike evasion, bubble and all the other better stuff.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it's in 3s/5s you probably won't need to worry about the heal so it should still just function as an emergency CC

Ya its instant cc versus instant heals. The heals heal less then a 1 stack flash of light or word of glory that a ret pally can do. So in terms of healing for a feral in pvp, we do not even compare to a ret pally.

I feel like Blizzard is moving to hybrid healing and allowing dps classes a significant amount of healing and absorbs to survive on their own a new thing. I don't mind the new change, but sometimes its dissapointing when your ret pally friend and you as a feral, top both damage done and healing done on your team in bgs :|

Quote Originally Posted by Crass1096 View Post
    IS it just me... or am I sensing a nerf inc? I mean... with natures swiftness and the 20% increased healing in Cat Form glyph I could crit 112k on healing touch.

Anyone think this is OP or just balancing out with everything else?
    Heals are NOT balanced around level 85. That 112k is around 25-30% of your health at 90. From what I hear (may be wrong of course), heals don't go up much at 90. In fact, I believe most classes ended up with inflated stats at 85 with all the epic gear for the 5.04 patch. So, you'll might actually lose some 'umph' at 90 with similar epic gear.

That's why right now, most hybrids with off-heals are outta control. Warriors, rogues, hunters, mages, and DKs seem pretty weak since they get blown up fast and don't have the over-tuned heals at 85.
    Last edited by mmofiend; 2012-09-01 at 03:21 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmofiend View Post
    That's why right now, most hybrids with off-heals are outta control. Warriors, rogues, hunters, mages, and DKs seem pretty weak since they get blown up fast and don't have the over-tuned heals at 85.
    Second Wind isn't useful at all 1v1 is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Crass1096 View Post
    Second Wind isn't useful at all 1v1 is it?
    It's actually the most useful 1v1 and gets weaker with more people beating on you.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was being sarcastic... /palm
    Last edited by Krusza; 2012-09-01 at 08:44 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    With NS and the glyph I'm constantly getting heals around 140-150k rather than 112k, so yes, naturally it will be nerfed/tuned down or ''fixed'' through scaling. However, healing is pretty much a problem for every single hybridclass right now, so same goes for all of them. We will need some defensive buff in return though, as Bear Form is just beyond terrible right now, to put it nicely.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even bother with bear form anymore tbh.

derp herp scaling is for lvl 90 not 85