Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    How many times have people said the same thing about Blizzard?

I really wish people would stop with the attitude of bitching at the company and going "MASSIVE FAIL!" for ALL online games. Unless you have experience in their field of work, and understand what code they're using, it's unlikely you have any idea about how this could happen or any idea of how you could possibly foresee such problems.

Shit happens. Deal with it.
    Sorry but GW2s launch is not perfect, it is pretty solid but far from perfect. Auction house is still down, I can't login, insane WvW queues and server trouble.
    It is a good game but there were smoother launches for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    It doesn't. He just wants GW2 to be "better" than Wow and have everyone mass mirgrate...not gonna happen.
    Its really annoying. This is probably my favorite MMO ever. They still screwed up. Kneejerking at the keyboard anytime someone says something that might not be positive about your favorite game doesn't make that not the truth, it just makes you look silly.
    Last edited by Rukh; 2012-09-01 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guild Wars 2 ‏@GuildWars2

The email authentication system should be working now. Please try again now to authenticate. Sorry about the inconvenience ^SL
    Sadly, it's still not working.
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2012-09-01 at 07:55 PM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    It is a good game but there were smoother launches for sure.
    There were also worse launches.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Looks like i'm in the same boat too now

SPOILERS!!!

Just started the level 55 quest and i got RIGHT to end boss, the Eye of Zaitan and what happens? My net dies.

END SPOILER!!!

Sad bunny

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    It doesn't. He just wants GW2 to be "better" than Wow and have everyone mass mirgrate...not gonna happen.
    Has nothing to do with that, and I definitely do not want that. I'm merely pointing out that people go "lol massive fail Blizz" all the time as well, and I think people need to get OUT of this mindset. Things mess up, and people just go "AMGHERD MASSIVE FAIL!" and I'm sick of it. It's not constructive to post that, at least. Could find something better to say about it, or just realize that everybody and everything fucks up now and then.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-09-01 at 07:57 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    There were also worse launches.
    Yes of course. There are also worse employers than me and yet I will be critized if I screw up.

GW2 is a great game, I love it. But people should be allowed to complain about stuff. I am pretty sure the devs want to make their game better...

"We are aware of the issues with the email authentication system and are investigating them. We will update you as soon as we know more about this. Thanks ^SL"

43 mins ago, GW Facebook. Chillax.
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

The email authentication system should be working now. Please try again now to authenticate. Sorry about the inconvenience ^SL

still not working for me, anyone else?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Yes of course. There are also worse employers than me and yet I will be critized if I screw up.

GW2 is a great game, I love it. But people should be allowed to complain about stuff. I am pretty sure the devs want to make their game better...
    I see nothing wrong with complaining about it, but just going "AMGHERD MASSIVE FAIL" is a borderline troll response. It contributes nothing to the discussion. There's a filter between brain and mouth, and more people need to use it.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-09-01 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Its really annoying. This is probably my favorite MMO ever. They still screwed up. Kneejerking at the keyboard anytime someone says something that might not be positive about your favorite game doesn't make that not the truth, it just makes you look silly.
    I don't think they are screwing up that bad, I have seen worse, but I am a bit annoyed. Am I going to quit? Nah, I'll just be patient and let them work out the bugs. If it continues for longer then 2 weeks, though, I will grow a bit more concerned. It's understandable that MMO's have problems for a week or two after launch. I get where you're coming from, though, with people defending everything ANet does. I've probably been guilty of it at times, but it's because I do have faith in this company, and really hope they can pull it together.

In other news, I'm stuck at "Waiting for Authentication...." right now. >_< Ah well, guess I'll play later.

---------- Post added 2012-09-01 at 04:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dgkiller View Post

still not working for me, anyone else?
    Mine is still on "Waiting for Authentication..." Are you stuck there, too?

I think this system is going to be pretty decent protection when it comes up...I still think a physical authenticator would be the best option though, but maybe thats coming

On topic. I still get the error

Quote Originally Posted by VibrantViolet View Post
    Mine is still on "Waiting for Authentication..." Are you stuck there, too?
    yea same thing

10+ Year Old Account
    It's worth noting that some of us, including myself, are still in the game. This is merely a case of the login servers being down, or their authentication server being down, or whatever system is specifically preventing log in. This happens to all games from time to time, for a multitude of reasons. Just be patient and they'll take care of it.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-09-01 at 08:07 PM.

It's worth noting that some of us, including myself, are still in the game. This is merely a case of the login servers being down, or their authentication server being down, or whatever system is specifically preventing log in. This happens to all games from time to time, for a multitude of reasons. Just be patient and they'll take care of it.
    When belittling everyone who's frustrated they can't get in to the game, you should probably not mention you're in the game and just pissing from your tower.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I do understand what you are saying. It's time for me to go to work and I was unable to play when I had time. Love the game and think anet is doing a great job but this was really sad to experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    When belittling everyone who's frustrated they can't get in to the game, you should probably not mention you're in the game and just pissing from your tower.
    I'm not belittling anybody or "just pissing from my tower" or any other insulting angry phrase you can come up with. I just think people need to stop doing crap like "MASSIVE FAIL!"

Yeah, it sucks when this happens, but there's no reason to get angry and insult the company involved.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-09-01 at 08:15 PM.

Guild Wars 2 ‏@GuildWars2
    We're still looking into the email authentication system and will keep you updated of our progress ^SL

I'm not belittling anybody or "just pissing from my tower" or any other insulting angry phrase you can come up with. I just think people need to stop doing crap like "MASSIVE FAIL!"

Yeah, it sucks when this happens, but there's no reason to get angry and insult the company involved.
    I'm not angry, I am frustrated. I did not use caps. I said this was a massive fail on their part and it is. This is a pretty important part to their system. Stop trying to strawman my argument and admit it was a kneejerk on your part and get over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I said this was a massive fail on their part and it is.
    What makes it a "massive fail" exactly? It happens to other game developers all the time, even games that are years old.

Do you work with servers regularly? Do you write code for programs at all, let alone video games? No? You have no idea how anything in the industry works?

Then you don't have the right to call it a "massive fail" because you don't know what can cause things like this.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-09-01 at 08:25 PM.