Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMxyzptlk View Post
    Let me fill in the other gap here, its called class-ism, some people seem to think they are better then people who make less money then or are less educated then them, and these "people" think that is fun to make fun of others, they also think that only "low class" people shop at walmart.

They are wrong about that but are oblivious about anything but their own little world.
    While this comes off as a little strong, I'm willing to agree entirely.

How about instead of making fun of people, you go do something productive like help feed the homeless or clean up litter, or anything that would actually help society rather then lower it
    Its Ironic how you point out Classism which is an act of judgment, then proceed to stand upon your high alter and judge him. Hope you dont get a nose bleed way up there.
    Fanboy (Fanboi): A Term used when someone disagrees with you on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate your counterpoint back so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming you into silence and thus them winning through dominance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Walmart is our very large retailer in the U.S. Its both a grocery and a department store, and typically because of their low prices and popularity they attract more impoverished groups of people who tend to be on the eccentric side.

See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvxNgdFeWqM
    It's people like this that give America a bad name. Shame they get shown all over the internet and on American TV shows.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have only been to a Walmart once. I'm missing so much Q_Q
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Quote Originally Posted by SadisticChipmunk View Post
    Its Ironic how you point out Classism which is an act of judgment, then proceed to stand upon your high alter and judge him. Hope you dont get a nose bleed way up there.
    If I'm bigoted against bigots, does that make me a bigot?

10+ Year Old Account
    And there is a full moon out (or close to it)

15+ Year Old Account
    I shop at Walmart every week since it is the only grocery store in my town and all the stereotypes are exactly correct. I make sure I have on real human clothes, you know like khakis, and man do you ever feel classy. If you ever want to see a 400lb women's ass hanging out the bottom of her short shorts, Walmart is the place to go. Its not even about being poor anymore to shop there. In most parts of the country Walmart has devoured every other business so you have to shop there regardless of net worth, sense of style, IQ level, etc. My town has zero bookstores, zero electronic stores, zero pet stores, one auto parts store, one hardware store, zero grocery stores (two in the next town over but Korger is more expensive and the other one makes Walmart look like an upscale grocer), you literally have to shop at Walmart or drive 30-45 minutes to buy most things.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-09-01 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    If I'm bigoted against bigots, does that make me a bigot?
    yes. yes it does. Bigotry is bigotry no matter how self righteous.

OT: I fail to see how this is classism. Coming from a low income family I never once wore the stupid, disgusting and utterly outrageous things some of these people wear. Household income/class has nothing to do with the sheer stupidity that these people get made fun for.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

My parents and I go to Target because of what the OP described about WallMart.
    It isn't how people dress, but it's because of the crowd that goes to WallMart.
    I'm sure there are lots of nice people, but the Wallmart in my city tends to attract allot of criminals,
    shady people, and people that cough all over in the produce section while stabbing their dirty fingernails into the vegetables then walking off.
    Last edited by Libram; 2012-09-01 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelk View Post
    As a Brit, this thread really confuses me...
    Right, so, it's the 1st of the month. That means that most people get their Food Stamp and Welfare money today. 1st of the months are typically herds of people cramming into WalMarts for their once a month shopping. The sights are monstrous. Multiply that by the fact that it's a Saturday, where most places are already busy, and a long weekend, it's further compounded.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Walmart is our very large retailer in the U.S. Its both a grocery and a department store, and typically because of their low prices and popularity they attract more impoverished groups of people who tend to be on the eccentric side.

See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvxNgdFeWqM
    Thats disgusting.... Now I truely belive american's are all obesse!

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I shop at Walmart every week since it is the only grocery store in my town and all the stereotypes are exactly correct.
    So what you're saying is: since Walmart is your only option, if it wasn't there, these people would be taking their business to "normal" stores instead? Strange.

Obi Wan Kenobi's quote is often misheard: "That's no moon...it's a Wal-Mart shopper!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    So what you're saying is: since Walmart is your only option, if it wasn't there, these people would be taking their business to "normal" stores instead? Strange.
    No I just think there is a concentration of stupidity inside Walmart in more areas because it is literally the only option. If there were more options the stupid would be spread out and less noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    Actually... if you live in small town Texas. This is VERY true, and can be amusing in certain areas of the store :P I seriously CANNOT wait to move to Pensacola, FL in a few months.
    :O where in Texas are you at? Or near by if you don't want to say.

And to stay on OT, I don't think there's anything wrong with seeing how other people dress. It can be pretty interesting sometimes ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Thats disgusting.... Now I truely belive american's are all obesse!
    This video is so fucking stupid, they go out of there way to find these people, go to walmart any given day and you might find 1 or 2 of these people, the other 98 will be normal looking. If it was a video about normal people going to walmart no one would watch it, do you really thing that's the only type of people that shop there?

10+ Year Old Account
    HAHAHAHA THOSE POOR PEOPLE! AM I RIGHT?

How about you stop making fun of people less fortunate than you and do something to help. Don't ask the government to take taxes from other people to help. Have some decency and give what you can give from your own pocket, or volunteer if you can't. If a poor college student like me can regularly donate blood, feed people, and give mine I'm sure you can too. Watch this episode of Bullshit. It's really good. They have an episode on gun control too for those of you that are interested.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    How about you stop making fun of people less fortunate than you and do something to help. Don't ask the government to take taxes from other people to help. Have some decency and give what you can give from your own pocket, or volunteer if you can't. If a poor college student like me can regularly donate blood, feed people, and give mine I'm sure you can too.
    Making fun of the hideous looking people at Walmart and doing charity work aren't mutually exclusive activities. This "stop making fun of people and go do charity work!" thing that people keep using in this thread is bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by Zechs-cenarius View Post
    Coming from a low income family I never once wore the stupid, disgusting and utterly outrageous things some of these people wear.
    Did you wear your pants around your knees? I find that the worse than anything i see on the people of walmart website.