Page 28 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DTsoy7 View Post
    I really want to see some proof that you guys started work on this before DayZ came out...
    We aren't the developers, this is the fan thread for the game.

From what I understand the developers have said they were in planning in 2010 and have since rushed the game due to seeing the success of DayZ. I welcome WarZ and DayZ because I want the two to be competitive and constantly improving to win players just like WoW being the big MMO competing with all the new up and coming MMOs

10+ Year Old Account
    I really want to see some proof that you guys started work on this before DayZ came out...
    Why is this such a big deal?
    And there is no way they could have gotten this much work done if they started after DayZ came out. Is that enough proof for you?
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most consumers aren't going to give a shit about when they started development.

The only time I see this argument being used is a.) DayZ'ers who are butthurt about competition, or b.) people who listen to butthurt DayZ'ers with no critical thinking skills of their own.

Yeah, it always puzzles me when people get upset that companies copy or share similar ideas. So what? Even if they did copy DayZ (which they didn't) so what?

I as a consumer don't give two shits about who came first or who copied who, all I care about is; is the game worth my money?
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Why is this such a big deal?
    And there is no way they could have gotten this much work done if they started after DayZ came out. Is that enough proof for you?
    that is just a lie, it was pre alpha at best when they released it. They also categorically deleted about 300 bug reports on the forums/any major complaints. They have done an admirable job in relation to fixing the bugs since it went live, something that has surprised me somewhat considering how broken it was originally. BUT don't even try and say it couldn't be done in 6 months. I am sorry but a full dev team up and running for 6 months could easily churn that out. It would not be difficult in the slightest considering they have slapped it onto an existing engine with a lot of the people who worked on the war inc now working on the war z.

Also the issue is that hammerpoint have made it a massive point to continually compare itself to dayz, and talk about when they started production on the war z. No one would have an issue about it if they simply just admitted their actual timeline of production. The issue is that it is glaringly obvious to anyone with a hint of knowledge when it comes to games and their production that this has not been in production for as long as they say it has. The majority of dayz fans do not complain about the game or there being more competition on the market rather the tactics hammerpoint and sergey are taking, ie lying to get ahead. Also quite on the contrary, competition is a good thing, and everybody knows it. Competition just means more choices and that rocket will have to raise his game. The bad thing is a company trying to take undue credit, that's the issue.

A fully funded team like that taking that long to produce such a bad alpha is either an indication of a TERRIBLE team or one that hasn't been working on it as long as they say they have. Is that enough proof for you.....? I have various friends who work as games designers, QA testers, programmers etc, not one has said it would take more than 6 months to churn out a game like that.

I managed to get hold of a free beta key and have a go the other day, It has some good parts but jesus, it is a money making scheme atm however you want to sugar coat it, not a scam just an alpha that is designed in such a way as to get you to spend money. Dying of thirst in an hour or 2, water being nearly impossible to find, spawn rate of guns being higher than ammo. So I'm left dying of thirst with 3 guns and no ammo. Oh wait.....i can get drink and ammo from the store....i cant help but feel that is not a coincidence.
    Last edited by mmoce78a54d14a; 2012-10-22 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by triggy89 View Post
    I managed to get hold of a free beta key and have a go the other day, It has some good parts but jesus, it is a money making scheme atm however you want to sugar coat it, not a scam just an alpha that is designed in such a way as to get you to spend money. Dying of thirst in an hour or 2, water being nearly impossible to find, spawn rate of guns being higher than ammo. So I'm left dying of thirst with 3 guns and no ammo. Oh wait.....i can get drink and ammo from the store....i cant help but feel that is not a coincidence.
    Thats now been changed, as it stands currently water is now easy to find and food decreases at a faster rate then water. The thing is allot can change in one day with this dev team so nothing is certain.

I've been playing the game since it was released i also played DayZ, i can happily say i got my moneys worth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still zombies are 99% rooted in place, still a bunch of idiots killing you in 3 hits and spaw camping for lols, otherwise its okay, tons and tons of food and water just no ammo for my 5 guns.

Deleted
    lets talk about the engine then, for those who played it, does it look like its a new engine a whole new game or does it feel like a mod for the WarInc same engine etc?

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Still zombies are 99% rooted in place, still a bunch of idiots killing you in 3 hits and spaw camping for lols, otherwise its okay, tons and tons of food and water just no ammo for my 5 guns.
    That's because all the ammo is in the cash shop lolol
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    water? really, jesus i must have been fucking unlucky! i couldnt find one, erg. ok glad they fixed that. But the ammo is still an issue. Hmmm. I duno it feels a bit like a carebear survival mod when i played it. apart from dying of thirst the only dangerous thing felt like the other players, i got my face bashed in by a flashlight about 5 times. Now i love PKing, its what made Dayz wikid, ive never had my heart pump/ adrenalin rush so much as when i met my first other player/ had a firefight with a group of ghillie suited bandits.

It seems you come across so many people in this game ( at least when i played,) that the intense feeling that is should have is lost very quickly. I have seen so many little whiners complain about the PKing, and i can see why, but at the same time it would take away from the core element of this game/other games of its sort. Its a dangerous world. Deal with it.

they need to open up the map asap. Its too small at the moment. Generally unimpressed atm, it isnt bad but it isnt great. I know its apha, but there are just too many aspects that i dislike. Dont mind about the bugs, just get rid of the market, get rid of the stupid glowing loot, balance the weapons properly, get the sounds sorted, half of them are good the rest sounds terrible, the characters run like igor/have a rod up their asses, the safe zones are just a stupid idea, it's asking for the areas to be camped,sort the freeking spawn rate of ammo etc etc.

Deleted
    Bought both , played both for a while now, and I must say I prefer Dayz, Warz seems like a ripoff that has been made severly easier for people that found survival too hard.
    Basicly to me it was a FPS game with zombies that dint really add anything.
    BUt then again just opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    Bought both , played both for a while now, and I must say I prefer Dayz, Warz seems like a ripoff that has been made severly easier for people that found survival too hard.
    Basicly to me it was a FPS game with zombies that dint really add anything.
    BUt then again just opinion.
    Its still early alpha, they are making it easier so that people are able to try the game out, day one of alpha I continuosly died from thirst/hunger, they will tweak so much more by the time it gets to release that you wont recognise it. The zombies right now have terrible mechanics and are buggy as hell, most just run on the spot, its way too early to start comparing day z and war z gameplay, sure you can compare mechanics but not really how the game plays.

As to people whining about pking, its because the maps are too small and you cant turn a corner without someone being there with a flashlight, its got a lot of tweaks to go. All i know is my server or the server I join will be pve only.

Do you die directly when you're foodbar is down, or do you have some time to find more food? I had to log out because I had no food and very close to "dying" (I think?) raided a whole small city and only found 2 bags of chips (doesn't give much).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TordFish View Post
    Do you die directly when you're foodbar is down, or do you have some time to find more food? I had to log out because I had no food and very close to "dying" (I think?) raided a whole small city and only found 2 bags of chips (doesn't give much).
    Iirc your health drops at a certain rate it wasnt insta death, they have buffed food/drink drops a lot so hopefully you'll now just die to morons with flashlights.

Everyone, please, stop feeding the troll. He left when we weren't talking to him, he came back and now he'll be back as long as people argue with him. He's going to talk shit about the game no matter what we say has been fixed etc. Just let him say it and ignore it.

On Topic: I haven't logged on since pretty late a couple days ago, I didn't see any updates that they've released in these past 2 days, anything new?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SageKalzi View Post
    Everyone, please, stop feeding the troll. He left when we weren't talking to him, he came back and now he'll be back as long as people argue with him. He's going to talk shit about the game no matter what we say has been fixed etc. Just let him say it and ignore it.

On Topic: I haven't logged on since pretty late a couple days ago, I didn't see any updates that they've released in these past 2 days, anything new?
    Weekend!

Deleted
    This is my personal opinion of the game.
    1) What really iritates me is the moderators on their forums deletes threads about honest feedbacks.

2) Lack of professionalism, the amounts of grammatical errors in their posts are incredibly high, I am not a native speaker of English, but their post is awful, if only one of them could correct the main developper.
    Also, I got banned forever of their forums because I said that in one of the video, the other player looked like a NPC and got banned for the following reason: "IF IT SCAM' DON'T CAME BACK"

3) Copycat of the actual mod DayZ. Everything you'll see in WarZ has been seen in DayZ such as, helicopter crash site, food and drink titles, etc.

4) 2 months after after the hit of the game DayZ, WarZ team claimed that they were working on WarZ for year of developpement. It is clearly a lie, their game is just running of War Inc engine and they only added zombies and nothing more.
    Finally, like I said I feel like I've wasted my money on this "game" I don't even call it a game but a gamemode. The developper team is not really professional, I'll call them amateur. Complete rip-off.
    It was the worst thing I've bought of my life.

-----

That's not my post, i took it from another forum and posted it here.

Also i'm wondering how much Pay to win this game is? I really hate Pay2Win games, and if this is one of them i wont be playing it.
    As far as i know you can buy almost anything with real money?
    Last edited by mmoc785098bf0a; 2012-10-22 at 07:08 PM.

Sanktas, you will only be able to buy some supplies (maybe ammo) and melee weapons. No P2W.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanktas View Post
    2) Lack of professionalism, the amounts of grammatical errors in their posts are incredibly high,

It was the worst thing I've bought of my life.
    Very bestest grammer ever.

< don't be the grammar police >
    Last edited by llDemonll; 2012-10-22 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TordFish View Post
    Sanktas, you will only be able to buy some supplies (maybe ammo) and melee weapons. No P2W.
    To go a bit more in-depth.

There are two currencys, in-game and RL money. I can't reveal anything else such as the items in store due to the NDA but they have stated previously they don't want it to be a "Pay to win" and they have stuck to those words.