Page 50 of 61 FirstFirst ...
40
48
49
50
51
52
60
... LastLast
  1. #981
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    728
    Waaldo, aren't you the one saying always that we should read in advance? Do it yourself. TB didn't make a review there that serie is a 1st impression. And his 1st impression isn't to far off what others think of it.

    Secondly admit it, not just for us. But for yourself and your inner peace. You were wrong about the Warz. Its a shady developement practise, the game is terrible etc. Stop defending it you are defending a person/company that just puts the blame on you and every other customer.
    Do not worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older it will avoid you.
    Joey Adams

  2. #982
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    So.... a random person says he is in Vegas and you believe him without question?
    Acctually, Patrick Bowman, the man, the one, the only Mr. Kewk himself TWEETED HE WAS GOING TO VEGAS.


    https://twitter.com/KewkD/status/281474136231010304

    I think it's time you stopped being an ass to people who tells you the blatant truth, just because you don't like it. And I advise you to get a refund if possible, because this game ain't living much longer.
    You won't find an expanded version of my avatar here.

  3. #983
    Stood in the Fire MrDeadcruel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    So.... a random person says he is in Vegas and you believe him without question?

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 07:56 PM ----------



    Go a few pages back and you can see my review on that shit head. Spoiler: It's the truth.
    https://twitter.com/KewkD

    Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

  4. #984
    Herald of the Titans Waaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,644
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDeadcruel View Post
    Okay... and why didn't you just post that tweet in the first place? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr
    I thought doing the toothpaste-tube-squeeze and vigorous shake was the "traditional" way.

  5. #985
    The Lightbringer N-7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,574
    Waaldo do you work for them?

  6. #986
    Dreadlord vazar_da_priest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    958
    DO NOT SUPPORT SUCH A MORALLY BANKRUPT "GAME STUDIO" OR ITS PUBLISHER.

    after helping people figure out a way to LEGALLY get a refund for this game (via a youtube video), most seeking one due to false advertising, WARZ's legal team sent Sonifys a C&D letter to remove his YouTube video. This company has lied to its customers and is now seeking legal action against anyone who wishes to receive a refund (if they did not purchase on steam). The game was removed from steam after valve realized the incompleteness of the game and after realzing forums mods for WARZ on Steams forums were deleting any post criticizing the game, and then banning the OP.

    Don't buy this game and support cash grabbing jerks who wish to plague the gaming market.

    link to reddit post with more details: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...o_that_helped/

  7. #987
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    Waaldo do you work for them?
    Probably not, but he's an obvious fan boy or just a very mentally ill person. He constantly claims that people's opinion on the game and the developer is wrong(even when their right) and tries vigorously to defend the game.

    "Hey Waaldo, the lead developer of War Z murdered someone because they looked at him funny."
    Waaldo replies,"Who told you that? That's wrong! He didn't shoot anyone! Your an idiot!".

    Infraction inc to me, obviously.

    Yes - Infracted
    Last edited by Remilia; 2012-12-20 at 02:15 AM.

  8. #988
    Pit Lord barackopala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Chile, Viña del Mar
    Posts
    2,434
    It's weird to be the devils advocate in this case waaldo, care to develop your thoughts about everyone being a TB fanboy on your argument?

  9. #989
    Those interviews...hilariously bad.

  10. #990
    Moderator Remilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Avatar:ぺこ
    Posts
    8,154
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Those interviews...hilariously bad.
    There is a point when you just don't say anything. This is one of em.

  11. #991
    Legendary! SirRobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Counciltucky
    Posts
    6,002
    Well maybe Brad McQuaid will share notes with him on what its like to be a banished developer.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

  12. #992
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Probably not, but he's an obvious fan boy or just a very mentally ill person. He constantly claims that people's opinion on the game and the developer is wrong(even when their right) and tries vigorously to defend the game.
    In his defense, it's never a bad idea to assume that someone is wrong until they can substantiate their claims. Especially considering the number of people who actually believed that the developers would tell a volunteer forum mod anything about their plans.

  13. #993
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    266
    Just wait for Day Z standalone instead of settling for this shit.
    Ex-top WoW PvE player, now playing LoL!

    Stream: www.twitch.tv/stripples

  14. #994
    Legendary! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,603
    The people who bought this game and continue to defend it vigilantly are not helping the gaming industry, even if you enjoy it im not asking you to ask for a well deserved refund, im asking you to go to their forums and shout it out across the net that they are nasty devs that have bad business practises. Otherwise the game wont get any better, they are literally doing downright illegal things to get money and people are still buying into it.

    If you want WarZ to improve then tell these devs that its completely unacceptable what they are doing.


    (im not bashing or anything im appealing to gamers who actually care about improving the industry / games, also im being overly nice because of a certain robot that likes to send messages all the time)
    Last edited by Tommo; 2012-12-20 at 03:50 AM.

  15. #995
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Well maybe Brad McQuaid will share notes with him on what its like to be a banished developer.
    Well, he's back working on Vanguard so...yeah...Still trying to figure that one out.

  16. #996
    Herald of the Titans Waaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,644
    Lmao, some people can be such dick heads on these forums, I have never called anyone a fanboy, all I said was that TB is a tool, and that "1st impression" was god awful. He started the gameplay hating the game.

    I do not support what the devs have done over the last 4 days or so, however I have been supporting this game from the beginning and this is the first time they have truly fucked up. So sorry I am trying to be optimistic about a game I enjoy playing. There are a lot of game that I despise that people will die for, so instead of bashing the hell out of it I just ignore the game and move on.

    What the company has done to the new Steam customers is atrocious, but all of the people who bought the game before Steam knew exactly what they were buying. The game is unfinished and being developed by a rather small and new company. I am not going to cry and beg for a refund for a game I enjoy playing just because the company has some shit PR (EA comes to mind).

    I have never EVER personally attacked someone in this thread, yet you can find my name in infracted posts all over the place. Some dude even said he wished I would die in a car accident. Serves me right, how dare I enjoy playing a game! And how dare I try and let other new comers give the game a fair shot! (mostly referring to my posts before the Steam epidemic)
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-12-20 at 04:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr
    I thought doing the toothpaste-tube-squeeze and vigorous shake was the "traditional" way.

  17. #997
    Pit Lord barackopala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Chile, Viña del Mar
    Posts
    2,434
    So... you're telling us you call TB a tool... after all the PR that sergei got on you (customers) as a tool for his "Big rig" project? woah. He started the gameplay telling facts about a shady game with a shady reputation that got released in a shady way, he's no good at the game and it's not a way to measure the GAMEPLAY of the game itself, but the WAY the game is done and comercialized.

    I supported D3 on the beta, I had hopes, but once you realize the ship is sinking there's no point on trying to save the ship, it's already on the big pile of junk undersea. It's not about randomly bashing "this game" or "that game", like what happened to a lot of games we've known (the WoW-GW2 / LoL-DotA discussions that are somewhat circlejerks) but those games are far distant from blatant moneygrabs or illegal issues that this game has (ToS taken from LoL - Abusive clause - Fake sponsoring (huehue 10km square map, you still beleive it's 100square after the info?)).

    So let's get this straight, you would go to a point of liking a company just 'cause it's a scam... it'd be like loving nixon for watergate.

  18. #998
    Herald of the Titans Waaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,644
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    So... you're telling us you call TB a tool... after all the PR that sergei got on you (customers) as a tool for his "Big rig" project? woah. He started the gameplay telling facts about a shady game with a shady reputation that got released in a shady way, he's no good at the game and it's not a way to measure the GAMEPLAY of the game itself, but the WAY the game is done and comercialized.
    Right, because a developer who made a shit game in his previous career can NEVER make a good game. That's great logic. If you try once and fail just fucking kill yourself cause you are a completely useless piece of shit at this point.

    Here are my quotes from a couple of pages back (bolded key parts for you)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    What a laughable review by TB. He did absolutely nothing but bash the graphics that entire video. I can understand him being angry/complaining about the information on Steam because it's completely false, but he only talked about that for a whopping 2 minutes (estimation) of his 40+ minute video.

    He calls the game boring because he crawls in prone for 6 minutes when there are no zombies anywhere around him, and then gets mad when he gets close to zombies and dies because he is shit at the game. He was complaining about the time it took to kill a zombie by hitting it in the stomach. Well, considering how the only way to kill the zombies is to hit them in the head, yeah I can see why he is having a problem there.

    Seriously, he gave a bad review because he can't stay alive. That's the whole fucking point of the game. He is bashing it because the game is to hard for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    I don't have to watch it again because I can play it. And I don't die to zombies (not like him at least) because I know how to play the game.
    And that is a great question "why would TB lie?"

    If you watch it again, he did absolutely NOTHING productive, he just ran around and died by zombies(he got PKd once, but it is an online game so what do you expect). If you play a game like WoW and never get past level 1 do you have the right to call it a shit game? Well that is exactly what TB just did.
    Are you seriously going to tell me I am wrong?

    I supported D3 on the beta, I had hopes, but once you realize the ship is sinking there's no point on trying to save the ship, it's already on the big pile of junk undersea. It's not about randomly bashing "this game" or "that game", like what happened to a lot of games we've known (the WoW-GW2 / LoL-DotA discussions that are somewhat circlejerks) but those games are far distant from blatant moneygrabs or illegal issues that this game has (ToS taken from LoL - Abusive clause - Fake sponsoring (huehue 10km square map, you still beleive it's 100square after the info?)).

    So let's get this straight, you would go to a point of liking a company just 'cause it's a scam... it'd be like loving nixon for watergate.
    The only thing that was lied about when I bought the game was really just the ToS from LoL (I still barely believe that's real, but it is definitely not a reason to not play the game. How many companies do you think actually write their ToS from scratch, lmao.). The map isn't 100 km2 but it sure as hell isn't 10. That guys math was extremely sketchy at best. If you have played the game, the map size is fine (I'm not saying their lying is okay, but I still like the game).

    Telling someone to kill themselves is not okay. Please cut down on the personal attacks.
    Last edited by Sj; 2012-12-20 at 04:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr
    I thought doing the toothpaste-tube-squeeze and vigorous shake was the "traditional" way.

  19. #999
    Legendary! SirRobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Counciltucky
    Posts
    6,002
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Well, he's back working on Vanguard so...yeah...Still trying to figure that one out.
    Well its not like he could get a job anywhere else. Remember when he tried to rehab his image with that blog? That flew like a lead balloon. Someone he knows at Sony took pity on him. Just like they took pity on him when they bought Sigil. I don't know who Brad exactly knows at Sony, but he sure as hell owes them, big time. Maybe Patrick Bowman can friend Brad's friend?

    Valve actually yanked his game from Steam's buyables? Has that actually ever happened before? It would simply be pathetic if it didn't also apparently raise, or perhaps lower in this case, the "bar."
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-12-20 at 04:26 AM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

  20. #1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Lmao, some people can be such dick heads on these forums, I have never called anyone a fanboy, all I said was that TB is a tool, and that "1st impression" was god awful. He started the gameplay hating the game.

    I do not support what the devs have done over the last 4 days or so, however I have been supporting this game from the beginning and this is the first time they have truly fucked up. So sorry I am trying to be optimistic about a game I enjoy playing. There are a lot of game that I despise that people will die for, so instead of bashing the hell out of it I just ignore the game and move on.

    What the company has done to the new Steam customers is atrocious, but all of the people who bought the game before Steam knew exactly what they were buying. The game is unfinished and being developed by a rather small and new company. I am not going to cry and beg for a refund for a game I enjoy playing just because the company has some shit PR (EA comes to mind).

    I have never EVER personally attacked someone in this thread, yet you can find my name in infracted posts all over the place. Some dude even said he wished I would die in a car accident. Serves me right, how dare I enjoy playing a game! And how dare I try and let other new comers give the game a fair shot! (mostly referring to my posts before the Steam epidemic)
    Summed up well. I like the game not a fan boy of either game. I agree putting it on steam saying it is complete is pretty stupid. But before this whole issue happened they did nothing wrong really, just some over promising but blizzard is known to do that a lot anyways heh. Basically they tried to beat Day Z to the punch for release and it kicked them in the ass but I like the game thought it played much better then the current Day Z. But if Day Z fixes all the flaws in the release I'll buy it until then both games are far from perfect.

    The TB review was just awful I honestly never had the issues he had. He just tried his best to bash the game however possible, says it is a complete clone when War Z added a sight/hearing system, better running system, and less bugs then Day Z has. ( like actual non derp zombies) He also just flat out sucked at it not playing it like a survival game like how you would play Day Z. I'll agree with him in the sense of basically they should not have put it on steam or at least said it is in beta. Otherwise it is coming along fine.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •