Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    We should get a MMO-Champ server going for the beta, with the Legend pack I get 6 months server time so if anyone is interested let me know

Kewk are you able to share any information on how the servers are going to work and what control the renter has over it? Such as if it can be Public/Private some Admin controls to kick/ban white/black listing, reserved slots etc.

I'm interested in renting my own server and just curious over how exactly it will work. Also what does it mean by "Be part of the game forever, become a Legend"? Can we expect something or am I just over thinking it?
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-10-04 at 11:18 PM.

Deleted
    Receiving blank page after purchasing, but so are many others.
    E-mailed their support, lets hope their answer times aren't too long.

Deleted
    heck, this morning i saw that info's mail and i was like "lolz! tell me that its a beta invite!!!" until i opened it and i saw that it was the pre-order announce and all the illusion had gone

Oh, and seeing the video where Kewk appears killing 2 guys... i hope they update the character animations, because when you see the guy that Kewk saved looking at the loot/weapons... its too weird, its the "idle animation" (which i hate a lot, its like if the character cant stay without moving a second) but with the char looking at the ground. I really really hope that its a placeholder and they will change it, because that animation is... well, it sux. A lot. Really.
    Last edited by mmoc1baaa4dbec; 2012-10-04 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    We should get a MMO-Champ server going for the beta, with the Legend pack I get 6 months server time so if anyone is interested let me know

Kewk are you able to share any information on how the servers are going to work and what control the renter has over it? Such as if it can be Public/Private some Admin controls to kick/ban white/black listing, reserved slots etc.

I'm interested in renting my own server and just curious over how exactly it will work. Also what does it mean by "Be part of the game forever, become a Legend"? Can we expect something or am I just over thinking it?
    We haven't announced what server controls are going to be available so I can' discuss it The legend part may be referring to your name being highlighted on leaderboards.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Receiving blank page after purchasing, but so are many others.
    E-mailed their support, lets hope their answer times aren't too long.
    PM me your email and I can check to see if your order went through. Most of the blank page ones never actually went through.

Quote Originally Posted by Kewk View Post
    We haven't announced what server controls are going to be available so I can' discuss it
    Understandable

Are there any plans on a small event for Halloween? Such as zombies eyes glowing red or 24hours of night?

Sorry for bombarding you with questions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoator View Post
    heck, this morning i saw that info's mail and i was like "lolz! tell me that its a beta invite!!!" until i opened it and i saw that it was the pre-order announce and all the illusion had gone
    titles are so misleading, beta acces information. No you cannot have any preorder 1st. Ok 1 time i can say ok. But now i just got 2 of that same mail sitting around in my mailbox. Instead just name the tile of the mail Warz Preorder bonus or something. And send it only once.

And no no intention on preordering or buying the game anymore. Will probaly just subscribe to a youtube channel and see what people play like.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What is the server hosting they were talking about in the beta email that was sent out?

Is that where you get your own instanced version of the world and can invite/allow people to play in the same instance with you (or something)?

(sorry, not much of a gamer outside of the few MMOs I already play).

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    What is the server hosting they were talking about in the beta email that was sent out?

Is that where you get your own instanced version of the world and can invite/allow people to play in the same instance with you (or something)?

(sorry, not much of a gamer outside of the few MMOs I already play).
    Not much information is known about the server hosting but imagine TF2/CSS/WoW/Minecraft servers but for War Z

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 04:47 AM ----------

Don't think this has been posted yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Are you looking for more people who aren't interested in PvPing, or is it a friends only server?

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 04:54 PM ----------

Here is the official announcement trailer:
    Oh it would definitely be available for people who dont want to pvp, I would just ban anyone who tried it I guess, I dont know much about how the servers work yet obviously Im quite excited by the idea of it, it was fun running a minecraft server, be interesting to know the 'modability' too, although it was a pita on minecraft it changes the game completely.
    Tbh though if there are people running larger 'pve' servers i think id just join that and save me the hassle :P
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2012-10-05 at 05:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought the legend pack for WarZ. I also bought packages for MechWarrior Online, FireFall, and End of Nations. I do not have a issue with paying before hand to get beta access and the game. If you look at the packages, you get some good stuff. The legend pack gives you six months of server along with $30 in game currency. Sounded like a good deal to me, and was reason why I bought it.

Deleted
    More recoil!

Deleted
    As soon as it is possible to host a server, i will probably host a public one for MMO champion, mostly for creating videos and talk about the game, so if you want to help improve it il post the IP and information in the main thread as soon as it is possible.

-Thank you guys for helping me maintain this thread.

-edit

Kewk, you are by far the worst actor when it comes to trying to roleplay in the video....! step it up naab! i mean you play WoW for god sake, king of roleplaying!
    Last edited by mmoc95246e56fb; 2012-10-05 at 09:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markdead View Post
    As soon as it is possible to host a server, i will probably host a public one for MMO champion, mostly for creating videos and talk about the game, so if you want to help improve it il post the IP and information in the main thread as soon as it is possible.

-edit

Kewk, you are by far the worst actor when it comes to trying to roleplay in the video....! step it up naab! i mean you play WoW for god sake, king of roleplaying!
    Im game for that

10+ Year Old Account

-edit

That server would be awesome!

Kewk is to busy singing Rick Astley.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Deleted
    New information released by sergey about strongholds read below, and as usual its on the front page!

What is STRONGHOLD ?
    To put it simply it's just a fancy name for a custom tailored server rentals. Our goal is to separate "gameworld" server rentals - ie when you rent server with 50-200 slots and choose one of the maps ( okay for now we have only one map available - COLORADO ), and "small worlds" - something more intimate for you, your friends, clan, etc to make this mini world your own home base.

How I can rent Stronghold ?
    When you click PLAY GAME, you'll see two buttons - MY SERVERS and MY STRONGHOLDS. On My Strongholds screen you'll see all available stronghold maps. There you'll be able to choose map, duration ( 1,3,6,12 months ) and number of slots ( 15,30,45 ). Survivor and Legend packages comes with 1 and 6 months of hosting for 15 slots. Discount will be applied automatically first time you rent stronghold server.

What are those maps ?
    They're much smaller maps - typically around 3-4 square kilometers in size with 1-2 "settlements" per map. Those "settlements" are planned to act as home base - for either single player or group of players. There're zombies spawned on outskirts of the map - so they're generally not a threat on those maps. But ! you can lure them into settlement.

Is there any loot on Stronghold maps ?
    There're few loot spawn locations, but loot is slightly different from what you'll get on main gameworld maps - very basic food items plus some unique "building" materials "local" to this stronghold map. We want to encourage players that runs different stronghold maps to barter with other players, eschanging building "blocks" that can be used to modify your map.

What can I do on the Stronghold map
    Short answer - whaterver you want. Lure other players into traps and kill then. Create a farm, farm food and sell it to other players. Create "safe heaven" for other players to just hang out. It's all basically restricted by your imagination.

Can I create my own business using Stronghold map ?
    Wow ! Didn't thought about it, but technically yes nothing prevent you from doing that.

10+ Year Old Account
    [B]New information released by sergey about strongholds read below, and as usual its on the front page!
    Snip..
    Huh? So let me get this straight, not only does a clan host a server, but they host a separate server to create a home base? Also how would you go about luring a survivor into your Stronghold? I mean ya it might happen at first, but people are going to quickly learn you dont go into a Stronghold of a random person. Anyone got any insight to what is posted above?

We implemented a bunch of changes (just now) to the purchase process. Things should be a lot better now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewk View Post
    We implemented a bunch of changes (just now) to the purchase process. Things should be a lot better now
    Even tho my payment went fine, i'm probably speaking for "thousands" of people if i say thank you

Yey ... I can use paysafe card =))
    They've just updated pay options

"We're happy to announce that we accept almost any payment method on the planet
    - lots of local currency payment options, cash payments, gift cards, prepaid game cards, etc,
    etc - check new payment options at http://www.thewarz.com/buy"

10+ Year Old Account
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.