Page 26 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Its far north, damn this NDA. We will have to wait until Guy Fawkes day until we can post images. Does the NDA even apply to maps?
    Aka the northern construction place, I have the same intentions for it .

Its far north, damn this NDA. We will have to wait until Guy Fawkes day until we can post images. Does the NDA even apply to maps?
    Near that black oval spot on the map? ( I assume it's a lake)

---------- Post added 2012-10-18 at 10:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolicious View Post
    Aka the northern construction place, I have the same intentions for it .
    Oh I have been there.. But noting spawned in that area for me.

Not too sure if the NDA applies to maps but better safe than sorry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SageKalzi View Post
    All you have to do is sprint away, get a decent distance (at least a couple houses away), hide behind ANYTHING, crouch walk around the house, usually the zombie will stop at the last point it saw you AKA the front of the object you hid behind. Works every time for me.

North-west? Place with the 4 watch towers that has nothing/no one/no zombies in it or around it?
    Thats the place, 4-5 people could hold that for a long time providing they had the right supplies.

Deleted
    again the NDA is void because of the terms of use being copied from LoL. It wont matter if you post up pictures or videos. There are hundreds of people already posting pics and vids on YT. None have been removed because they cant be.

I've been considering setting up a base in a forest on the outskirts of a town, people are likely to search buildings and I want to be unnoticed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    By the way.. Where is the helicopter or military encampment?
    there are no helicopters I'm afraid, and they dont plan to add any, or at least as far as i know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by triggy89 View Post
    again the NDA is void because of the terms of use being copied from LoL. It wont matter if you post up pictures or videos. There are hundreds of people already posting pics and vids on YT. None have been removed because they cant be.
    I read it today, LOL was not mentioned. What I agreed to was a standard TOS agreement, most games would use the same one, word for word.

---------- Post added 2012-10-19 at 12:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by triggy89 View Post
    there are no helicopters I'm afraid, and they dont plan to add any, or at least as far as i know.
    Yes there is, I can tell you have never played this game. Not flyable but it is still there.
    Last edited by mmoca51a6f9f4d; 2012-10-18 at 11:12 PM.

Thats the place, 4-5 people could hold that for a long time providing they had the right supplies.
    Agreed. I'm sure it will be a pretty highly contested area for new people with sniper rifles. I'm thinking I may not even travel to that area until I have binoculars and a sniper rifle once the game's launched, seems too risky. Would definitely be nice to have myself and a friend scout the area, crawl up on two opposite sides (SW & NE) and snipe them off. Definitely would never see what hit them.

I read it today, LOL was not mentioned. What I agreed to was a standard TOS agreement, most games would use the same one, word for word.
    Yup, I read it the day of and the day after and never saw any "League of Legends" in the wording. I even double checked the day after when I saw that original pic posted, it's not there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SageKalzi View Post
    Agreed. I'm sure it will be a pretty highly contested area for new people with sniper rifles. I'm thinking I may not even travel to that area until I have binoculars and a sniper rifle once the game's launched, seems too risky. Would definitely be nice to have myself and a friend scout the area, crawl up on two opposite sides (SW & NE) and snipe them off. Definitely would never see what hit them.
    A better option would be to hit it at night time using automatic weapons. Sneak in the main entrance which is at the north, all the towers are at the south. Even better if you have a buddy sniping the towers to draw their attention.

Deleted

---------- Post added 2012-10-19 at 12:10 AM ----------

Yes there is, I can tell you have never played this game. Not flyable but it is still there.
    yes they are there, sorry i thought you meant actually usable, ive seen footage of them but there are not plans to make them usable, that is what i thought the original question to be relating to, my misunderstanding there.

Ah i suppose it depends when you bought the game if it was only today then they only rectified the mistake i think yesterday evening. Everyone else who agreed to the original Terms of use will be in the clear unless they have been asked to re agree to a new set of terms of use. If not the first 20-30k have no obligation to adhere to the NDA hence the stream of videos appearing on YT in the last few days.

Deleted
    New update

- Invisible zombies GONE - hurrah !

- You will be able to use GLOBAL inventory only clause to VAULT in a safe settlement, eat this loot server hopping farmers

- As a temporary measure only ( while we're testing final safe settlement guards functionality ) we'll DISABLE any weapons within very big radius of safe settlement. So you can safely trade there or move stuff to your global stash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did they fix the zombies like they say they did on Facebook?(I can't log in right now to check for myself) They said they fixed the invisible desync thing, and the fact that they were getting stuck and running in place. It also is talking about safe settlements, is there one available to players?
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Deleted
    Where is this safe settlement you mentioned?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if this is a legal thing but someone posted it on the WarZ forums, It's a map with certain places labeled.
    http://www.maplib.net/fullmap.php?id=15281&legend=1
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Well this vault change makes thing's dangerous.

I would love to play on a server where people don't kill you on sight. PVP is okay, but not like it currently is where people instantly kill you for no reason. I wouldn't mind RPing a little. It's just hard to do that currently.

Depending on pricing and the admin controls I may have a server just like that.

What's the general consensus with regards to their updates thus far? From the outside looking in it sounds like they're doing a pretty decent job of things. But it's kinda hard to tell without experiencing it first hand.

They have fixed alot of issues relativly fast including a few major ones within only 3 days of Alpha which honestly is quite impressive.