Page 35 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soxfan849 View Post
    It's definitely nothing too special yet. The quality of the game is going to depend almost entirely on how much the developers are able to flesh it out over the next several months. I'm sure all the buildings will be accessible and there will be more loot, but I hope the missions and other features added will be enough to give me a reason to keep coming back.

Also I feel like the zombies are absolutely terrible so far. They're too few and far between, it's insane how easy it is to sneak around them, and even when one does come at you it just stands there and lets you beat it to death. I'm sure things will change when they throw infections into the mix, but I want them to be a significant threat, especially if you're all on your own.
    I'm with this... I'm usually in a group of 2+ and my friend will basically fight 5+ zombies by himself with no risk/danger while I loot/lookout, I find that's what helps make the game more of a PK fest.

On a side note rofl if anyone has VSS ammo i'll trade you for .308 ammo :P I know the wipe is coming soon, but I just don't wanna lose my favourite rifle.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

War Z - Waste of money?

Bought it today in hopes it was a more refined/smoother version of Day Z and was disappointed. After playing for about 2 hours I was able to find exactly ZERO weapons of ANY type, died 5 times to enemy players shooting me unarmed.

And if you ask in chat whats going on with it, people call you a noob for some reason. Which makes no sense, because I'm not sure how looking for stuff for 2 hours and not finding anything makes me a "noob", it just makes spawn rates awful.

Additionally, theres no auto run feature which is just ridiculous, and you can't bind toggle able crouch in game, apparently you have to do it at the main menu, which makes no sense either. Just small annoyances like that all added together.

So what do you guys think? I haven't been able to find anything out about it. Even looked up to try to see if I was missing something and I don't seem to be.

So, you played the game for 2 hours and you hate it?
    Please tell me how 3/4 of the Dayz playerbase felt with the first 2h of the game?
    I love dayz and I really like warz.
    But let me tell you something friend.
    1.) Judging a game while playing it only for 2 hours makes you an ...I really don't want to call you names.
    2.) Dayz vs Warz ( 2hours ) Are you F kidding me. I lost my mind playing dayz before I got the hang of it.
    3.) You couldn't find a weapon in 2h. Oh dear, maybe someone was looting the same exact place 5min infront of you. ( can also happen in dayz )
    4.) Auto run, really ... really? To bad there is no unlimited sprint right?
    5.) You died while unarmed? Wow, I have never seen that in any PVP game before.
    6.) And you say people are calling you "noob", take it like a man, since you kinda are a newbie at warz.
    7.) Judge a game by its community, better stop playing online videogames.

I can go on forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Epialt View Post
    So, you played the game for 2 hours and you hate it?
    Please tell me how 3/4 of the Dayz playerbase felt with the first 2h of the game?
    I love dayz and I really like warz.
    But let me tell you something friend.
    1.) Judging a game while playing it only for 2 hours makes you an ...I really don't want to call you names.
    2.) Dayz vs Warz ( 2hours ) Are you F kidding me. I lost my mind playing dayz before I got the hang of it.
    3.) You couldn't find a weapon in 2h. Oh dear, maybe someone was looting the same exact place 5min infront of you. ( can also happen in dayz )
    4.) Auto run, really ... really? To bad there is no unlimited sprint right?
    5.) You died while unarmed? Wow, I have never seen that in any PVP game before.
    6.) And you say people are calling you "noob", take it like a man, since you kinda are a newbie at warz.
    7.) Judge a game by its community, better stop playing online videogames.

I can go on forever.

I loved Day Z the first 2 hours i played it /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    I loved Day Z the first 2 hours i played it /shrug
    Your arguement really isn't strong at all.

It seems your comparing 2 hours of good luck in DayZ to 2 hours of bad luck in WarZ, basing anygame on 2 hours especially this type of game is incredibly unfair.

Communitys in games are rarely even good to begin with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Your arguement really isn't strong at all.
    2 hours is a generious for a game to give a first impression, depending on the game i can ggive my 1st impression if i am going to like a game within 15-60 minutes. well shortest is 1 minutes launched it saw a bad port , quited it. Can't remember what it was though

Wow... you're short sighted.
    If you buy a game and give it 15min-60min...
    You either have to be rich, a spoiled brat or a torrent fan.
    The point is, if you *BUY* it and give it 2 hours, it makes you look bad not the game itself.
    Like I said... rich, spoiled and now I'm adding one more: stupid ( buy the game without even "google > The warz" )
    I knew what I was going into before I pressed play the very 1st time.
    Last edited by Epialt; 2012-11-12 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onaturi View Post
    2 hours is a generious for a game to give a first impression, depending on the game i can ggive my 1st impression if i am going to like a game within 15-60 minutes. well shortest is 1 minutes launched it saw a bad port , quited it. Can't remember what it was though
    You only have 5 points all of which are petty there is no real judgement, I don't care if you continue to play or not it doesn't effect me but for your sake since it was your purchase not mine try to overlook them or get a refund as simple as that.

Bad community, all games have this.
    No auto-run, you really shoudnt be running all that much and holding shift down runs forward. It doesn't have to be pressed in combination with W.
    Lack of guns this comes down to luck.
    Dying whilst unarmed all games have unfair PvP such as ganking in wow.
    No toggled crouch, I'm not too sure why holding a button is too difficult.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-11-12 at 12:04 AM.

Deleted
    You only have 5 points

Bad community, all games have this.
    No auto-run, you really shoudnt be running all that much and holding shift down runs forward. It doesn't have to be pressed in combination with W.
    Lack of guns this comes down to luck.
    Dying whilst unarmed all games have unfair PvP such as ganking in wow.
    No toggled crouch, I'm not too sure why holding a button is too difficult.
    read i didn't make those points i just pointed out to you that 2 hours to judge a game on first impressions is generous

Wow... you're short sighted.
    If you buy a game and give it 15min-60min...
    You either have to be rich, a spoiled brat or a torrent fan.
    The point is, if you *BUY* and give it 2 hours, it makes you look bad not the game itself.
    Like I said... rich, spoiled and now I'm adding one more: stupid ( so I bought a game without even "google > The warz" )
    I know what I was going into before I pressed play the very 1st time.
    did i insult you? no. If a game looks bad i either return it. Or maybe i play it at a later date again just to see if my impressions changed. And mostly i just check stuff before i buy it, but still a first impression of a game is done for me atleast within a hour. And you can only get that kind of impression when you experience it yourself. So go ahead bash what you like, but its still a valid argument
    Last edited by mmoc7c0806276b; 2012-11-12 at 12:09 AM.

read i didn't make those points i just pointed out to you that 2 hours to judge a game on first impressions is generous.
    My apologies I mistook you for the original poster. Yes 2 hours is generous but with the points that are being made it really isn't.

There is no judgement on the gameplay features, controls or graphics. All the points that were made by Alcsaar are incredibly petty and are basically variables in games that can hardly be controlled by the developers.

Besides this point it is Alpha and I'm sure if it was suggested for a auto-run/toggled crouch with enough support it will be brought in.

did i insult you? no. If a game looks bad i either return it. Or maybe i play it at a later date again just to see if my impressions changed. And mostly i just check stuff before i buy it, but still a first impression of a game is done for me atleast within a hour. And you can only get that kind of impression when you experience it yourself. So go ahead bash what you like, but its still a valid argument
    Look I didn't mean to offend you directly or even bash you like it may have seemed.
    I just don't understand how you can buy an MMO and hate it in 15-60mins.
    And the thing is not even finished yet.
    I mean, I know it has a lot of space to improve, I'm not some kind of fan boy that doesn't care what other people say.
    Even if you bashed some other game that I don't like as much, I would have said the same thing.

Deleted
    My apologies I mistook you for the original poster. Yes 2 hours is generous but with the points that are being made it really isn't.

There is no judgement on the gameplay features, controls or graphics. All the points that were made by Alcsaar are incredibly petty and are basically variables in games that can hardly be controlled by the developers.

Besides this point it is Alpha and I'm sure if it was suggested for a auto-run/toggled crouch with enough support it will be brought in.
    still those variables as petty as they are can give a person a lesser experience. For example games that do not let me keybind ingame are usually a nono for me. As got really used to my own controls. And a bad community overall can break someones experience aswell. and well the original 1 said him self all are small annoyances added together that made the game less fun for him.

Look I didn't mean to offend you directly or even bash you like it may have seemed.
    I just don't understand how you can buy an MMO and hate it in 15-60mins.
    And the thing is not even finished yet.
    I mean, I know it has a lot of space to improve, I'm not some kind of fan boy that doesn't care what other people say.
    Even if you bashed some other game that I don't like as much, I would have said the same thing.
    is it really a mmo? They call it that but how many players are there per server 40 players? Its multiplayer but not massive. Still agains its 1st impressions you get in a game. Also in real life. And there its even shorter if your meeting a new person you judge that person in the 1st minute on how he/she looks. Same for a game how does it look.

but derailling this is more about games in general, like you said yourself it needs polish. For me at the moment the warz is not my game and so is for another. Maybe at a later stage my impressions of it will change, unfortunatly a 1st impression cannot
    Last edited by mmoc7c0806276b; 2012-11-12 at 12:22 AM.

still those variables as petty as they are can give a person a lesser experience. For example games that do not let me keybind ingame are usually a nono for me. As got really used to my own controls. And a bad community overall can break someones experience aswell. and well the original 1 said him self all are small annoyances added together that made the game less fun for him.
    Most Alphas actually don't even let you keybind at all so atleast having a option on the main menu is a blessing.
    The community in-game chat is easily ignored especially if you play with friends.

If I were to compare my first 2 hours of DayZ to WarZ it would be unfair due to being killed 20 times on the shoreline by a sniper (I changed servers after each death) and having others yell over the mic in-game.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-11-12 at 12:22 AM.

You people are crazy, two hours is more than enough time to decide if what you're doing is fun or not.

Hook players in the first ten minutes or your game sucks, end of story.

(I should note that I do not play DayZ, or WarZ, and as such, have no 'faction affiliation' with either.)

Quote Originally Posted by Thrage View Post
    You people are crazy, two hours is more than enough time to decide if what you're doing is fun or not.

Hook players in the first ten minutes or your game sucks, end of story.

(I should note that I do not play DayZ, or WarZ, and as such, have no 'faction affiliation' with either.)
    I'm not saying two hours isn't enough I'm saying the points that he made are incredibly petty.

I play it but I certainly woudn't call myself a fan but if your using "No autorun" and "No toggled crouch "as a reason to you not enjoying it I'm really curious on what games you play as that really limits the amount that are open to you.

I'm also curious on what exactly he said in chat, I'm yet to even see the word noob mentioned without any provoking. Weapons are very abundant it just comes down to luck and where you search.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-11-12 at 01:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enough with the personal jabs and bickering.
    Stop going into War Z vs DayZ.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe there are gamers who still don't know what an alpha is.

On a positive note; their new hacker-prevention-system seems to be working great, as I have not seen/heard about any hackers.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    I can't believe there are gamers who still don't know what an alpha is.

On a positive note; their new hacker-prevention-system seems to be working great, as I have not seen/heard about any hackers.

neither Do the guys over at WarZ- it was supposed to go to Beta on the 31th and its now the 12th and its still in alpha- Its like the blind leading the blind over there.

And wow, jeez We get it you love this game more than your family and it could never do any wrong in your eyes - You have really set your standards low- dude

Please refrain from personal attacks.
    Last edited by Sj; 2012-11-14 at 12:35 AM.

I tried it out this weekend with the guest pass provided by Waaldo (thanks again!) Some things I noted:

Not having a "go to crouch" holding your crouch button down and move is not fun. (Unless I missed it somewhere). Also having to hold down a sprint button, not a fan of that as well.
    The graphics are ok, different style no real issues with that.
    The crouch and run animations aren't very good.
    The zoom to look seems to fast to me. I never found a weapon so can't comment on the iron sights for those.

My first spawn I got to one of the cities and it was nothing but guys camped out on top of buildings killing any and everybody. I was able to avoid the bandits but ended up dying later to a zombie. Once you run out of sprint your kinda screwed.

Another time I ran into a bunch of fresh spawns, everyone seemed to let you be. One guy was fighting a zombie, I went in and helped him only to die to his flashlight as soon as I turned my back. Pretty much the whole weekend was being killed by everyone with or without weapons.

I will keep an eye on their progress, but won't be buying it anytime soon.

Deleted
    Hehe, I bought this game a couple of days ago, to be specific; Friday.

And I must say, this game is really awesome if you have friends to play with.

We have been pretty unlucky when it comes to farming for items, but yesterday we did hit the motherload, we found some random guy running to a safezone, we then proceeded to gun him down and see what guns/whatever he had.

And he had everything, 50+ antibiotics, 150+ painkillers, 200+ bandages, snipers/assault rifles/pistols all with a couple of mags, Alice Backpack.

EVERYTHING!

Cant wait to see this game later in development :>