Page 42 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Wow that is a whole wall of text rage and hatred, I can see you turning red with anger at the mere thought of this game, and yet you accuse waaldo of one sidedness lol. Basically this post of hatred resorts to calling us, the playerbase as idiots and a whole load of twaddle about arse raping. You get the reward for angriest person on mmo right now, go smoke a joint and come back with some valid points, not crap like warz stole foundation from day z twaddle. Yet to see a hacker in game, yet to see any evidence of this collapse, its all your strange deluded little opinion. One for the ignore list.

That's enough. This thread is about the game, not the company. There's no room for conspiracy theories and insults.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm only going to reply to ones ones that done refer to me having a small brain, because when someone has to insult you to make their point, it is usually never a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by triggy89
    No people did not know what they were getting into, they wouldnt be raging as much as they are now if it was clear from the start what the actual game timeline was, rather than somthing sergey pulled out of his ass. They are making it as they go along with little or no roadmap, hence the slew of missed promises.
    People have been raging on the forums since they bought the game, not because they company didn't tell them what they were buying, but because they didn't read what the company had to say. I have been following this game since the day they announced it, and so far I have yet to be disappointed. There are obviously a lot of things that they are talking about that isn't in the game yet, but assuming that the company is just blowing steam out their ass is what your problem is. Every time they say they are working on something you pull out the conspiracy theory card. Have some faith in the company, and this can be a great game. Just because Sergey made some stupid comments doesn't mean the company is complete shit. They are obviously trying.

they continually posted pictures of spawling cities with zombie hordes, ok maybe not an outright promise, but definetly made people believe that the screenshots of them would be indicative of what was going to be in the game
    I can agree with this one, they did make it seem like there were going to be a lot more zombie. But as of right now there are no zombies in Boulder City(?) so when they add them hopefully it will be like what you see in those pictures. I also think those pictures were more of someone running around and picking up all of the zombies in the area. I have seen people, in game, running away with 20+ zombies chasing them.

How soon? They mentioned it frequently in the build up as something that would be added very swiftly.
    About the vehicles, they said they were already in their build of the game, but they weren't quite ready to be released to public, IIRC.

The world feels unreal, boulder city only had ONE enter-able building to start with ONE and the rest of the map is just as bad
    That was on the day of release, only a couple of days later they opened up every single building. I don't think there is a single one in Boulder City that is not enterable right now.

Again you need to read the froums, he said they were going to implement a bandit system whereby you could hunt down bandits for a bounty etc ( i think it was in the same post about the NPS's who shoot at bandits)
    That's why I said there wee no benefits/consequences, but they have mentioned it many times that they will be adding that, and that will definitely help with the PKing.

<hackers>
    Their hacking system is definitely working, it is not perfect, but it is working. Before I couldn't even log in without getting shot by someone under-ground. But Since they updated the anti-cheat I don't see any hackers. I'm not saying they aren't there, but when they are it is all new hacks. Every time someone makes a new hack the company has to write a new code to ban/detect that one. So it is expected for there to be many hackers in Alpha, but by the time the release comes there will be no more hacks to make. The reason it doesn't perma-ban the first time is because they are still getting false positives. I would rather them temp ban people in alpha then have people getting permanently banned in the release for not doing anything wrong.

Really a date on that? As i was aware stronghold server were meant to be implemented in beta which was oh....wait meant to be what was it over a month and a half ago
    It still isn't in beta.
    http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread...team-version-! This is a post from the WarZ forums which outlines their plans for the release of pretty much everything.

that ammo and attachments would NOT be in the market place. they said it would be "purely cosmetic items". My main point was about the pay to win, something when i mentioned it a month ago you said that it would never move to, yet they have, and oh you didnt mention that....
    They did say it would only be cosmetic, and that bugs me. However, the attachment's don't make much of a difference. The only really useful attachment is the silencer and I don't think you can buy that one in the cash store (don't tell me I have a small brain if I'm wrong, that is why I said I think) The ammo is definitely a problem and I hope they change that, but that alone is not enough to make me hate the game.

But i will berrate idiots who see fit to defend a company as corrupt as hammerpoint. THAT is where you are getting mixed up
    I had to comment on this one because you made a very good point, you say hammerpoint is corrupt, but they aren't. The only specific person you have made comments about it Sergey. Like I said above, Sergey has definitely done/said some stupid things, but that does NOT mean that the entire company is corrupt. There are a lot of people working there that don't talk on the forums just like every company, all of those people are trying to make a living and support family. To say that they are all corrupt because of a couple of stupid comments is ridiculous. I have no problem with you not wanting to play/support the game because of Sergey, but stop trying to drag down the whole company with you.

Some of us like the game. If you don't like it, fine, but there is no reason to try and ruin everyone else's fun, just move on to a new game. You obviously have your mind set and nothing I (or anyone else for that matter) say or do will change your mind about that, so this is the last reply I am making.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-12-06 at 03:16 PM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Deleted
    Well done waaldo that's how you put a point across concise, restrained and informed not ranting at people who chose to support and like a game and the people who develop it.

I just need to see more development before I can back this game, I tend not to get involved in betas, always feels wrong to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    snip
    Firstly Sergey is the company, he is the LEAD programmer, the driving force behind the project and the figurehead. pretty much what you are saying is you are happy to be continually fucked over in the hope things will get better despite EVERYTHING staring you in the face. Now if you like the game i will not berate you for that, that is your prerogative, bu,t supporting this company is something i am amazed you can still do, because the majority of the community no longer does, it seems to be reaching critical mass.

Either way i am not going to reiterate anything else as you simply say well yes that annoys me but.....so in essence you know these things have happened yet you choose to turn a blind eye and dont mind getting outright lied to. I will happily make a bet with you now, if even half of these promises are carried out before the new year ( the to be released in december) do happen, i will buy the game and i will line the pockets of that dishonest little money grabber, just to prove a point and i will not post a word on this forum again. Also if this game is not dead by Next June, i will spend $50 in their marketplace

Also there is no anti hack system, i am sorry but to think there is is just laughable, found this a few hours ago.....

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...volving_war_z/

it is the common theme of almost every facebook and rage post on the forums, "sort out the hackers". You must be the 0.00000001% who does not see hackers on a regular basis.

Also if their anti hack system was so full proof why are they having to add another one....? (going on the link you send me) Sergey pretty much admits it isnt even an anti hack system "replace existing system - that still most of the time ( is wallhack or ESP is used ) rely on humans to ban cheaters - which can take day or two"

That isn't an anti hack system, that is getting admins to ban them manually..... doesn't sound 98% effective to me.....

One final note, i highly HIGHLY doubt they will get onto steam. Sergey has said it is confirmed but i doubt a company like steam would allow it. Maybe in 2003 when they first released, but not now. I doubt any large company would touch it with a 10 foot barge poll given the terrible press its getting as of late, but hell i could be wrong on that.
    Last edited by mmoce78a54d14a; 2012-12-06 at 05:44 PM.

Deleted
    Another poster who's opinion is the majority, throwing in the word majority is not evidence,you have none, you have no idea the number of sales you have no idea the number of returns you have no idea the number of people who do or do not enjoy this game. just another forum poster who has an over inflated sense that their stance is the correct one. I decided to go read the war z forums, its like the guild wars 2 one here a handful of people lining up its coffin, proclaiming its dead with nothing to back it up and the rest just enjoying it.

I got a question maybe anyone can answer if you buy something from the "Marketplace" like lets just say the backpack when you die do you still get when you revive your guy or no, that or does someone else gets your item that you bought with real money?

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    He already came out in a video linked earlier in the thread and said he was lying in that post and apologized for it.
    oooh okay thanks

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 07:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nurseman View Post
    News just in, Prince William marries Kate middleton! Seriously though read the rest of the thread before posting, the same guy already came out as a fat liar.

Edge beat me to it.
    news just in I don't follow the thread everyday but felt it was worth sharing false or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by herbert93 View Post
    I got a question maybe anyone can answer if you buy something from the "Marketplace" like lets just say the backpack when you die do you still get when you revive your guy or no, that or does someone else gets your item that you bought with real money?
    Someone else gets it from the little ive bought.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 08:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Minrolol View Post
    news just in I don't follow the thread everyday but felt it was worth sharing false or not.
    Not that it matters but the same page you posted in was the same page we were discussing it :P
    Last edited by mmoc80aa88b997; 2012-12-06 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by triggy89 View Post
    it is the common theme of almost every facebook and rage post on the forums, "sort out the hackers". You must be the 0.00000001% who does not see hackers on a regular basis.
    Just because I feel like bringing math into it, for your percent to be right, 10 billion people would need to be seeing hackers on a regular basis. My point is, tone down the rhetoric and start at least trying to be reasonable. Calm down, stop with the hyperboles and insults, and base your arguments on facts and logic instead of rage posts. Fun fact: people complain about cheating in video games all the time, even when it's not happening. Plenty of people have trouble accepting the fact that they were beaten fairly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soxfan849 View Post
    Fun fact: people complain about cheating in video games all the time, even when it's not happening. Plenty of people have trouble accepting the fact that they were beaten fairly.
    I shot him in the back and he turned around and killed me instantly, he must be cheating. Sure I was aiming at his feet and him at my head but that's irrelevant.

Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by soxfan849 View Post
    Just because I feel like bringing math into it, for your percent to be right, 10 billion people would need to be seeing hackers on a regular basis. My point is, tone down the rhetoric and start at least trying to be reasonable. Calm down, stop with the hyperboles and insults, and base your arguments on facts and logic instead of rage posts. Fun fact: people complain about cheating in video games all the time, even when it's not happening. Plenty of people have trouble accepting the fact that they were beaten fairly.
    Wise advice indeed, only 10 posts I look forward to seeing more

Deleted
    So, realistically speaking, can we expect vehicles soonish? It's the only thing holding me back from buying it, as it can be a right pain in the arse to traverse maps like this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    So, realistically speaking, can we expect vehicles soonish? It's the only thing holding me back from buying it, as it can be a right pain in the arse to traverse maps like this.
    January-February 2013
    - 5-6 stronghold maps to be added to the game
    - Driveable Vehicles
    - Melee fist fights
    - Player defined missions !
    So expect them March/April :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nurseman View Post
    So expect them March/April :P
    Thanks a lot!

10+ Year Old Account
    It does suck having to wait so long for vehicles, I just hope they keep coming with regular updates, especially after the most recent ones.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    Few new things went up!!!
    WAR Z ON STEAM!!!
    And patch notes that haven't been put up yet.

Improved the weapon damage model.
    Players are no longer able to create names with spaces in front of them.
    Items that you drop on the ground now last 10 minutes down from 30.
    Fixed a bug with Assault Rifles an Sniper rifles that caused them to do less damage at low range.
    Added a crosshair to TPS mode.
    Added more zombies and more zombie spawns.
    Players are no longer able to climb walls or buildings
    Updated our physics engine which should fix a lot of crash issues.
    Fixed an issue with attaching stanag clips to weapons.

I just saw this game on steam and had never heard of it or DayZ. I am interested but some of the things I've been reading have been very conflicting. To those who both like/hate this game - what are some of the pros/cons? I'm considering buying it, and even though it's not that expensive, I just want some opinions from players (good and bad). What would you rate it? Would you suggest me buying it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant believe the game is only $13.49 on Steam! Errr!

On a positive note: http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread...s!!!!-Pictures

I haven't played in a couple of days so I logged on just now and tried to sneak through a town with only a flashlight as a weapons.... It doesn't work well but I ended up getting some great screenshots :}
    (click to make them bigger)

At the end they just all stacked up on top of each other after running around for a bit.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-12-18 at 03:07 AM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    I just saw this game on steam and had never heard of it or DayZ. I am interested but some of the things I've been reading have been very conflicting. To those who both like/hate this game - what are some of the pros/cons? I'm considering buying it, and even though it's not that expensive, I just want some opinions from players (good and bad). What would you rate it? Would you suggest me buying it?
    It's pretty fun, but it's not something you can play if you need a solid goal. Personally, I like it and especially if you play with a small group of friends the game can be very fun. A lot of people hate on the game because it's a "rip-off" of Day Z, but I think competition is so good for any genre so I could care less and once servers and stronghold server hosting is up you wont have to deal with anyone you don't want to so the game will appeal to solitary people aswell.