Page 47 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's kind of interesting if you want to scan the earlier pages on this thread to see what was being talked about to what actually materialized upon release.

I seem to remember screenshots of someone driving a car, people in hazmat suits removing body bags, skill trees, bounties for bandits, et cetera.

What, exactly, happened to all of that?

From all appearances it looks like they were a bit overambitious (putting it mildly).

Not to mention the game ending up cheaper at release than when they started accepting payments way back in October or so.
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2012-12-19 at 04:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    After having a quick peak they've changed Private Servers to a 2013 release?
    Am I reading that right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zxxz View Post
    It was too many because they promised map size was 400km2 then it was reduces to 160km2 for testing purposes and would increase over time, Full game release size is 72km2 lol and 50 player servers - was going to be 250 but that would just be insane in a map smaller than my garden

It was reduced because their toybox joke of an engine and the devs skill level couldn't get it to work, So the map became tiny and so did the servers..

But it pointless arguing with you, lets just see where the game is when Dayz SA is out and BoreZ is selling everything from guns and sexy time with your sister
    The map is well over 100km2 but people keep throwing out random numbers and other people keep blindly repeating it. You know your biased when you are comparing a game that doesn't exist, and calling the other game BoreZ when you probably have never played it, you just watched TB and is fuck all review.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    It's kind of interesting if you want to scan the earlier pages on this thread to see what was being talked about to what actually materialized upon release.

I seem to remember screenshots of someone driving a car, people in hazmat suits removing body bags, skill trees, bounties for bandits, et cetera.

What, exactly, happened to all of that?

From all appearances it looks like they were a bit overambitious (putting it mildly).

Not to mention the game ending up cheaper at release than when they started accepting payments way back in October or so.
    Those pictures were taken in the WarInc engine with WarInc models... YEP WarZ is a WarInc mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    The map is well over 100km2 but people keep throwing out random numbers and other people keep blindly repeating it. You know your biased when you are comparing a game that doesn't exist, and calling the other game BoreZ when you probably have never played it, you just watched TB and is fuck all review.
    Man when you see water reflection fucked up showing a car sign on the water you know it won't end up well... a flying backpack? dying to a small slope? 4hr respawn with rl money? You don't have to be blind to see al the bullshit that came with this game, neither to be a TB fanboy or anyone else. It's like trying to defend atari's 2600 ET.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    "For us" no... just don't, he just did it because he knew he would het in a fuckton of troubles after the fake promises and a possible lawsuit.
    He could still get one for his ToS that he took from LoL LOLOLOLOLOLOL.
    I said he lower it for us, not raised it. Read what I said before replying to it. There won't be a lawsuit for saying "up to 100 players" it's not a lie.

That ToS is probably photoshopped, I read that the first day the game came out and it said nothing about LoL. They sold hundreds of thousands of copies that day and only 1 person took a SS of it? yeah, right.

Move along.

Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    I said he lower it for us, not raised it. Read what I said before replying to it. There won't be a lawsuit for saying "up to 100 players" it's not a lie.

That ToS is probably photoshopped, I read that the first day the game came out and it said nothing about LoL. They sold hundreds of thousands of copies that day and only 1 person took a SS of it? yeah, right.
    No, the ToS is not photoshopped lol. Yeah everyone reads the ToS LOLOLOL, please... stop fooling yourself. There canl be a lawsuit for false advertising, the steam page was blatantly lying about their stuff.
    Oh let's not forget about Kewk and the forum "Regulation" closing threads about the human declaration of rights, 'cuz that's offensive ~ LOL
    Last edited by barackopala; 2012-12-19 at 04:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, the ToS is not photoshopped lol. Yeah everyone reads the ToS LOLOLOL, please... stop fooling yourself. There canl be a lawsuit for false advertising, the steam page was blatantly lying about their stuff.
    Oh let's not forget about Kewk and the forum "Regulation" closing threads about the human declaration of rights, 'cuz that's offensive ~ LOL
    I didn't say everyone read it. A couple hundred thousand, and only 1 person read it and took a screenshot, yeah, I'm the one fooling myself. The steam page didn't lie because all of that stuff will be in the game, they just advertised it wrong, and they fixed it.

Was the thread talking about human declaration of rights, or did it say "here is how you get a refund"? There is nothing wrong with a thread saying you are entitled to a refund, but you actually give the steps of how to do it is against their rules.

Move along.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am both amazed and horrified that people are still trying to defend this game/company....wake up! They LIED to you, you can see it very plainly on the steam page. They gave you a bowl of garbage and you're eating it like fine caviar. I know most games have a certain percentage of rabid fans...but this is ridiculous.

I am very disappointed in the initial version that is being sold. I had very high hopes for a fun sandbox zombie survival game...I really need to learn not to buy into hype. Thank god I didn't buy it, feel bad for my buddy who did though. He was kind enough to let me try it out before I decided if I was going to buy a copy, it felt like a beta at best.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't say everyone read it. A couple hundred thousand, and only 1 person read it and took a screenshot, yeah, I'm the one fooling myself. The steam page didn't lie because all of that stuff will be in the game, they just advertised it wrong, and they fixed it.

Was the thread talking about human declaration of rights, or did it say "here is how you get a refund"?
    The thread talked about the delcatarion itself, which is an argument to get a refund, it's stupid how offended this company is about getting refunds.

This game is clearly a vaporware that was made after a MOD of their own FREE TO PLAY GAME.

The steam page was clearly lying, the game was supposed to be fully operational, with all it's "perks" THAT DONT WORK, did you EVEN watch the steam page getting edited like every 6 hrs? the declarations from sergei after the interview with gamespy? it's blatantly obvious that it was a way to get an easy money grab.

If the game said "WE'RE ON FUNDATION PROCESS" or some kind of that information THAT WOULD NOT BE A LIE, instead they charged you full price for a "beta" game (they say it's not, but it clearly is) with a small map that is luckily 100km square (just one map), no private servers (again, lying). Please, don't keep lying to yourself, you can say you enjoy the game, but it's a blatant money grab with shady marketing.

-How can a guide on how to get a refund against the rules if it's our right as consumers to get our money back on a product that was a lie and didn't deliver to expectations? it has happened with all big games, happened with WoW/GW2 and even retail games, quote:

"Your legal rights:
    Hammerpoint Interactive is a US based company and ALL purchases made from or through them MUST adhere to the US Federal Trade Comission Act. This act protects users from FALSE ADVERTISING, FRAUD, and DECEITFUL BUSINESS PRACTICES. If you feel you are victim to any of these, you are 100% within your right to file a complaint through the FTC.gov"

It's against "the rules" showing that you have rights? this is blatant BS. And it's even ILLEGAL to sign a ToS that disallows you to get refunds.

About your doubt on the "Photoshop of the ToS":
    -http://gdinews.com/2012/10/warz-borrows-terms-of-service-from-league-of-legends/

WarZ copies DayZ reddit theme:
    -http://i.imgur.com/xIBDy.jpg?1
    Last edited by barackopala; 2012-12-19 at 04:57 PM.

Didn't you guys learn anything with Diablo3? They are going to add all those things at later patches so they can "put more content" out to the players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    Didn't you guys learn anything with Diablo3? They are going to add all those things at later patches so they can "put more content" out to the players.
    It's not about D3 "adding things" issue, they didn't lie, the game was fully launched and didn't lie on the product, if the product was bad it's not due to them lying about the state of the game, in this case, we're in front of a game that does illegal stuff, steals and even lies to you. D3 didn't lie on it's premises.

It's not about D3 "adding things" issue, they didn't lie, the game was fully launched and didn't lie on the product, if the product was bad it's not due to them lying about the state of the game, in this case, we're in front of a game that does illegal stuff, steals and even lies to you. D3 didn't lie on it's premises.
    Didn't have PVP! (which they said they would)

I admit it's a poor comparison though, sorry. However, it just goes to show a game can have top sales (steam or fastest selling PC game) and still be shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    Didn't have PVP! (which they said they would)

I admit it's a poor comparison though, sorry.
    They said they would and then when they realised they couldn't implement it said they wouldn't two months before it's release.
    I can't remember how set in stone they made it out to be before then as I don't recall it being advertised with it. Even then not everybody accepted it.

This is different as up until WarZ's release it was advertised and (and still was after release for a while) as having said features.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-12-19 at 05:15 PM.

Deleted
    There's nothing I can say that hasn't been said. :L

False promises.
    Mis-information.
    Flat out lying.
    Ugly, ugly graphics that look pre 2002.
    I could go on.

Before anyone else points out "TB fanboy". Note these are simple facts, all TB did was point them out to his viewers. Yes I watch his channel but it's irrelevant. The issues with the game are solid -facts-. And the recent gamespy article just...I can't believe how arrogant, ignorant and plain douche-baggy the Hammerpoint rep was.

http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-war-z/1226980p1.html for those that missed it. Their mascot at the bottom sums it up pretty well:
    Wow. Did he say... wow. For once, I'm speechless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranorack View Post
    Before anyone else points out "TB fanboy".
    I really wouldn't worry if somebody says that, if the only way they can defend their opinion is by attacking the other user then you can tell their opinion hasn't got much substance.

I posted it earlier but you should read the rockpapershotgun article on that interview as it's a pretty good summary.
    It's shocking how the dev blames the consumer for misreading the game's features even when they are clear as day and that he's just being obtuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.pcgamesn.com/article/how-big-war-zs-map

so... i heard it was between 100 to 400....... sergei said it was 100sqm, so it should be BETWEEN 100-400.. but it ends up being barely 10 lol?
    Last edited by barackopala; 2012-12-19 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    I really wouldn't worry if somebody says that, if the only way they can defend their opinion is by attacking the other user then you can tell their opinion hasn't got much substance.

I posted it earlier but you should read the rockpapershotgun article on that interview as it's a pretty good summary.
    It's shocking how the dev blames the consumer for misreading the game's features even when they are clear as day and that he's just being obtuse.
    Holy crap, someone finally made an intelligent reply. The world is truly going to end.

Deleted
    Fair does, just once I made a thread on the EU WoW forums discussing a POINT he made, rather than him. But it got derailed into a TB hate thread, even though I just wanted to discuss a single point he made...seems the second you mention his name people will ignore anything else you're saying and claim you're an arse kisser when you just happen to agree with some of his points.

OT: They believe that the number of negative comments on the game are a "Small minority" and that people "Miss-interpreted" what was written on the steam page.

...One look at the steam and WarZ community boards will say otherwise. And it's hard to miss-interpret something that's written and declared in a SOLID way under KEY FEATURES and GAME INFORMATION.

:L

Definitely not a small minority, it's gotten attention from Forbes: http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain...ease-on-steam/

Also the steam admins are overriding Kewk's 'control' over at The War Z's Steam forum and are asking people to come forward with evidence that they were subjected to overzealous moderation.
    Last edited by Samoflange; 2012-12-19 at 06:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Holy crap, someone finally made an intelligent reply. The world is truly going to end.
    Mayan's were two days off .

WarZ is no longer available on Steam. This is great!
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-12-19 at 06:33 PM.