Page 50 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well maybe Brad McQuaid will share notes with him on what its like to be a banished developer.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Probably not, but he's an obvious fan boy or just a very mentally ill person. He constantly claims that people's opinion on the game and the developer is wrong(even when their right) and tries vigorously to defend the game.
    In his defense, it's never a bad idea to assume that someone is wrong until they can substantiate their claims. Especially considering the number of people who actually believed that the developers would tell a volunteer forum mod anything about their plans.

Deleted
    Just wait for Day Z standalone instead of settling for this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Well maybe Brad McQuaid will share notes with him on what its like to be a banished developer.
    Well, he's back working on Vanguard so...yeah...Still trying to figure that one out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lmao, some people can be such dick heads on these forums, I have never called anyone a fanboy, all I said was that TB is a tool, and that "1st impression" was god awful. He started the gameplay hating the game.

I do not support what the devs have done over the last 4 days or so, however I have been supporting this game from the beginning and this is the first time they have truly fucked up. So sorry I am trying to be optimistic about a game I enjoy playing. There are a lot of game that I despise that people will die for, so instead of bashing the hell out of it I just ignore the game and move on.

What the company has done to the new Steam customers is atrocious, but all of the people who bought the game before Steam knew exactly what they were buying. The game is unfinished and being developed by a rather small and new company. I am not going to cry and beg for a refund for a game I enjoy playing just because the company has some shit PR (EA comes to mind).

I have never EVER personally attacked someone in this thread, yet you can find my name in infracted posts all over the place. Some dude even said he wished I would die in a car accident. Serves me right, how dare I enjoy playing a game! And how dare I try and let other new comers give the game a fair shot! (mostly referring to my posts before the Steam epidemic)
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-12-20 at 04:00 AM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... you're telling us you call TB a tool... after all the PR that sergei got on you (customers) as a tool for his "Big rig" project? woah. He started the gameplay telling facts about a shady game with a shady reputation that got released in a shady way, he's no good at the game and it's not a way to measure the GAMEPLAY of the game itself, but the WAY the game is done and comercialized.

I supported D3 on the beta, I had hopes, but once you realize the ship is sinking there's no point on trying to save the ship, it's already on the big pile of junk undersea. It's not about randomly bashing "this game" or "that game", like what happened to a lot of games we've known (the WoW-GW2 / LoL-DotA discussions that are somewhat circlejerks) but those games are far distant from blatant moneygrabs or illegal issues that this game has (ToS taken from LoL - Abusive clause - Fake sponsoring (huehue 10km square map, you still beleive it's 100square after the info?)).

So let's get this straight, you would go to a point of liking a company just 'cause it's a scam... it'd be like loving nixon for watergate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    So... you're telling us you call TB a tool... after all the PR that sergei got on you (customers) as a tool for his "Big rig" project? woah. He started the gameplay telling facts about a shady game with a shady reputation that got released in a shady way, he's no good at the game and it's not a way to measure the GAMEPLAY of the game itself, but the WAY the game is done and comercialized.
    Right, because a developer who made a shit game in his previous career can NEVER make a good game. That's great logic. If you try once and fail just fucking kill yourself cause you are a completely useless piece of shit at this point.

Here are my quotes from a couple of pages back (bolded key parts for you)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    What a laughable review by TB. He did absolutely nothing but bash the graphics that entire video. I can understand him being angry/complaining about the information on Steam because it's completely false, but he only talked about that for a whopping 2 minutes (estimation) of his 40+ minute video.

He calls the game boring because he crawls in prone for 6 minutes when there are no zombies anywhere around him, and then gets mad when he gets close to zombies and dies because he is shit at the game. He was complaining about the time it took to kill a zombie by hitting it in the stomach. Well, considering how the only way to kill the zombies is to hit them in the head, yeah I can see why he is having a problem there.

Seriously, he gave a bad review because he can't stay alive. That's the whole fucking point of the game. He is bashing it because the game is to hard for him.
    I don't have to watch it again because I can play it. And I don't die to zombies (not like him at least) because I know how to play the game.
    And that is a great question "why would TB lie?"

If you watch it again, he did absolutely NOTHING productive, he just ran around and died by zombies(he got PKd once, but it is an online game so what do you expect). If you play a game like WoW and never get past level 1 do you have the right to call it a shit game? Well that is exactly what TB just did.
    Are you seriously going to tell me I am wrong?

I supported D3 on the beta, I had hopes, but once you realize the ship is sinking there's no point on trying to save the ship, it's already on the big pile of junk undersea. It's not about randomly bashing "this game" or "that game", like what happened to a lot of games we've known (the WoW-GW2 / LoL-DotA discussions that are somewhat circlejerks) but those games are far distant from blatant moneygrabs or illegal issues that this game has (ToS taken from LoL - Abusive clause - Fake sponsoring (huehue 10km square map, you still beleive it's 100square after the info?)).

So let's get this straight, you would go to a point of liking a company just 'cause it's a scam... it'd be like loving nixon for watergate.
    The only thing that was lied about when I bought the game was really just the ToS from LoL (I still barely believe that's real, but it is definitely not a reason to not play the game. How many companies do you think actually write their ToS from scratch, lmao.). The map isn't 100 km2 but it sure as hell isn't 10. That guys math was extremely sketchy at best. If you have played the game, the map size is fine (I'm not saying their lying is okay, but I still like the game).

Telling someone to kill themselves is not okay. Please cut down on the personal attacks.
    Last edited by Sj; 2012-12-20 at 04:40 AM.

Move along.

Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Well, he's back working on Vanguard so...yeah...Still trying to figure that one out.
    Well its not like he could get a job anywhere else. Remember when he tried to rehab his image with that blog? That flew like a lead balloon. Someone he knows at Sony took pity on him. Just like they took pity on him when they bought Sigil. I don't know who Brad exactly knows at Sony, but he sure as hell owes them, big time. Maybe Patrick Bowman can friend Brad's friend?

Valve actually yanked his game from Steam's buyables? Has that actually ever happened before? It would simply be pathetic if it didn't also apparently raise, or perhaps lower in this case, the "bar."
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-12-20 at 04:26 AM.

Lmao, some people can be such dick heads on these forums, I have never called anyone a fanboy, all I said was that TB is a tool, and that "1st impression" was god awful. He started the gameplay hating the game.

I do not support what the devs have done over the last 4 days or so, however I have been supporting this game from the beginning and this is the first time they have truly fucked up. So sorry I am trying to be optimistic about a game I enjoy playing. There are a lot of game that I despise that people will die for, so instead of bashing the hell out of it I just ignore the game and move on.

What the company has done to the new Steam customers is atrocious, but all of the people who bought the game before Steam knew exactly what they were buying. The game is unfinished and being developed by a rather small and new company. I am not going to cry and beg for a refund for a game I enjoy playing just because the company has some shit PR (EA comes to mind).

I have never EVER personally attacked someone in this thread, yet you can find my name in infracted posts all over the place. Some dude even said he wished I would die in a car accident. Serves me right, how dare I enjoy playing a game! And how dare I try and let other new comers give the game a fair shot! (mostly referring to my posts before the Steam epidemic)
    Summed up well. I like the game not a fan boy of either game. I agree putting it on steam saying it is complete is pretty stupid. But before this whole issue happened they did nothing wrong really, just some over promising but blizzard is known to do that a lot anyways heh. Basically they tried to beat Day Z to the punch for release and it kicked them in the ass but I like the game thought it played much better then the current Day Z. But if Day Z fixes all the flaws in the release I'll buy it until then both games are far from perfect.

The TB review was just awful I honestly never had the issues he had. He just tried his best to bash the game however possible, says it is a complete clone when War Z added a sight/hearing system, better running system, and less bugs then Day Z has. ( like actual non derp zombies) He also just flat out sucked at it not playing it like a survival game like how you would play Day Z. I'll agree with him in the sense of basically they should not have put it on steam or at least said it is in beta. Otherwise it is coming along fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, because a developer who made a shit game in his previous career can NEVER make a good game. That's great logic. If you try once and fail just fucking kill yourself cause you are a completely useless piece of shit at this point.

Here are my quotes from a couple of pages back (bolded key parts for you)

Are you seriously going to tell me I am wrong?

The only thing that was lied about when I bought the game was really just the ToS from LoL (I still barely believe that's real, but it is definitely not a reason to not play the game. How many companies do you think actually write their ToS from scratch, lmao.). The map isn't 100 km2 but it sure as hell isn't 10. That guys math was extremely sketchy at best. If you have played the game, the map size is fine (I'm not saying their lying is okay, but I still like the game).
    Did you even HEAR what he say on his playthrough? he didn't talk about game mechanics at all, all he had was gameplay issues, issues that are WITHIN the game limitations, can't swim (LOL), player models not being loaded (LOL?), outdated graphics (yeah, bushes looked so realistic... like 2004), getting killed by small slopes... ALL OF THOSE ISSUES ARE NOT SKILL BASED. Neither did the blatant lies he showed on the vid, and which everyone knows.
    This whole "His arguments are wrong cuz he bad" are stupid, why? Because first he didn't even talked about mechanics, he talked about the game itself and it's fundations, second, it's a way to make a falacy, how? Ad hominem insults to his skill on the game and not on his arguments.

The things you were lied about were the distance on the map - existence of clans - the skill tree - the two modes of play - the server cap "UP TO 100" (when it only had 50) - the dedicated servers - Meld of PvE and PvP...
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/12/20/th...itov-backlash/

pretty much sums up the lie you had to deal with when buying an unfinished game that promised all that stuff AS A FULL GAME, NOT AS FUNDING (lol, if he wanted that, he should've gone greenlight).

Either one of two:
    A) You're too blind
    B) You're not as blind, but a bit "innocent" to beleive all of the statements above were true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthewarior View Post
    Summed up well. I like the game not a fan boy of either game. I agree putting it on steam saying it is complete is pretty stupid. But before this whole issue happened they did nothing wrong really, just some over promising but blizzard is known to do that a lot anyways heh. Basically they tried to beat Day Z to the punch for release and it kicked them in the ass but I like the game thought it played much better then the current Day Z. But if Day Z fixes all the flaws in the release I'll buy it until then both games are far from perfect.
    Huh... When Steam feels like they have to change your game from buyable to, well, not and offer refunds? Ban the devs mod rights and themselves edit the game's description on Steam? Sorry, that goes way beyond doing "nothing really wrong."

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/1...ing-on-forums/

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/1...ions-of-fraud/
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-12-20 at 04:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Did you even HEAR what he say on his playthrough? he didn't talk about game mechanics at all, all he had was gameplay issues, issues that are WITHIN the game limitations, can't swim (LOL), player models not being loaded (LOL?), outdated graphics (yeah, bushes looked so realistic... like 2004), getting killed by small slopes... ALL OF THOSE ISSUES ARE NOT SKILL BASED. Neither did the blatant lies he showed on the vid, and which everyone knows.
    This whole "His arguments are wrong cuz he bad" are stupid, why? Because first he didn't even talked about mechanics, he talked about the game itself and it's fundations, second, it's a way to make a falacy, how? Ad hominem insults to his skill on the game and not on his arguments.

The things you were lied about were the distance on the map - existence of clans - the skill tree - the two modes of play - the server cap "UP TO 100" (when it only had 50) - the dedicated servers - Meld of PvE and PvP...
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/12/20/th...itov-backlash/

pretty much sums up the lie you had to deal with when buying an unfinished game that promised all that stuff AS A FULL GAME, NOT AS FUNDING (lol, if he wanted that, he should've gone greenlight).

Either one of two:
    A) You're too blind
    B) You're not as blind, but a bit "innocent" to beleive all of the statements above were true.
    Please read my whole post, not just bits and pieces because you are clearly missing something.

About the TB topic; not being able to swim (lots of game put in boundaries like this, it's nothing new, nor is it game breaking), player models not loading (I agree this is terrible, however, I have never seen that happen when I was playing, nor have I ever even heard of it until TB's video), outdated graphics (there are a lot of new games that don't use AAA graphics, and they are usually the better games), taking small amounts of damage from small slopes, they fixed that IIRC.
    Not a single one of those problems would make the game boring, which was TB's main argument, hence the name "The BoreZ." It was boring because he did nothing. To say I am wrong on that is plane ignorant.

Move along.

10+ Year Old Account
    says it is a complete clone when War Z added a sight/hearing system

It may not be as bad as dying in a car accident but telling people they're dumb, stupid, fucking hypocrites and dick heads is still quite personal .
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I would be most concerned with right now is the account "security" of anyone who took part in their RMT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Play the game?
    My point was that you seem to defend against claims that it was a clone by saying they added a feature that the game they're accused of copying already had. Not saying it is or isn't clone, don't care on that front, just struck me as odd .
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please read my whole post, not just bits and pieces because you are clearly missing something.

About the TB topic; not being able to swim (lots of game put in boundaries like this, it's nothing new, nor is it game breaking), player models not loading (I agree this is terrible, however, I have never seen that happen when I was playing, nor have I ever even heard of it until TB's video), outdated graphics (there are a lot of new games that don't use AAA graphics, and they are usually the better games), taking small amounts of damage from small slopes, they fixed that IIRC.
    Not a single one of those problems would make the game boring, which was TB's main argument, hence the name "The BoreZ." It was boring because he did nothing. To say I am wrong on that is plane ignorant.
    Not being able to swim on a game that's supposed to be a sandbox game with "exploration" to it, you expect the 100km square to be actually existant, this takes away even more the fact that the 10km square that were calculated today by a pc gaming webpage (linked a few pages before) is even LESS than 10km square, this is a blatant lie.

I've seen indie games from 2 years ago with better graphics and handling better performances, a pc like the one TB has with lower than 50 fps and graphics far bellow what PS2 has (which iirc on his last vid about ps2 he said he got 40fps on big scales battles...). You can indeed make a good game with low graphics, that's one of the reasons I play old games, not for their graphical fidelity, but when you show pictures of a BEAUTIFUL game with amazing graphics and stunishing areas to find (while actually NONE of them exists ingame now, NONE, what's even more insulting is that they're charging you for a mod from their free to play game, LOL).

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    My point was that you seem to defend against claims that it was a clone by saying they added a feature that the game they're accused of copying already had. Not saying it is or isn't clone, don't care on that front, just struck me as odd .
    Probably could of worded it better but I mean they added things that Day Z doesn't have and it is not a pure clone like TB mentioned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably could of worded it better but I mean they added things that Day Z doesn't have and it is not a pure clone like TB mentioned.
    2 new "useful" information mechanics? woah that's revolutionary from the copy you just made, imma make 300 heroes, which is nowhere near a copy of league of... wait it already exists and it copied LoL/DotA/Pixar characters.

Deleted
    why you compare a standalone game towards a mod that has its limits? Or are you admitting Warz is a mod of the f2p game warinc?

Quote Originally Posted by Onaturi View Post
    why you compare a standalone game towards a mod that has its limits? Or are you admitting Warz is a mod of the f2p game warinc?
    Because everyone else is? They borrowed assets and used the same engine but it is a different game. Neither games are perfect but if War Z was still in their beta (which they should be) all the problems are normal. EVERYONE WHO BOUGHT THE GAME PRE STEAM knew it was in beta and that was fine. I do not agree it should have been released as complete on steam and them copy/pasting info from their site that is not currently in the game. Before this issue like I already mentioned they did nothing wrong and the game was doing fine. It was not and still is not a scam basically wanted a early release and screwed it up. (EA)