Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I was a large fan of this game but that deteriorated over time with the way the devs presented themselves especially with the comment about Dead Linger. I bought the game while it was in Alpha hoping it would improve which it has but as time goes on they keep digging a bigger hole for themselves with the constant lies and cover ups especially blaming the community for mis-reading on Steam.

You can see me defending the game in the early pages of this thread because judging a game before sufficient information is available is unfair and at the time we knew it was in early stages.

This is something that I just found which made me rather dissappointed: http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/188v...g/original.jpg

I woudn't go to the extent and call it a scam but more of a cash grab.

I didn't believe it was in development before DayZ but I didn't mind this because competition is good and games inspired by others is how we have the what we have today.

Such as Everquest being the foundations of MMO's (Don't flame me just an example of an early MMO that succeeded)

The game is fine and coming along slowly but steadily but they've lost all my support blaming the entire community for misreading the steam page and trying to sell a game that clearly isn't ready (This would have been fine if it was a pre-purchase with Alpha/Beta access)

I personally don't mind that I bought it I got my moneys worth through hours played even tho it was Alpha/Beta and the game could have been fine once textures are brought upto a higher standard and the listed features added but what really killed this game for me and I'm sure many others is the way the developers, Sergey in particular presented themselves.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-12-20 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    The game is fine and coming along slowly but steadily but they've lost all my support blaming the entire community for misreading the steam page and trying to sell a game that clearly isn't ready (This would have been fine if it was a pre-purchase with Alpha/Beta access)
    Pretty much my thoughts they handled the steam problem pretty bad.

Good guy Valve, scumbag Steve WarZ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthewarior View Post
    The TB review was just awful I honestly never had the issues he had. He just tried his best to bash the game however possible, says it is a complete clone when War Z added a sight/hearing system, better running system, and less bugs then Day Z has. ( like actual non derp zombies) He also just flat out sucked at it not playing it like a survival game like how you would play Day Z. I'll agree with him in the sense of basically they should not have put it on steam or at least said it is in beta. Otherwise it is coming along fine.
    He went out of his way to slam the game when a problem arose. You watched it yourself if you're mentioning it.
    Please don't give me the "he was bad at the game" excuse when the game itself had no tutorial.

Again you can defend the game as much as you want and enjoy it as much as you want but there is absolutely no chance in hell that the majority of the problems people have with the game are legitimate and fact - such it copying it's TOS from LoL, artwork being stolen from The Walking Dead, bad business model, bugs galore, features not implemented, developer lying in an interview and blaming customers for "misreading" the features, banning people on the forums for so much as criticising the game and finally the fact the game looked and felt and pretty was not finished and was clearly in it's alpha stages of development heck to mask this they called it a "foundation release".

The release has made it painfully obvious that the game was mashed together in the space of 7-8 months (Whichever is right...) purely to cash in on the DayZ craze.

Those are legitimate problems and are not mere opinion. You are free to enjoy the game despite these obvious flaws, but by paying for it and playing it you may aswell be giving the developer the thumbs up about their obviously atrocious game model.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-12-20 at 08:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    can't support this game at the moment so badly handled. tb first look was total garbage mind. glad steam yanked it. ill try and play it when its ready seeing as I bought at anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    can't support this game at the moment so badly handled. tb first look was total garbage mind. glad steam yanked it. ill try and play it when its ready seeing as I bought at anyway
    If you're that concerned I'd consider a refund and just wait until the DayZ stand alone.

Dropping this here, I don't know if it been posted, but this shit was called 4 months ago.

Rhinocrunch got a lot of shit about his review of the game. He said what was honest, and now is being lauded as a voice of someone who knows about games.

Internet justice at least.

Sent a mail to support@xsolla.com asking for a refund. Wish me luck.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Only thing I can wish for is that getting burned like this will help you make better decisions in spending money on games in the future :P

I've been burned like that before with different games. As a result, I pretty much never buy a game until I've had a long time to read about it and gather information about it
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Only thing I can wish for is that getting burned like this will help you make better decisions in spending money on games in the future :P

I've been burned like that before with different games. As a result, I pretty much never buy a game until I've had a long time to read about it and gather information about it
    I wish I had looked harder for information, that's for sure.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Ah so I take it you didn't order it through Steam?
    Good luck then.

I can only hope all this bad press damages Hammerpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Ah so I take it you didn't order it through Steam?
    Good luck then.

I can only hope all this bad press damages Hammerpoint.
    Yeah, I ordered it way back in October from their website.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Dropping this here, I don't know if it been posted, but this shit was called 4 months ago.

Rhinocrunch got a lot of shit about his review of the game. He said what was honest, and now is being lauded as a voice of someone who knows about games.

Internet justice at least.
    I like his review

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    I wonder how big their fanbase is now after the last couple of days.
    Dead in the water, if they ever had one. I just don't understand what made people interested in buying the game to begin with. Even from looking at the earlier stuff, it never looked like anything more than a straight up DayZ clone; so why not just stick with DayZ?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Oh that's incredible.

lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    hahaa oh my god

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

Quote Originally Posted by vazar_da_priest View Post
    DO NOT SUPPORT SUCH A MORALLY BANKRUPT "GAME STUDIO" OR ITS PUBLISHER.

after helping people figure out a way to LEGALLY get a refund for this game (via a youtube video), most seeking one due to false advertising, WARZ's legal team sent Sonifys a C&D letter to remove his YouTube video. This company has lied to its customers and is now seeking legal action against anyone who wishes to receive a refund (if they did not purchase on steam). The game was removed from steam after valve realized the incompleteness of the game and after realzing forums mods for WARZ on Steams forums were deleting any post criticizing the game, and then banning the OP.

Don't buy this game and support cash grabbing jerks who wish to plague the gaming market.

link to reddit post with more details: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...o_that_helped/
    Wow that's just terrible. I doubt a PM via YouTube would hold any real legal power, though. Probably just an intimidation tactic. I hope the guy leaves the video up.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Worst game I've ever seen.
    Don't recommend anyone to buy this.

Deleted
    hello, me again.......just wanted to swing by and say........CALLED IT XD, oh i see walldo has been banned? omg im laughing so hard i think i peed a little.

i got ripped for pointing out the facts and when i visted the other day people were still definant despite all the shit, seems like people have finally woken up and smell the coffee. But how all of you who defended the game in the first place couldn't see what was coming is beyond me. I suppose i shouldn't underestimate peoples capacity for stupidly.
    Last edited by mmoce78a54d14a; 2012-12-20 at 12:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    I wonder how big their fanbase is now after the last couple of days.
    For the short time it was for sale it was one of Steam's top selling games.

At this point, the game itself is probably a better zombie than the zombies in it. My main suggestion, to anyone who gave this crew their billing info, would be to watch your bank accounts and credit reports.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.