Page 38 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    DayZ Standalone is being called " Foundation Build"

Now WAR-Z is calling their game Foundation Build also

Mods from WarZ have come forward saying the game is a blatant rip off, There will never been any vehicles, Wildlife and weather cycles, and they already have plans to abandon the game within 6 moths..

Let's not start the game vs. game nonsense again. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-11-24 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MossEs View Post
    DayZ Standalone is being called " Foundation Build"

Now WAR-Z is calling their game Foundation Build also

Mods from WarZ have come forward saying the game is a blatant rip off, There will never been any vehicles, Wildlife and weather cycles, and they already have plans to abandon the game within 6 moths..

Please show me where they said they plan to abandon the game after 6 months. And please show me where DEVS said that there will be none of that, because honestly, Mods have no influence on the game, nor know much about the game plans.
    Last edited by Luciferstwin; 2012-11-24 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferstwin View Post
    Please show me where they said they plan to abandon the game after 6 months. And please show me where DEVS said that there will be none of that, because honestly, Mods have no influence on the game, nor know much about the game plans.
    Just ignore these type of people, people don't understand that competition is a good thing and believe that there can only be one game of each genre.

yeah, sure... proofs about that being oficial? Because the only thing that comes to my mind is the hack of one of the mods account on the forum and start deleting a lot of threads (i dont know if they created any "troll-thread"), and trolling people.

Have they announced the date for a wipe?

Quote Originally Posted by Elenion View Post
    Have they announced the date for a wipe?
    November 30th! and I believe in the content patch before that the civilian weapons are added and made to be more common than the military grade ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    The main-issue said in one word:
    Defensive stance

Patch Notes For Today:

You can now create clans and have a clan chat in game. You can switch to the clan chat with F3.
    The entire map is now available.
    Misc engine optimizations.
    Added some memory optimizations.
    A language filter has been implemented for chat.
    Player names can only contain alphanumerical characters.
    Zombies now properly react to barricades.
    You can now see the amount of xp you get when killing Zombies.
    Fixed some Zombie AI issues.
    Fixed some crash issues.
    Fixed a bug that allowed you to bind the windows and Esc keys.
    Fixed a bug that allowed you to bind the same key to multiple actions.
    Fixed bug that left the scope up when switching to
    Fixed a bunch of animations.
    Fixed the disconnecting bug.
    Fixed a bug where grass was not showing up while zoomed in with Scopes, Binoculars, and Range Finder.
    Fixed bugs with the chat that allowed size and color changes.
    Should note that apparently it takes 1000 GC to create a clan so me and many others are SOL since the devs said to freely spend it and there was no mention of it having a cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    The main-issue said in one word:
    Defensive stance

I'm rather surprised that you have to pay to create a clan using GC but the fact you have a clan only chat seems worth it.

Keep in mind they have to earn money somehow and being able to have a clan chat is more of a luxury than necessity and if it proves to be too much you can simply use mumble/skype/team speak or ventrillo.

I'm excited to go home and explore the last part of the map for new items

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    I'm rather surprised that you have to pay to create a clan using GC but the fact you have a clan only chat seems worth it.

Keep in mind they have to earn money somehow and being able to have a clan chat is more of a luxury than necessity and if it proves to be too much you can simply use mumble/skype/team speak or ventrillo.

So its free to play - ?

lol pay to win

So its free to play - ?

lol pay to win
    Erm, while I'm not sure of the specifics, how is that "winning"? And please say you're not one of those, "All f2p games are p2w!" people, because I'm getting tired of people who completely reject reality.

So its free to play - ?

lol pay to win
    Not sure the point of just highlighting one part, just to emphasize that any company needs to earn money?
    They do need to live...
    How it is pay to win in anyway from that mentioning?

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Not sure the point of just highlighting one part, just to emphasize that any company needs to earn money?
    They do need to live...
    How it is pay to win in anyway from that mentioning?
    Highlight part where is says- Have to earn money some how, The game costs up to AAA prices for less contents than an Ethiopians pantry..

They could remove the zombies and I don't thing the player base would notice for a few day

Mechagnome
    1st of i attempted to stay out of this topic but got a bit confused here

So its free to play - ?

lol pay to win
    Since when is it F2p? Last time i checked you need to buy the game.
    Do not worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older it will avoid you.
    Joey Adams

I'll post this here. For the record, I was debating whether to buy the game or not, and really want a Zombie game like DayZ + WarZ. However;

http://www.rhinocrunch.com/forum/gen...z?limitstart=0

I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with DayZ after reading this, as well as the Reddit thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/commen..._game_thewarz/

edit: this isn't to incite some WarZ hate, I just think people should be aware before purchasing. If it was DayZ being thrown under the bus, I would post exactly the same.
    Last edited by CM Punk; 2012-11-28 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    I'll post this here. For the record, I was debating whether to buy the game or not, and really want a Zombie game like DayZ + WarZ. However;

I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with DayZ after reading this, as well as the Reddit thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/commen..._game_thewarz/

edit: this isn't to incite some WarZ hate, I just think people should be aware before purchasing. If it was DayZ being thrown under the bus, I would post exactly the same.
    Rhinocrunch is nothing more then a hardcore DayZ fanboy. I wouldn't take anything he says seriously. If you have patients, I would suggest The Dead Linger. It's still in very very early alpha and has a long way to go, but in the end it will be the best zombie survival game. Don't be put off by the graphics, again it's in early alpha and the graphics are just place holders. Just some key features for The Dead Linger. Randomly generated earth sized worlds. Interact with any object you see and enter any building you see. When I say interact with every object, I mean you can literally pick up a piece of wood on the ground and nail it to a door. There will be vehicles such as cars, boats, and aircraft. Single player mode and online mode.
    Last edited by AdrianCC100; 2012-11-28 at 02:07 PM.

Hmm an ex employee with a grudge and rhino crunch the biggest day z fanby going...not sure those are the 2 greatest candidates for a fair opinion on the game. That being said, I am not believing half the stuff we've been told about this game, keep waiting for that killer patch but right now each one is just not improving the game that much.
    This doesn’t mean that we’re walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC. We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December, and Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is available on PS4.
    More corporate lies and bullshit PR in the gaming industry.

That guy was a forum mod.... there is no way he would know any of that stuff (even if it was true). He is just mad that his account got hacked and WarZ decided not to keep him as a mod because of his stupidity.

Rhinocrunch was the same guy who had "proof" that the WarZ was a complete fake. Well now we are all playing it.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-11-28 at 03:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr
    I thought doing the toothpaste-tube-squeeze and vigorous shake was the "traditional" way.

I've seen a few of his (Rhino's) vids and read a few of his reddit posts. He's terrible. I've yet to see any evidence on his part to support any of his claims, and as Adrian said, he seems to be more of a hardcore DayZ guy (check his YouTube for further evidence, or his post history on reddit) with a grudge against another game.

Redit: Just read the forum post...volunteer mods on sites like that don't get to know about the development of the game in any depth or detail. He just sounds upset that they removed him as a mod, then got forum banned when he raged about it on the forums. His claims of banning his account as well seem kinda sketchy, but if they did do it, that's pretty bad.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-11-28 at 03:35 PM.

Im not even sure if you can call this guy a DayZ fanboi based on one of his comments:

Look how early this game is in Development, a true developer would NEVER release a game that currently has no objective rather than pointlessly running around for hours on hours collecting soup cans.
    Doesnt seem like he gets the point of these games at all and Im sure WarZ has way more developed content to follow than DayZ does.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post

If you are in certain proximity of your clan mate, you can see blue arrow on top of their character.